Patch 1.20

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Patch 1.20

Post by Blathergut »

No word on when the DLC probs may be fixed?
dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by dragos »

I have been using the 1.20 patch + the additional exe + merged gamerules files in DLC folders, and having played several 1939 scenarios so far it seems to be working fine with the new rules.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

dragos wrote:I have been using the 1.20 patch + the additional exe + merged gamerules files in DLC folders, and having played several 1939 scenarios so far it seems to be working fine with the new rules.
Yes, I can confirm that! :wink:
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

I appreciate that feedback, but I'd rather not modify. I'll wait for the actual fix. Seems like it was a bigger deal than first thought. :cry:
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Same here. First of all Rudankort commented it would be a bit more than that and also if it takes this long and they even pulled the 1.2 patch, then I'm suspecting there's more than just this that needs fixing, so I'd rather wait for an official patch.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

He's still working on it. As far as I know it will be a full patch and not a quickfix.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

VPaulus wrote:He's still working on it. As far as I know it will be a full patch and not a quickfix.
I've got no problem with that. let the man work so it is all well thought through and tested :)
borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 »

KeldorKatarn wrote:
VPaulus wrote:He's still working on it. As far as I know it will be a full patch and not a quickfix.
I've got no problem with that. let the man work so it is all well thought through and tested :)
Good call, still dropping us some update every couple of weeks wouldn't be too bad :)
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Just curious about other player's experiences - is it just me or do units get exp a little bit faster now under 1.20, maybe due to the exp file? At least that's my impression, could be luck of course. Or maybe related to the dice chess setting I'm playing under?
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

The exp file only defines which bonuses units get per star of experience, it has nothing to do with experience gains. Difficulty levels however can influence that and of course, of dice chess makes you get better results on average that will also increase your XP income
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Yeah you're right. I was thinking that maybe the bonuses make combat easier beyond the pre-1.20 situation. Of course, maybe the bonuses in the exp file are just the same that were in the exe before, so this point would be moot.
Kamerer
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kamerer »

In earlier versions of 1.20 during beta, exp. gain was indeed tweaked a bit. Net effect was infantry was faster, and I think arty a little slower, some things like that. There was a chart shown with the changes, though I did not study it in depth. I don't think that was changed back and I think 1.20 will see different unit classes earn a little faster/slower than prior.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

No official progress report on the DLC fix???
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

It still is being working on.
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub »

If you need any beta-testers for the patch, here I am! :) Just tell me, where to apply...

I am just playing GC 39 with the modified gamerules.pzdat. It seems to be working, but I am a bit worried if modifying the gamerules.pzdat (and the new "exe" of course) will be the only stuff to be changed. I am afraid not... :cry:
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Considering the long development time that is my guess as well, which is why I'm waiting instead of trying to fix stuff myself. Rudankort also mentioned that he's not fond of that idea and wants to check first what needs to be fixed beyond that, Always listen to the lead dev hehe :) I'm sure he's doing his best to get this patch out to us as fast as he can, and I don't want to put even more pressure on him by constantly asking "is it done yet?" hehe. I know the feeling as a dev :)
So I guess we just have to wait a while. Maybe try some other content while he's working. PzC isn't going anywhere :)
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
krugec
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by krugec »

I don't know what people nag about, you backup your original file,edit the medals/heroes required part. Copy the file to the individual DLC directory. Backup the original .exe and replace with the one posted on forum.

Everything works,when the next patch hits, restore the original files (literally copy paste them back where they were) and patch will work 100%.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Considering that Rudankort ist working on the patch for weeks now it is probably a bit more than that, so I'm waiting. Also I don't believe anybody is "nagging". Everybody knows this workaround solution but most people tend to want to wait for an official patch :)
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
krugec
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by krugec »

Usually I am like that, I would rather wait for a couple of days then edit files, but since the fix will take time and its harmless to do it why not manually temp fix your problem and play. Allied corps just released and they need to work on that first,and vacation times are starting :D
artilleur
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by artilleur »

Hello and thanks for the great game... Having played the original PG i realise that plane selection and movement was simpler, in your new version of panzer corps it is very easy to miss click. Maybe this suggestion can be taken into consideration in a future upgrade. In PG original it was easy to select and deselect a plane, this is impossible in the new version. The only way to do so is by clicking on the next icon or by clicking outside the range of the airplane. Hope this helps... best of luck and thanks for reviving the past...

Return to “Panzer Corps”