New 28mm hard plastic EIR

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

Quirkworthy
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

New 28mm hard plastic EIR

Post by Quirkworthy »

New company Warlord Games has some lovely looking models on the way:

http://www.warlordgames.co.uk/
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

Yes I noticed that too. It looks rather interesting
Fenton
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Fenton »

They look good just a pity they want to bring out yet another set of Romans, I understand why they are doing it, but it would be nice if they had started with something else, not sure what mind you though I'm sure everyone would have their favourites
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

To be honest probably the best period to produce from an 'ancients' player perspective would late medieval. If you have multipart 28mm late medievals yo can make no end of armies with them. Legionaries in lorica with rectangular Scuta .... just one :(
Fenton
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Fenton »

With John Stallard being involved I am surprised it wasnt ECW or Zulu Wars
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

Fenton wrote:With John Stallard being involved I am surprised it wasnt ECW or Zulu Wars
Now ECW or 30YW would have made me think long and hard.

Not so sure about Zulu's though
Quirkworthy

Post by Quirkworthy »

Personally I'm very cheered to see these EIR in plastic. The Iceni revolt is such an iconic theme that it seems a natural and a strong theme even non-gamers can really understand. ECW may have some wider appeal, but not like Boudicca. And one assumes they'll need this first release to make money :D

I can see this period plastic soldiers selling to a wider audience than just gamers, which will be good for us cos it'll fund the next lot of 28mm plastics. Yay!

Never met a gamer (me included) who, when confronted with a cool range, couldn't think of another thing the company/sculptor should be doing :D
magedoc
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by magedoc »

I would love to see a Boudicca figure in 28mm (especially one riding a chariot). A plastic line of Ancient Brits, Germans or other warband armies would be great in plastic as the cost of doing them in 28mm metal gets very pricey.

Return to “Modelling”