Some new icons if you want them, more to follow

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Some new icons if you want them, more to follow

Post by flakfernrohr »

I have been working on a large group of new icons for Panzer Corps for some time. They number over 200 and include many that are not in the game at all in any variation. They also include some variations of several of the popular icons and I did this for variety. I did them for my own use as I find the vanilla icons rather boring usually. Rezaf did about a dozen of these and the others were either new from images I found on the net or modifications of the vanilla icons or perhaps some already done by someone. A large number icon art work was done in 3 D by a Mr. K. Wong in Hong Kong who graciously provided a large number of original icons and paper panzers that will be forthcoming. If for some reason I used someone's icon creation and neglect to acknowledge them, please accept my apologies. I have worked on these for over a year on and off as time permitted. I tried to find original images on the internet to make the icons. So it is entirely possible that I had an icon in my files that I made a mistake about as its origin. For the most part, I did them with help from Rezaf on the initial batch of about a dozen or so.

You will find several variations of the Panzer IV H & J here with "battle damaged" armor shurtzen and even mesh skirts. You will also find StuGIIIG variations with "battle damaged" side skirts, Panthers, etc. There is a steel wheel version of the Panther G and Panthers with track armor on the turret. There is even a Beob. Panther and the paper APC. Some of the icons have long names, but I attempted to describe what each was with the names. I used the Tiger II Sound & stat variations with adjustments for movement on the L71 and larger equipped Panthers. I used the SdKfz 7-1 sound effects and stats for the E50 Flak Zwilling. For the Beob and the APC Panthers I used standard Panther sounds and stats with the cannon sound removed.

Also of note you will see FOUR StuGIIIG Icons with infantry beside them. When Ostfront came out with their add on to PzC, it included a more powerful version of the Gross Deutschland Division and a special icon using the short barrel Stug. I did not like the icon, but liked the idea. So Von Paulus made a version of it for me with a StuGIIIG L48 75mm and I figured out how he did it. I made a different version for the 12th SS HJ and Herman Goering Division since they were elite and equipped accordingly. Probably some other divisions like Panzer Lehr and Ferenhalle (sic) deserve the same, but I stopped at four. The Gross Deutschland icons are for the Grenadiers and Fusliers of GD.

Everything for the camo was done through the DCS mod and some new skins will shortly be made available, mostly hard pattern for Panthers and Paper Panzers.

The download link is here at MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/449eu15 ... nzer_Corps

There will be more coming in the form of armor, halftracks and softskins. Perhaps even eventually some infantry.
Attachments
StuG's.jpg
StuG's.jpg (191.53 KiB) Viewed 17158 times
Panzer IV's.jpg
Panzer IV's.jpg (156.36 KiB) Viewed 17158 times
Panthers Group.jpg
Panthers Group.jpg (174.22 KiB) Viewed 17158 times
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Some new icons if you want them, more to follow

Post by flakfernrohr »

Since I have gotten no comments, positive or otherwise so far, I am wondering if anyone wants these icons and the others or not. It's not going to hurt my feelings if no one wants them or the others that I have that are not even in the game like the Krupp and Rheinmetall AT guns and all the Paper Panzers, etc., the JP variations, truck and SdKFZ variations, etc.
Attachments
TIGER GRAPHICS.jpg
TIGER GRAPHICS.jpg (123.68 KiB) Viewed 17053 times
PaK guns.jpg
PaK guns.jpg (96.07 KiB) Viewed 17053 times
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Please, Flak, keep them coming... I am just downloading them, so I could not see all of them in detail... But the samples you uploaded look wonderful, specially the towed guns, which are a topic that is often overlooked by icon makers, they tend to put more attention to more "glamorous" tank units...
About receiving no comments, don't worry mate... I upload a lot of "new" icons (by new I mean not present in the game, as I do most transformation of already existent icons) and only a handful of the chaps here post comments and feedback... For the major part, visitors of this forum only look and or download them, but I'm sure they enjoy using the icons.

