Britcon 2013

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

alasdair2204
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Britcon 2013

Post by alasdair2204 »

spotteddog wrote:much silence from the many horsed one! can it be he's busy processing army details in the massive Harley brain computer and analysing the stats its churning out in a pre basho training exercise? or is he preparing away from it all in some mystical retreat far from a press brat pack manic for details about how he'll wrest back his "precious" from that munro imposter. john gave me a lesson in how good pistol mounted are against shot in difficult last night although his uncharacteristic forum silence following last nights club night is a fair indication of the result of our final round of britcon preparation. hunter.
Sorry been away

yes lots and lots of foot armies, come on you lot come over good side, don't underestimate Richards list I played a 900 point version of that (all mounted, well as much as possible) and did well at Godendag

Overall the widest range of armies we have ever had with a few doubles but no triplicates this year, excellent

Cheers

Alasdair
Last edited by alasdair2204 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
alasdair2204

Post by alasdair2204 »

list_lurker wrote:P'ah too many hosses

Don't think so, probably less horses than there has ever been at Britcon, I was sure Simon would come with lots of horses but also gone over to the dark side, Savoy, that's a hotel not an army, to be fair Don McHugh could have the most mounted with the exception of me, though I am not sure he'll be impressed with the amount of shot out there its going to be hide an elephant time

Cheers

Alasdair
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

Savoy, that's a hotel not an army
My first thought was cabbage.
nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by nigelemsen »

alasdair2204 wrote:
list_lurker wrote:P'ah too many hosses

Don't think so, probably less horses than there has ever been at Britcon, I was sure Simon would come with lots of horses but also gone over to the dark side, Savoy, that's a hotel not an army, to be fair Don McHugh could have the most mounted with the exception of me, though I am not sure he'll be impressed with the amount of shot out there its going to be hide an elephant time

Cheers

Alasdair
Dont worry byron is quite taken with mounted after Attack 2013... I think you might have him snapping at your hoofs before long... I've seen his list for britcon and I hope i can avoid him in the later rounds... otherwise its going to be a very long drive home on the sunday.. :)

@Alasdair: Need a lift Friday? I'm picking byron up around 9am...
Proelium: Wargaming rules for 3000B.C. - 1901A.D.
Hordes of Models and Buckets of Dice
Web: www.quickplayrules.com
Social: www.facebook.com/quickplayrules
Twitter: @quickplayrules
spotteddog
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by spotteddog »

welcome back alasdair.

its shaping up to be a corker. just hope us yokels dont embarrass ourselves or slow you savants up too much. hunter.
donm2
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by donm2 »

Alasdair,
Don McHugh could have the most mounted with the exception of me, though I am not sure he'll be impressed with the amount of shot out there its going to be hide an elephant time
It is always hide an elephant time :D :D :D :D

Looking forward to a great weekend.

Don
donm2

Post by donm2 »

Alasdair,

Having been for my first curry in ten days, should we move on to your dining delights?

Me thinks, German main course with a cheeky bottle of French red :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don
quackstheking

Post by quackstheking »

Anyone for Sushi?! Or even a Teppanyaki?

Sorted out my Japanese tactics - line em up and let 'em go!

Don
donm2

Post by donm2 »

Don,

My daughter's birthday is not till the 14th, so no sushi till then please :oops: :oops: :oops:

Don
Last edited by donm2 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by nigelemsen »

Oh to have an army completed well in advance of a comp.... Welll maybe next time.... Dastardly Dragoons done, half way there.... Back to odd battlegroup of Pike and Shot... Sharpen those pikes ready for the tidal wave of horse and screaming armoured warriors of the short variety :) ... Which means ill throw rubbish dice and they will duck under the pikes..

http://muchallsarmy.files.wordpress.com ... agoons.jpg
hood_mick
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by hood_mick »

Only half way there you best get your finger out!

There seems to be a lot of this last minute painting going on. I'm doing Dave Redheads Danish and with the other stuff I have on they wont be done until some time next week.

