Patch 1.20

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Patch 1.20

Post by VPaulus »

KeldorKatarn wrote: There has been quite a number of players, myself included, who have put the game on ice, waiting for the patch to arrive, to a large degree due to Rudankort's recommendation to do exactly that. To hear now that nobody has been working on the patch anymore because iPad has priority and that without informing us... is disturbing.
To my best knowledge the work was only interrupted for a couple of weeks. I'm saying weeks, not months. The developer team is small and the patch is 100% dependent on Alex work and can't be done by anybody else.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Hello All! I must admit that the following evaluation might be somewhat true. :oops:
KeldorKatarn wrote:I'm guessing the PzC team may have had a few too many releases, events and platform ports at the same time :P
However, right now the new patch is a first priority for me, and I won't be working on any other things until that is released. Finishing the patch, and also building the installer (which must be added to Slitherine's release queue) might still take some days, but it is coming really soon now. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.

Alex
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Hey Alex, no problem. As mentioned I was already guessing this was what's going on.

@VPaulus: I never really critisized the delay or shifting work so much. I'm well aware Alex is mostly on his own on this one, and believe me, I know exactly what it's like to work as the only main developer on several stuff at the same time :P
My major complaint was the downfall of communication and information flow. That's what I found disturbing, not the delay itself. I'm fine living without playing this game for a few months. Heck considering I've had fun with Panzer General for nearly 10 years, I can't even imagine how long I'll be playing this game considering all its content. Probably for several decades (don't you dare dropping support for this game before I hit 90. I fully expect this thing to work with Windows 17 XP/ME/Next Generation, are we clear? :P )

But I do expect some kind of better information flow than has happened in the past weeks. But as I also said, I can already guess what lead to this break in communication. I just wanted to express my feelings about it and my hope that things return back to the great ways we had before :) And I'm sure nobody in this community will have any hard feelings once that happens.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
RobertCL
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by RobertCL »

Hello,

Did patch 1.20 have an impact on Me 323 Gigant ?

I am playing with Afrika Corps right now (Caucasus) and I discovered I could deliver my tanks on any hex, I thought using an airfield was mandatory.
I think this aircraft needed an airbase to land, OK for infantry with gliders or paratroopers on Ju52 but heavy material on Me 323 Gigant should ne be dropped anywhere, am I wrong ?

I was wrong since it is a glider and I thought it was a plane...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_323

Oops! 8)
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Playing "Invasion of India" with Afrika Corps campaign, in the windows "New Equipment" just before the start of the scenario I see two times appearing the Me 109K, one in grey and one with sandy camo. Is it normal ?

Shouldn't this be corrected in next patch ?

In the purchase menu this is fine since there is no repetition.
Kamerer
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kamerer »

RobertCL wrote:Playing "Invasion of India" with Afrika Corps campaign, in the windows "New Equipment" just before the start of the scenario I see two times appearing the Me 109K, one in grey and one with sandy camo. Is it normal ?

Shouldn't this be corrected in next patch ?

In the purchase menu this is fine since there is no repetition.
No, it's correct. One is Luftwaffe, the other is Regia Aeronautica. That is why the camo is different. They only appear in the respective national purchase/upgrade windows.
robman

Post by robman »

RobertCL wrote:Hello,

Did patch 1.20 have an impact on Me 323 Gigant ?

I am playing with Afrika Corps right now (Caucasus) and I discovered I could deliver my tanks on any hex, I thought using an airfield was mandatory.
I think this aircraft needed an airbase to land, OK for infantry with gliders or paratroopers on Ju52 but heavy material on Me 323 Gigant should ne be dropped anywhere, am I wrong ?

I was wrong since it is a glider and I thought it was a plane...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_323

Oops! 8)
If I recall correctly, this was the intended gameplay, but I sympathize with your confusion--I shared it at the time. The Gigant in the game is a glider. The "glider" trait in the equipment file means "transportable by Gigant." Almost all units are Gigant-transportable, including Tigers and heavy artillery. And nothing ever breaks when they land! The other German gliders can only carry units that could be airlifted by other transport planes, i.e., infantry and light artillery with no transport.

In the interests of a modicum of historical realism, as well as gameplay variety, I think we need a slightly wider variety of air-transport traits AND carriers. For sure, it is cool to have a airplane or glider that can carry a Panzer IV or medium artillery... but a Tiger? To keep things simple, I propose three weight classes: light (pre-AK airlift), heavy air lift, and "no air." Air transports (glider or powered) would be either "light" or "heavy." And all glider-transported units should experience "breakage" (risk of suppression) upon landing--especially if they're heavy.
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

And all glider-transported units should experience "breakage" (risk of suppression) upon landing--especially if they're heavy
I fully understand the point from an historical standpoint.
Well, no, we have enough opportunities to have losses caused by AI. It costs already too much to have units at a strength of 15, no need to risk to lose strength without intervention of AI.
This is a game not an historical simulation, at least for me fun prevails on the rest.
Otherwise you will see more and more players cheating just to be able to go to the end of a campaign...

