Iraqi revolt

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Iraqi revolt

Post by GogTheMild »

I have been trying to understand how the Iraqi revolt works. If someone could explain it I would be grateful.

The manual states
One Axis garrison would spawn in or adjacent to every resource and city in Iraq.
Which clearly isn't the case.

It also states
So if the Allies hold all cities then the spawned rebel units will have 1 strength only.
Which also isn't the case.

Regarding unit strength, the manual states
The size of the rebel partisans will be dependent upon the number of Axis controlled cities in Egypt, Palestine, Syria and Iraq who are Axis at the time of the rebellion. The size is: 1 + (number of Axis controlled cities in these territories) * 2
Yet I have just had the weakest rebellion I have yet seen in spite of holding all six of the relevant cities. (5 units totalling 23 steps, although in 'theory' each partisan should have had a strength of 13 :lol: .)

Please help.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
_Augustus_
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Iraqi revolt

Post by _Augustus_ »

I think the general.txt might be your friend on this.

/* Iraq rebellion */
IRAQ_REBELLION_TURN 30 /* April 3rd 1941. 0 = no rebellion */
IRAQ_AXIS_PARTISAN_SPAWN_CHANCE 5 /* Percentage chance in each empty Iraqi hex */
IRAQ_AXIS_PARTISAN_CITY_MULTIPLIER 10 /* Spawn chance multiplied by this number in empty cities or resources */
IRAQ_AXIS_PARTISAN__MAX_BASE_SIZE 4 /* Max partisan size = number + 2*Axis controlled cities in Egypt, Syria and Iraq */
/*

Seems pretty straight forward? The number of Egyptian etc. cities Axis hold doesn't effect the _number_ of the partizan units spawned only the maximum strenght of each unit.

If the Allies occupy all or most of the cities or resources the number of partizan units can be low pretty easily. Depends on the luck how you roll for all those empty 5% hexes.

Empty resource hexes would have 50% spawn rate.

As for the max size. The general.txt states the _maximum size_. Can be lower. What distribution for the roll for the size is used, I dunno.
GogTheMild

Re: Iraqi revolt

Post by GogTheMild »

That helps. Thanks. The manual was therefore as useful as ever :roll: . As I got a strength 1 and a strength 9 partisan it must be a fairly wide distribution.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”