Trophies not syncing - PS3 version

Moderator: Slitherine Core

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Trophies not syncing - PS3 version

Post by VPaulus »

Don't think so. If it was with any other developer team, I could try to contact them using the "normal channels".
However this is a different case as they are in administration and only Iain knows how to contact them.
But let me contact my colleague at the office and confirm if this is the case or not.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'm afraid it's like I suspected. My colleague in the office confirmed me that only Iain can contact them.
So we'll have to wait until Iain comeback.
I do apologize for all the inconveniences.
Hayabusa85
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Hayabusa85 »

This problem has happened with a lot of games before and has been the result of Sony being slow to upload the trophy data to their servers so when you go to sync the trophy data isn't on their server and doesn't recognize what you are trying to sync. So chances are the developer probably doesn't need to be contacted anyway. Obviously when it is a problem where they need to upload trophy data to their server there is nothing their customer service can do to help and as a result are also totally clueless about the problem. So if you have a way to get on contact with somebody at Sony who would be in more of a position to speed up the process that would be helpful. And just to clarify it is both the Vita and PS3 digital releases not just PS3.
markkeeler

Post by markkeeler »

Hi all,

I am having the same problem where the PS3 digital version will not sync.
I can earn the trophies on my PS3 but they do not add to the total and I can't see them on the playstation website.

I have had no problems with the PS3 disk version or the Vita gamecard.
TangoCharlieKilo
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by TangoCharlieKilo »

I had a theory that when my trial 30 day subscription to PS+ expired that the problem might clear up. That theory is hereby disproven. The trophies still will not register. Sony still denies that it is the system and after several conversations with customer service, including one with a bitchy and altogether worthless supervisor, one question was repeated by all concerning the developers: "What the hell is "in administration" supposed to mean?!" I believe that everyone I talked to at sony and everyone at slitherine involved in this game should change their names to "Not Me" since everyone's denying fault and no one is doing anything to FIX it but mostly right now I'm blaming the developers right now since history has definitely proven one thing: the cowards that run and hide when everything falls apart are almost always the ones that caused the problem. I'm with Raven, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME UNLESS THEY FIX IT AND MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT THAT THEY HAVE DONE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

we are trying to contact the developers. I tried over 2 weeks ago before I left and have passed it to the biz dev team to try again. The last we heard they were in administration as there were unable to sell their latest title to a publisher and secure more funding due to the change in the market and collapse of retail sales. The only contact we have now is the administrator. We're still trying to get a response but unless we can locate members of the team who left the company and work out what needs to be done I'm not hopeful this is going to have a good solution and I don't know if they could fix it anyway as I don't know what access to the code they have :(

I apologize this is taking so long to resolve and that the bug is even there at all - this is exactly the kind of issue the submission process is supposed to discover and fix.

Iain
mysticfm
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mysticfm »

I was confused about the phrase "they are in administration" as well … until I searched online and determined it is a British phrase for a type of bankruptcy. So the developers are unavailable because their company went bankrupt? That doesn't bode well for support going forward. Sorry to say it, but I'm now glad I opted not to purchase this game even though I'd been considering it prior to the PS3 release.
Hayabusa85

Post by Hayabusa85 »

IainMcNeil wrote:Hi guys

we are trying to contact the developers. I tried over 2 weeks ago before I left and have passed it to the biz dev team to try again. The last we heard they were in administration as there were unable to sell their latest title to a publisher and secure more funding due to the change in the market and collapse of retail sales. The only contact we have now is the administrator. We're still trying to get a response but unless we can locate members of the team who left the company and work out what needs to be done I'm not hopeful this is going to have a good solution and I don't know if they could fix it anyway as I don't know what access to the code they have :(

I apologize this is taking so long to resolve and that the bug is even there at all - this is exactly the kind of issue the submission process is supposed to discover and fix.

Iain
Like I said in my last post if you have a way to contact somebody at Sony that is what more likely needs to happen. There is no glitch with the game itself as far as the trophies go so it really isn't anything the developers should be at fault for. This has happened to a lot of games and happens because Sony have not bothered uploading the trophy data to their servers so there is nothing for the trophies to sync to. It tends to happen with games that are not big AAA releases (No offense). Some games have taken months before Sony have addressed the issue so this isn't a unique situation sadly. The HK PSN version of FairyTale Fights is the only one I know of that never got addressed eventually though. If you use the GTAV avatars and try to sync trophies you get an error to because Sony hasn't uploaded the proper data for those either. They have not been on a very good streak with this kind of stuff lately so maybe they are focused on PS4 and can't be bothered uploading stuff to a server :P
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Ahh ok - so its a Sony issue. In that case we might be able to resolve it!
RavenXBR
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by RavenXBR »

So...
No news at all?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

we think the issue is fixed. Sony had not uploaded the trophy info for the US side. EU players were ok and it only effected the US. Can anyone who was having problems please retry and let us know.

Cheers

Iain
RavenXBR

Post by RavenXBR »

Finally...
Its working... :mrgreen:
SavageUSAF

Post by SavageUSAF »

WORKS!!! Thank you.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Great - glad it works and sorry for the inconvenience!
Hayabusa85

Post by Hayabusa85 »

The Vita version still won't sync for me and none of the trophy card sites are listing a Vita digital version like they are now for PS3 which indicates nobody has been able to and not just me. So that is still needing solved. Unless Sony are just slow getting it uploaded for Vita too and are aware of it. But since this thread only mentioned PS3 in the title not sure if you were aware the problem was for Vita too and might have only contacted them about the PS3 version. But good to know it was indeed Sony so that it could be addressed and not something the developer would have been needed for so the Vita version should be the same case of just needing uploaded. Almost there though and thanks for what you have done so far :)
TangoCharlieKilo

Post by TangoCharlieKilo »

On august 28th at 4:55pm CDT my trophies finally synced right & proper. I checked the game and, yes, that is finally doing what it should as well. That would be fine except it took forever, caused the destruction of 4 years of my game saves, hours of waiting for trophies to sync and now a complete distrust of all things Sony. I am now seriously considering getting a refund on my pre-paid PS4. For reference, I take my gaming very seriously (the first system my parents bought us was the original Atari Pong home console / the first one I bought myself was the Atari 2600. yes, I know, I'm dating myself) anyway, even with all the systems in between, never have I had to endure the outright bullsh*t that this game brought with it. Sony's fault or not, IMO this is tarnish to Slitherine's name as well as everyone else associated with it. Your only saving grace is that apparently you (or someone anyway...) listened to US and finally got something done! I thank you for your efforts (more than anyone, I thank everyone that posted!!!) but you & Sony would do well to remember this above ALL else: We are the Gamers. We expect the best. Without us YOU ARE NOTHING!!!

Battle won. FTW!!!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We found out yesterday Sony had not uploaded thr Vita Trophys for US but that is now fixed.

Return to “Tech Support”