Expansion too fast

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Giskler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Expansion too fast

Post by Giskler »

Am I the only one that feel expansion is happening too fast? I like exploring and picking out good sites to place cities, but right now it feels like a massive landgrab to compete with the AI. I would love if there was some sort of hindrance to expanding too fast like negative morale or having to research more tech to build more cities. The game just feels too fast and I would like for it to slow down a bit more.
Wildfire
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Expansion too fast

Post by Wildfire »

Yes, the landgrab is horrid at the moment. I've also seen a few cases where the enemy or other ai will come and plop a city really close, and I could have sworn that same spot would not take my colonizer to build a city on - and my city hasn't moved or been destroyed. I'm going to have to play that scenario a few more times and see if it's just my imagination, or a bug.

But yes, the expansion will kill you off about 60 turns in or so if you happen to land in a bad spot for resources and food (I always get stuck in tundra type tiles w/ the enviro faction - this happen to everyone else? It's like 4 of 10 game starts with them I'll land in the tundra. It just seems skewed a bit to be "random".

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”