Wishlist for future features in updates, DLC, part 2-3, etc.

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

krgu48
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Wishlist for future features in updates, DLC, part 2-3, etc.

Post by krgu48 »

Hello everyone. Firstly, this game is brilliant and it isn't about bugs or gameplay. This game has a fantastic atmosphere and a great potential to become the best game in its category. This unique atmosphere of space exploration by humans in my opinion is the most important aspect of the game . The second important aspect is educational value. Therefore, I would like to suggest some ideas that will influence on this elements (atmosphere and educational value):

* Hubble Space Telescope , HST - in such a program or mission, the player would have a chance to unlock the most beautiful images of galaxies in the universe. Of course you need to think about how it would influence the balance of the game. It also would require a lot of work, for example, to get photos, etc...
* Real emblems space missions - both the U.S. and the Soviet Union - I think that it is significantly affected by the atmosphere of the game.
* Decorations, medals for astronauts.
* The ability to see on the end of the game the entire history of created space programs. (as in BARIS)

These are just ideas. I realize that the development team now has a lot to do and more important things on their mind. However, these ideas could be used in future DLC (even in the distant future - I'll wait).
I'm really impressed with this game. I wish developers that this game has become the best game in its category - I'd like to help you achieve this goal.

Regards krgu48
(google translator is my friend, so sorry for my english)
wishmaster
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Wishlist for future features in updates, DLC, part 2-3,

Post by wishmaster »

Oh my god, don't encourage them to put features into DLCs even before the game is not finished yet :P

So far, I think the developers have done a great job. I played BARIS over and over and BASPM is almost as good as the original. However, I miss the mission "customization" options of the original game, because it felt more like really planning space missions. Since the mission steps (text/videos) are pretty reusable (and lots of them have already been implemented), I would have done it like that: select the program (capsule/probe/whatever), the destination, the mission type (flyby/orbital/whatever), maybe additional activities and parameters (EVA/docking/LM/duration/whatever). Now THIS would warrant a DLC. Oops, now I used that word myself :oops:
Deadmeat1471
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Deadmeat1471 »

I'm hoping for Mars colony stuff and Europa etc, I'd be willing to pay for it as DLC/expansion if necessary. It's really the part that BARIS didnt reach, in reaching it this game could be a true spiritual successor of BARIS and not just a well made clone.
krgu48
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by krgu48 »

wishmaster wrote:Oh my god, don't encourage them to put features into DLCs even before the game is not finished yet :P
I know, I know ;). But I can not stand to lay hands on the final version :D. This game has great potential even as early access - has magic ;)
I just wanted to offer some ideas - which a lot in my mind.
wishmaster

Post by wishmaster »

Ah, I could definitely stand it, but I can't *wait* :D

After playing BARIS again for comparison, I still think that the lack of custom mission design is the problem I felt with the game atmosphere. In BARIS, it was up to me if, say, Apollo IV would be an unmanned orbital flight or maybe a manned orbital EVA duration; it was up to me which rocket to use (the good old Atlas with boosters <3), and I had to make strategic decisions like "ok, now I'm splitting my funds and time between my Apollo and my Ranger (or was it Pioneer) program. Currently, BASPM doesn't give me the feeling that I'm actually in charge, I feel more like the Deputy Director of Administration, Paperwork and Human Resources, who has limited influence on the lab geeks and mission planners ;)

Oh, and I don't think the game is in danger of becoming a mere clone. I kind of salivated when I saw the different satellite missions in Earth orbit (and I could think of a ton more for future DLC... ah, patches, I mean patches, of course :oops: ). And thank God the developers thoroughly brainwashed the astronauts... I would have had more court-martials for desertion than spaceflights for these prima donnas from BARIS... two seasons without getting their butts into space and *zip*, they retire, and their superior has to learn about it from the newspapers :? Or, better, "oh sir, I would absolutely love to go on that incredibly awesome lunar mission and get my name into the history books. But, regrettably, you assigned me to flight crew 2, and I so totally hate the command pilot, so I will retire instead" :roll:
bz249