By the way, I am a rather recent member of this community, but I have read your earlier threads here, and I know you gave this community a lot of goodies to improve this game,so welcome back! :-)
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

By the way... Any chance of being able to download the whole pack in one compressed file? The link you provided allows to download the files one by one...
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Thank you for the reply Guille1434. I will continue to finish them up. I have about another 50-60 armored vehicles, including Paper Panzers, about 35-40 halftracks and about 35-40 trucks and softskins. I will wait until I have all of them working in the Scenario Editor before I make one large pack for dowloading. In the large pack I will include the StuG's, Pzr IV and Panthers I have already made a download link for.
mike322539
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by mike322539 »

Great job, fantastic units!! I'm looking forward to the other units announced by you.
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Sorry Flak, I didn't see the new thread...been so busy I've been checking the forums on my Razor

Those units look beautiful and I hope to see more..please keep up the good work.
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Hi Flak!

Is it possible please, that you upload on your MediaFire Page all Units in one Folder, and than packed as a .zip or 7z File for example? :?:
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

It's nice to see that some people want them besides me. It will take a little time to get them all run through the test run on Scenario Design. So if I load them all into ONE Zip File, you'll need to be a bit patient for ONE big Zip Folder. I have grouped them by type as I work through them. Also have a group of fortifications and bunkers that are entirely new, but they will come at the end. As I work through the icons and masks, I will post pictures of various icons put through the DCS mod so you can get an idea of what the group looks like. Virtually 95% of the icons were made with the idea of putting them through DCS, but a handful were made to use without the use of DCS. They will be easy to identify since they will NOT have a mask with the icon in the Zip File. All you need to do is load them into the Units as they are AFTER you have added them to the Equipment and Effects list.
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

I think you should give the vanilla units a different camo, they will better blend in with the other units. Unfortunately i have no time whatsoever to add units to the GTPG 2 database because all my time goes into LoV. But there are definitely some nice additions you put on display. Keep up the good work Flak. Perhaps you should add (if you haven't done so) the section of txt that can easily be copied/pasted into any e-file and efx file.
GSlapshot
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by GSlapshot »

Icons look great. What we really need is a couple of packages that we can use with the GME to easily use them without renaming and saving them to the PZ Folder.
airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Thx Flak ,for the time and effort
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

airbornemongo101 wrote:Thx Flak ,for the time and effort
I second this sentiment! Good job.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Yes Flak! I am waiting eagerly for you always excellent icon works... I like very much the announcement of a "fortification pack", other unit class often overlooked...
A "small" request from mine, if you don't mind: There was a model of heavy AT gun, in 12.8 cm calibre, which had a six wheeled carriage, I think it was called 12.8 cm Pak 44... Is there any possibility of making an icon of this unit? It would look wonderful. It is in my "most wanted" list, but I cannot find a suitable image of it to work on...

I downloaded your FlakPz E-50 and it is a very nice piece of work! (besides, I made a switched icon of it with elevated guns in order to be able to be used as an AA or direct fire unit).

By the way, don't hesitate to ask me for help, may be you need another hand to make the DCS masks for your finished icons, for example. Fortunately, I am having some free time right now. (everybody will see some more new icons uploadad by me in the Multipurpose Units Thread, hehehe!)
Thanks again!! :-) Thumbs up!
cammel

Post by cammel »

guille1434 wrote:Yes Flak! I am waiting eagerly for you always excellent icon works... I like very much the announcement of a "fortification pack", other unit class often overlooked...
A "small" request from mine, if you don't mind: There was a model of heavy AT gun, in 12.8 cm calibre, which had a six wheeled carriage, I think it was called 12.8 cm Pak 44... Is there any possibility of making an icon of this unit? It would look wonderful. It is in my "most wanted" list, but I cannot find a suitable image of it to work on...

