Mac / iPad version updates

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

scarfacetarraff
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Mac / iPad version updates

Post by scarfacetarraff »

Any progress on the timeline for Commander: The Great War's release for the Mac &/or iPad versions?
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)
scarfacetarraff

Re: Mac / iPad version updates

Nothing? ::crickets::

:(
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Porting is ongoing, no date has been set yet... so not much to tell really... sorry.
scarfacetarraff

Ongoing is good. Hope the release is before summer. :)
scarfacetarraff

Checking in for updates. I waited a few weeks to ask, as not to be pushy. ;-)
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

It is ongoing, a rough estimate is we need till end of Summer, if we can do it faster we let you know. ;-)
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Another milestone, we have got Commander: The Great War now running for the first time ever on a Mac! Next step is iOS... so great progress and congratulations to our Technical Director and his team.
scarfacetarraff

lordzimoa wrote:Another milestone, we have got Commander: The Great War now running for the first time ever on a Mac! Next step is iOS... so great progress and congratulations to our Technical Director and his team.

Great news!
scarfacetarraff

Still end of summer for release? Are you holding off releasing the Mac version until the iOS version is ready?
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Hey guys! I come from the Battle Academy side of the forums and I began learning about Commader the Great War. I'm a Great War Histroy Buff and can't wait for the release on Mac and iOS! Quick question will Mac and iOS be released on the same date?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Making good progress with Commander porting to iOS, going faster than expected, so we have decided to start closed Beta for Mac and iOS at the same time, within 2 months, maybe sooner.

So people who have applied for closed CTGW Mac Beta testing, just hold your horses, Mac is basically done, but we go for parallel testing on both Mac and IPad soon.
scarfacetarraff

lordzimoa wrote:Making good progress with Commander porting to iOS, going faster than expected, so we have decided to start closed Beta for Mac and iOS at the same time, within 2 months, maybe sooner.

So people who have applied for closed CTGW Mac Beta testing, just hold your horses, Mac is basically done, but we go for parallel testing on both Mac and IPad soon.
Consider my horses held, Sir! [ For my iMac and iPad. :mrgreen: ]
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

We estimate that we need around 6 weeks more of pure code porting to finish the iPad port and 2 weeks for the Mac... plan is to go into parallel Beta pretty soon after that, depending on stability a 6 weeks of technical testing. Than we rebuild and update the Windows version and release all platforms and PC update in one go... have all out well before X-mas.

If of course we don`t run into big technical issues... and if we do, the game will be lost as I will have shot and hanged the whole Technical Division. ;-)
Suprass
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Suprass »

Is there a chance for some empruvements like in CEAW GS- I mean setting fighters to not intercept enemy's aircraft for example?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

As a picture often says more than a thousand words...
Attachments
DSC_3727.jpg
DSC_3727.jpg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 7604 times
scarfacetarraff

lordzimoa wrote:As a picture often says more than a thousand words...
I'm speechless.

Ready to roll!
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

lordzimoa wrote:As a picture often says more than a thousand words...

Man when us Beta coming? Can't wait! I wonder what that curser is doing on an iPad :D
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

There is still some technical tweaking to do guys, we need at least a few more weeks. But definitely good progress.

We also started porting to Android BTW...
fundin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by fundin »

Good news, can't wait, even though i missed the beta sign up :)

Kid is now old enough to allow me some free time to play games again :D Before Xmas please :mrgreen:
JeffC
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by JeffC »

Will the game work with IOS7 and all versions of the Ipad like the older versions like the 2 and 3?

Is Svetozar Boroević von Bojna an Austro-Hungarian leader in the game?

Return to “Commander - The Great War”