Post by bz249 »

wishmaster wrote:After playing BARIS again for comparison, I still think that the lack of custom mission design is the problem I felt with the game atmosphere. In BARIS, it was up to me if, say, Apollo IV would be an unmanned orbital flight or maybe a manned orbital EVA duration; it was up to me which rocket to use (the good old Atlas with boosters <3), and I had to make strategic decisions like "ok, now I'm splitting my funds and time between my Apollo and my Ranger (or was it Pioneer) program.
Yep... for me mission customization would be an absolute must for me, it is a strategy game afterall so I would like to determine strategy. Some examples of what I think
- human rating for a given rocket... which one it should be
- determining the launcher fleet (have a full spectrum of light, medium and heavy lifters; go the Ariane V way have one heavy lifter but with a benefit of a dual launch option; have a rocket with different options and increase the complexity of the stuff with a reliability issue; big dumb booster only research once, but costly to launch microsats with that... etc)
- rocket upper stages: the Agena and Centaur stage is already there why not use it as an independent stuff which can be put atop of different rockets too (after paying some integration costs)
- satellite programs should have an effect... is it worth launching insects into orbit? what will happen if I just skip it and risk going to the frog
N_Molson
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by N_Molson »

- rocket upper stages: the Agena and Centaur stage is already there why not use it as an independent stuff which can be put atop of different rockets too (after paying some integration costs)
I think this is really doable an applies to a lot of hardware, a good example would be the R-7 (which most early "8K71PS" version is featured in the game) evolution :

- R-7 + Sputnik *no upper stage
- R-7 + Upper stage Luna 8K72-2 + Luna E3 probe *special upper stage because it had to restart in vacuum for the TLI.
- R-7 + Upper Stage 8K72K-1 + Vostok capsule
- R-7 + Upper Stage 11A57-1 + Voskhod capsule
- R-7 + Upper Stage 11A511-1+ Soyuz 7K-OK capsule
etc...

The first stage underwent little modifications, as the second stage got serious performance improvements. So you would keep the R&D work for the first stage, and have to research the upper (which should be a bit easier than first stages). Here you can find dozens of missions ideas for this launcher only : http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/soyuz.htm
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor
Italianfan88
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Italianfan88 »

N_Molson wrote:
I think this is really doable an applies to a lot of hardware, a good example would be the R-7 (which most early "8K71PS" version is featured in the game) evolution :

- R-7 + Upper stage Luna 8K72-2 + Luna E3 probe *special upper stage because it had to restart in vacuum for the TLI.
etc...

The first stage underwent little modifications, as the second stage got serious performance improvements. So you would keep the R&D work for the first stage, and have to research the upper (which should be a bit easier than first stages). Here you can find dozens of missions ideas for this launcher only : http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/soyuz.htm
I agree.
And would it be possible, without extensive rework, to use the R-7 for the Luna 2 mission? It's not a big deal, but it's kind of weird seeing it being launched in a Thor-Able booster. :?
stile86
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by stile86 »

Italianfan88 wrote:
N_Molson wrote:

etc...

Good point and good example.
It also makes me wonder about manned capsule programs in the future. Will there be a Vostok Voskhod Soyuz program if we have the Mercury Gemini Apollo available? It would be fun but would it have a reasoon for being? Would it be different enough to the American stream to be a worthwhile alternative? It certainly was different in its capabilities. (BARIS designer noted that the Russian program was fudged to match the American program more closely.)
I imagine that the capsule issue is a little down the track, but the booster issue is with us now and would make quite a difference to how you play.

I agree.
And would it be possible, without extensive rework, to use the R-7 for the Luna 2 mission? It's not a big deal, but it's kind of weird seeing it being launched in a Thor-Able booster. :?
NASAIsAwesome
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NASAIsAwesome »

Well, it would be nice for a "Multi-Game-Episode Pack", which would combine all three episodes into one gigantic monster with a price range of around $60. This would allow one to transfer their saves over and over, and technically, not start over from scratch everytime a new episode is made.
I would also like to see R&D for permanent spacestations and outposts (Should this Multi-Pack be made), along with an "enemy" for the game once it enters campagian mode (Which I'll call the Coalition Alliance Agency, or the CAA) that will compete alongside you toward the moon, and later bear some of the costs of R&D and spacecraft as it begins to cooperate with you on certain projects (Such as Mars Misions, lunar colonies, .etc), along with other agencies pop up as time goes by, which either cooperate with you-or compete with you.

