Pandora Beta has started!

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

Happycat
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Pandora Beta has started!

Post by Happycat »

Iain, I sense that I am quite late in noticing this beta, but would be quite interested in participating if you need someone else. I liked the video on FB, and although this is outside of my usual WW2/WW1 area of interest, I am a keen science fiction fan and open to testing a game in that genre.

Either way, best of success with this one :)
Chance favours the prepared mind.
Alfdaur
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Alfdaur »

I'm wondering when there will be a new batch of Beta invitations. I don't recon I'll get in it on my first lotery, but knowing when to check my email would be nice. I have to say, the game looks really promising. I really like the ideas of the tactical map abilities (Nukes, Drop Pods, etc.). I wish you all the best of luck with this game. ^^
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're adding new people every week or two so there is always a chance :)
Earthmichael
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Earthmichael »

I did not sign up until the end of Februrary, but I did not receive a message either way about the beta.

Just to cite my main creditials for beta tester, I am the top player in the world for SMAC ( see alphacentauri2 info web site, this site will not let me post the URL). I have won the majority of the SMAC Game of the Month scenarios as well, and have also written some After Action Reports and a lot of strategic advice articles.
Skukkuk
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Skukkuk »

Well, checking my email every day, but yet didn't recieve the bata-invitation. I've checked it twice and my account is open to recieve email notifications and newsletters. Nothing left in my spam folder.... Whome to contact about?
Redbaron_13
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Redbaron_13 »

Hi there,

Slitherine, please help me?

A while ago I got an E-mail that I was accepted for the Beta of Pandora, the mail included product code and links.
But from the start I only get 'You are not authorised to read this forum' after clicking the link and logging in.
Maybe a delay I thought and your E-mail is from a Noreply adress..., so I tried several times, but alas

Just now I noticed that in the mailheader my account name is written as 'RedBaron113'. This is not my correct account name!
My account name is 'Redbaron_13'.

Can you help me? I really want to be part of the beta like I was with Commander TGW.
Jemar

Post by Jemar »

Hello, guys!

I'm great fan of Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire games. So you may understand why I'm interested. Long time ago I've made fractions for game with fraction editor, drawing bases etc.
I believe in your project. The Civ series are seem to be too dry for me. Not jucefull. Wish to participate and share ideas.

Hope I will get it soon.

Jemar.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Red Baron it sounds like you might have 2 accounts. You registered for the beta with the one used in the email. If you contact support they'll help you merge the 2 accounts together,
Monaldinio
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Monaldinio »

Hey Ho!

Is there already a release date???
Some time ago, the release date was the 15th May ...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're still working on the game. We have some final polish we want to get in before preparing the Gold Master. We're getting close but still a bit to do.

We're adding over 100 more beta testers a week but still have a huge waiting list of people who want to join.
Swotoro1

Post by Swotoro1 »

Iain,

I received an invite, but the client installer link isn't allowing me to log in (keep getting an error message about not allowing updates while changing password or something such -- I was forced to change my password by the system).

Any help would be appreciated.

Swotoro (had to create a new account just to post this message)
Monaldinio
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Monaldinio »

IainMcNeil wrote:We're still working on the game. We have some final polish we want to get in before preparing the Gold Master. We're getting close but still a bit to do.

We're adding over 100 more beta testers a week but still have a huge waiting list of people who want to join.

Sounds good!
Could you give a rough estimate when release will be ? In 2 months, 3 months ... Better would be a month! -)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Make sure you are logging in with the username you registered for the beta - this is int eh invite email. If it doesn't work please contact support@slitherine.co.uk for a password reset.
Warmonger89

Post by Warmonger89 »

hi :mrgreen:
am i too late to participate in the beta?
gamble999

Post by gamble999 »

Got a new computer so I stayed off Pandora for some time. :D Got to make up for the lost time! 8)
gullyfoyle777

Post by gullyfoyle777 »

Hi! I'm new. I am hoping I am not too late for the beta. I am very interested in this game. So is my husband. :-) Are you still sending out the emails every week? Or did I totally sign up too late?

Thanks
Alfdaur

Post by Alfdaur »

I'm still waiting for a response, and I responded around January to this beta. So beter not set your hopes to high. But the game official release date is Q3 2013, so you don't need to wait that long. ^ ^
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're still adding beta testers on a regular basis so there is always a chance. We just had so many applicants we could not add them all.
Alfdaur

Post by Alfdaur »

Thanks for the reply, it makes a lot more sense knowing that you guys where overwhelmed by all the applicants.
MizzouRah
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MizzouRah »

I want in.. no, I have to get in on this beta. :)

I hope it's close to release.. I just want to play!

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”