Thinking of getting (for PC)

PC/iPad/Android : Turn based Empire building in the Roman World. Now on iPad and Android!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Martok
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Thinking of getting (for PC)

Post by Martok »

So to my embarrassment, I must confess that until the announcement for the iPad version, I didn't even know of Legion's existence. :oops:

Went to take a look at the product page, and I must admit I like a lot of what I see. I've been wanting a proper Roman-era grand strategy game for years -- Rome Total War left a very bad taste in my mouth -- and gosh darn-it if Legion doesn't look like it might be able to scratch that particular itch. However, since I know only too well (as do most of us, I suspect) that a PC title which sounds great on paper isn't always so hot when you sit down to actually play it, I have a few questions (in no particular order):

1.) Which game/series would you say Legion is closest to? Total War? AGEOD? Magitech's Sango & Takeda titles? Combination/other?

2.) How is the atmosphere/immersion factor?

3.) How good/bad is the AI?

4.) How's the UI, manual & tutorials (if there are any), learning curve, and overall user-friendliness (or lack thereof)?

I'm sure there's more I'd intended to ask, but I'll leave it at that for now. I can feel sleep quickly overtaking me, so I'm off to hit the sack!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thinking of getting (for PC)

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I think there is a demo out there which you can try (turns to Google...)

http://www.gamershell.com/download_8980.shtml

there are quite a few other hosts out there too IIRC.

Hopefully you will enjoy the Legion experience. Others can more fully answer the subjective questions - I really like Legion :)

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Legion & Legion Gold”