guille1434 would this be what you are looking for:

http://karopka.ru/community/user/7342/?MODEL=252272
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Here is the Rheinmetall PaK44 12.8cm AT gun deployed and the Krupp Pak44 12.8cm AT gun deployed. You will notice the difference in that the Rheinmetall gun carriage folds under the gun while the Krupp deploys stabilizing feet to the sides. These are the only two PaK44 AT guns I found in my search and so I made icons of both. No doubt they were scarce to be seen but surely terrible to encounter as a foe. Much easier to deploy, move and produce than the standard Flak versions.
Attachments
12.8cm PaK44 Rheinmetall Mask
12.8cm PaK44 Rheinmetall Mask
12.8cm_PaK44-Rheinmetall_Mask.png (4.8 KiB) Viewed 16742 times
12.8cm PaK44 Krupp
12.8cm PaK44 Krupp
12.8cm_PaK44-Krupp.png (45.19 KiB) Viewed 16742 times
12.8cm PaK44 Rheinmetall
12.8cm PaK44 Rheinmetall
12.8cm_PaK44-Rheinmetall.png (43.86 KiB) Viewed 16742 times
Last edited by flakfernrohr on Fri May 31, 2013 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Here is the mask for the Krupp 12.8cm PaK44
Attachments
12.8cm PaK44 Krupp Mask
12.8cm PaK44 Krupp Mask
12.8cm_PaK44-Krupp_Mask.png (5.04 KiB) Viewed 16742 times
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Here are some examples skinned in DCS. Usually the lighter skins will show more detail on artillery and ATK icons.
Attachments
12.8cm_PaK44_Krupp.png
12.8cm_PaK44_Krupp.png (24.4 KiB) Viewed 16742 times
12.8cm-PaK44-Rheinmetall.png
12.8cm-PaK44-Rheinmetall.png (22.27 KiB) Viewed 16742 times
12.8cm_PaK44-Rheinmetall.png
12.8cm_PaK44-Rheinmetall.png (22.08 KiB) Viewed 16742 times
cammel

Post by cammel »

Flak,fantastic work! Thank you.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Thank you for the kind words guys. I will do my best to complete the sections I have left undone.

Niki, I will gladly make specific groups in your choice of camo if you wish. I leave it up to you to tell me which icons and what skin. I am also going to put up some more skins on the forum in the near future. Not a large group, mostly hardline camo for the Paper Panzers and Panthers, but a few others also. Will also do the cut and past txt perimeters for the Paper Panzers and some others that are unique and make it available to the forum

GSlapshot, I named the units as I have for two reasons. I had anticipated the units being added to the Vanilla icon list in the game and had not considered doing them as a mod group. To rename over 200 icons and masks would be monumental for me actually as I burned myself out on making these icons last year. When you locate suitable artwork or pictures to use, then modify, change or in some cases completely makeover the image into how you want the icon to appear, then make masks, run them through Scenario Editor and make adjustments..............well you can see why I am reluctant to rename them. BUT if someone wants to make a mod out of these units, copy them, modify them or do whatever, I provide them a free hand and will not be so vain or selfish. They belong to the forum members who want to use them. Even plagerize them. The second reason I named them as such was to have them as individual units in the equipment roster and to have some designation as to the firepower, etc. so that a person would be able to set the perimeters for the equipment and efx numbers editing and to know about them on the game maps (an L100 88mm is longer range than an L71 88mm as is an L68 128mm versus an L55 128mm). Also I did not make "large" units and don't plan on it. So if someone wants to do it, feel free, I have the original pictures and artwork available.

Guile1434, please post your variation on the E50 Flak Zwilling on the forum. I'd love to have it. I may ask you for some help actually because I don't want to get burned out again. I am done with the Panthers, PzrIV, STuGIIIG's, Tigers and a few minor others. But I still have about 20 Paper Panzers, 10-15 miscellaneous, (all with icons made and masks), another 36 various other armored or tracked icons with masks, 36+ SdKfz variations with icons and masks and 27 or so new trucks with only the icons made. The foritifications group I have only made a handful of icons and masks and there are about 30 of them to make, but they are easier to make than a vehicle.

For those of you who don't know, the process is to make the icon, then a mask and then put it on the equipment roster and see how it looks and works on the map with the other units through the scenario editor. And that is not even considering making a BIG icon (which I didn't). So it takes some time to get all this done.

When all icons and masks are done, there will be over 200 available. All new to the game, some exciting and some not so exciting, but at least a different appearance than vanilla.
Last edited by flakfernrohr on Fri May 31, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”