With all these new figures about at least we wont need as much beer. We will all be off our faces on varnish.
spotteddog

Post by spotteddog »

Well if anyone wants to save themselves the hassle I will happily sell my competition army for 150 quid after the basho. Staying in R but gonna try something different. Let me know if you're interested at the basho. First come first served! Hunter. Can't wait to see daves danes as I used these in my last britcon a couple of years ago. Dixons figures they were - beautiful castings. Hunter.
nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by nigelemsen »

hood_mick wrote:Only half way there you best get your finger out!

There seems to be a lot of this last minute painting going on. I'm doing Dave Redheads Danish and with the other stuff I have on they wont be done until some time next week.

With all these new figures about at least we wont need as much beer. We will all be off our faces on varnish.
Finger out... Huff and puff, splutter :) fess up time... Not half way there only 10/22 done.. Oops... That's alright.. I've negotiated with my lovelyb"she must be obeyed"... The kitchen table for tne weekend for a painting marathon, or maybe an ironman... All done by bedtime Sunday, leaving next week for the baggage camp...

Atleast it won't be my usual with my wife helping me to finish basing night before and figs drying off in the boot on the way up...
nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by nigelemsen »

Arrrgh Mr Boyles... Your army LOA, does that mean you will have better mounted than me :) actually might even have more than you.... But it's sooo rubbish, so no picking on my poor army with your 5+1s :) pick on byrons army instead :)
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

Well if anyone wants to save themselves the hassle I will happily sell my competition army for 150 quid after the basho
If I hadn't just painted the same army myself I would be looking to snap that up. That's a very good price, not much more than the metal.
urbanbunny1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by urbanbunny1 »

So, Nigel, guess it will be a race between you and I to be first at the pub? Hope they still have Leffe on tap, 6.7% belgium beer tends to make the head hurt a bit less.

Looking at some of the armies, I think I might have brought the wrong one to the comp.
nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by nigelemsen »

urbanbunny1 wrote:So, Nigel, guess it will be a race between you and I to be first at the pub? Hope they still have Leffe on tap, 6.7% belgium beer tends to make the head hurt a bit less.

Looking at some of the armies, I think I might have brought the wrong one to the comp.
Think you might get there first, as mine takes a bit longer to break... If i loose 25-0 each game, does that mean i get to count all 6 scores :)
nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by nigelemsen »

Now.. These silly usernames... Whose who against the r&r w :? W
quackstheking

Post by quackstheking »

hood_mick wrote: There seems to be a lot of this last minute painting going on. .
No last minute painting for me! My Samurai has been in existence (if unloved and unplayed with) since 1992 when I bought it on the B&B at Roll Call in Dunstable!! Very old fashioned Tin Soldier figures!!

I'll just have to get high on the beer.

However if I'm playing any newly painted armies I'll probably end up on the other side of the table anyway!

Don A

Screen names

Marshallney2000 = John Munro
Spotteddog = Hunter Hope
Urbanbunny = Simon LeRay Meyer
Maniakes = Dave Parrish
Alasdair = The many horsed top ranked player!!!
RichardBodleyscott = he who must be obeyed (just learn not to refer a silly query to him - you'll not do it twice!
nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by nigelemsen »

quackstheking wrote:
hood_mick wrote: There seems to be a lot of this last minute painting going on. .
No last minute painting for me! My Samurai has been in existence (if unloved and unplayed with) since 1992 when I bought it on the B&B at Roll Call in Dunstable!! Very old fashioned Tin Soldier figures!!

I'll just have to get high on the beer.

However if I'm playing any newly painted armies I'll probably end up on the other side of the table anyway!

Don A

Screen names

Marshallney2000 = John Munro
Spotteddog = Hunter Hope
Urbanbunny = Simon LeRay Meyer
Maniakes = Dave Parrish
Alasdair = The many horsed top ranked player!!!
RichardBodleyscott = he who must be obeyed (just learn not to refer a silly query to him - you'll not do it twice!
:p better get some round the table walking practice in :)

Return to “Tournaments ”