Thx for sympathising with me about my confusion, an aircraft with wheels being a glider ???
At least I can move my Tigers anywhere, yes I know this does not seem 100% realistic but I do not really care.

I would like to see more units in the vanilla e-file, like Zwilling He 111, ski units in winter, Volksturm in 1945, ...
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I'd prefer not to see too many units. While some maps are small scale, most scenarios indicate that the units are somewhere near bataillon size. Therefore having too many prototypes and other unit types that were in reality used only in very small numbers, makes the game... I don't know... a little off balance. I'd rather see a nicely defined set of units that are well balanced and make sense on all scale levels to some degree. I'm not a big fan of throwing dozens of unit types at the player. The great thing about the GC was that it finally game me the option to use most unit types for some time. In the vanilla campaign there were so few scenarios that the stock e-file was already too large to experience them all.

So additional units... maybe for special scenarios. I could imaginge ski units maybe in a winter war scenario of the soviet campaign. but even there I'd rather see them in a Soviet Grand Campaign where that winter war actually lasts one entire DLC than just having them for one or two scenarios and after that render them mostly useless.

So I think the focus should always lie on delivering great long and diverse campaigns and add new units only if they really add flavor to several of those scenarios. Adding units just to have more available rarely serves a point in my opinion.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub »

Anything new about the patch for the patch?

I know, that there is only one person working on the patch, but I am impatient nevertheless... ;)

Thanks in advance! :)
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

fliegenderstaub wrote: I know, that there is only one person working on the patch, but I am impatient nevertheless... ;)
Me too...! :lol:
milliethedog
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by milliethedog »

I would love to play the full game from 39 to 45 East and west in 1.20 it will be very different ( all those entrenched units). if it means waiting a few weeks well so be it. it will be worth the wait !! :lol:
wastel
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by wastel »

Stupit question from my side as PC newbee.

Just playing the GC with 1.20. (Don't know older versions)
Whats the biggest problem with 1.20 that the patch for the patch is needed?

thx for the Info

Wastel
Last edited by wastel on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

wastel wrote:Stupit question from my seide as PC newbee.

Just playing the GC with 1.20. (Don't know older versions)
Whats the biggest problem with 1.20 that the patch for the patch is needed?

thx for the Info

Wastel
Basically the new advanced options are only working for the content from vanilla PC, AK and AC but not for any of the Great Campaigns. There is a new executable file on the forum you can use to allow the use of some of them at least but basically there is no way yet to enable the 1.20 game rules for the GC.
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

fliegenderstaub wrote:Anything new about the patch for the patch?

I know, that there is only one person working on the patch, but I am impatient nevertheless... ;)

Thanks in advance! :)
Remained unanswered, which means "no news", right? ;)

Well, I have been waiting for the patch patch longer than it has been between 1.14 and 1.20! :?:

I surely hope 1.20 will be ready for the GC soon, for I haven't played the GC for about two months...

A bit more information would be appreciated as far as I am concerned, although I know that silence is golden... :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance :)
Waffenamt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Waffenamt »

I restarted the '39 GC once 1.20 came out and I'm just getting back into 1942. I have Deducter's fantastic unit revisions mod (plus several of the other amazing mods) enabled along with the forum patch. I'm aware that this is working at the 1.14 level, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the "rebuild units" option works after my recon btn heroically diverted some soviet units during Demyansk Pocket. I'd also like to see 1.20 working with the GCs, but in the meantime it's not stopping me from playing in spite of the limitations. I guess I was just unable to hold out! :D

Cheers :D
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

just back from 2 weeks out of the office and will find out where we are with the patch. I know there are a lot of different pressures on Alex but II'll find out where we are and make sure this gets done ASAP.

Cheers

Iain
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

IainMcNeil wrote:Hi guys,

just back from 2 weeks out of the office and will find out where we are with the patch. I know there are a lot of different pressures on Alex but II'll find out where we are and make sure this gets done ASAP.

Cheers

Iain
Thanks Iain!

What more can we expect, except for the working patch, of course... :D
Kirby
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kirby »

fliegenderstaub wrote:What more can we expect, except for the working patch, of course... :D
The iPad version, obviously :D
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

IainMcNeil wrote:Hi guys,

Cheers

Iain
Hey Iain, hope you had a nice vacation (If that was the reason) :) Welcome back.

Return to “Panzer Corps”