One good DLC would be the idea of an "Interstellar Pack", which...you guessed it, allowed you to send probes to nearby star systems utilizing experimental propulsion systems, and later, manned vessels. :D
HTower
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by HTower »

NASAIsAwesome wrote:Well, it would be nice for a "Multi-Game-Episode Pack", which would combine all three episodes into one gigantic monster with a price range of around $60. This would allow one to transfer their saves over and over, and technically, not start over from scratch everytime a new episode is made.
I'm hoping this is already going to be built in. I'm hoping for the expansion pack route rather than 3 standalone games.
I would also like to see R&D for permanent spacestations and outposts
Pretty sure we'll see the ISS and near future projects in the third release
One good DLC would be the idea of an "Interstellar Pack", which...you guessed it, allowed you to send probes to nearby star systems utilizing experimental propulsion systems, and later, manned vessels. :D
I'm not sure the game developers are going to take off into the science fiction realm, but depending on how much of the game is opened for modding, you might be able to create your own missions!
Arron69

Post by Arron69 »

I to would like to see more control of missions, what rocket to use etc.

Andi.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

NASAIsAwesome wrote:Well, it would be nice for a "Multi-Game-Episode Pack", which would combine all three episodes into one gigantic monster with a price range of around $60. This would allow one to transfer their saves over and over, and technically, not start over from scratch everytime a new episode is made.
Notice that parts 2 and 3 are add-ons for the game, so effectively all programs included in those parts get added to the game and can be used in conjunction with the programs you already have.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Arron69 wrote:I to would like to see more control of missions, what rocket to use etc.

Andi.
This one has been requested by many players. We're trying to come up with a nice solution in order to mix-and-match rockets.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Arron69

Post by Arron69 »

Nacho84 wrote:
Arron69 wrote:I to would like to see more control of missions, what rocket to use etc.

Andi.
This one has been requested by many players. We're trying to come up with a nice solution in order to mix-and-match rockets.

Cheers,
Thx a lot.

Andi.
krgu48
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by krgu48 »

Hi :)

As I wrote earlier it would be nice to see the real emblems of the programs :) I prepared some ideas. Take a look :)

Hypothetical screen of Programs Menage.
emblem.jpg
emblem.jpg (144.57 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
Hypothetical screen of Mercury Missions.
emblem2.jpg
emblem2.jpg (186.4 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
Hypothetical screen of Gemini Missions.
emblem3.jpg
emblem3.jpg (177.03 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
NASAIsAwesome
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NASAIsAwesome »

krgu48 wrote:Hi :)

As I wrote earlier it would be nice to see the real emblems of the programs :) I prepared some ideas. Take a look :)

Hypothetical screen of Programs Menage.
emblem.jpg
Hypothetical screen of Mercury Missions.
emblem2.jpg
Hypothetical screen of Gemini Missions.
emblem3.jpg
Nice!
I think they should make it into the game sometime. Along with the Manned Orbiting Labatory in Epi.2, with the Gemini program.
krgu48
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by krgu48 »

NASAIsAwesome wrote:I think they should make it into the game sometime. Along with the Manned Orbiting Labatory in Epi.2, with the Gemini program.
:) Agree - emblems are nice to look - especially if they would be combined with the emblems of the soviet missions (keep my fingers crossed for them).
I think that it would be nice to add emblems to each manned missions (aka Gemini Docking Mission will be have the emblem of the Gemini 8 - of course, without the names of the astronauts)
redcoat22

Post by redcoat22 »

I really hope the game ultimately allows a separate Russian or US campaign. Those two programs are interesting and unique in equal measure and deserve to be explored separately.

.... and yes, I was an avid BARIS fan in the 90's
krgu48
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by krgu48 »

Several requests for episode 2 - I know that developers are now very busy, but this is just a suggestion. It would be nice if the Voyager 2 missions will be pleaced. To animation can be used one of the most beautiful picture of the cosmos (Out of Neptune):

Image from Wikipedia
Voyager_2_Neptune_and_Triton.jpg
Voyager_2_Neptune_and_Triton.jpg (26.92 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
Voyager mission that could end in getting to Neptune, but in the information window, at the beginning of the turn, could appear same news like, for example, Voyager left the solar system (Now this it is just the conquest of the Cosmos by people!).

It would be also nice to place the mission first Polish satellite LEM. For more information:
http://www.naukawpolsce.pap.pl/en/news/ ... ov-21.html

I know that could be done like mod, but I do not know if I could manage to do the appropriate animations :P It's just a suggestion (Wishlist), but can developers make use of it - in the distant future when they realize episode 2 of course ;) I realize that it could be so infinitely many missions place - which is not feasible - but I was the first that offered something like this :P
Last edited by krgu48 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”