First impressions... websites?

PC : Conflict of Heroes - a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

RickR
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

First impressions... websites?

Post by RickR » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:50 am

My first day spent with this game. I played ASL boardgame years ago and the computer game of Close Combat and this appears to be compose of both. All-in-all I am sort of pleased... I feel like something is missing. I think it is the lack of a real compaign, you know, linked Scenarios. For example, the Battle of Arnherm would be a great campaign for this game. I am now crusing the web collecting modders scenarios and info but see very little. But, when I purchased it, I thought I would be fighting a campaign on the one of the Eastern Fronts (North, Center or South) instead of separate scenarios. I mean, it's not bad, scenarios are great but it leaves you feeling like something is missing, like forgetting mustard on a sandwich. Assign me a Squad, Platoon, or Company (advancing in rank and unit responsibilty as I gain ground and experience) and take me from Poland to Moscow...or in reverse.

I think that is the only thing that is bugging me besides not having near enough arty, air strike/recon. I've played about 6 scenarios today and not one drop of arty for me - except what was falling on my head that the Soviets sent me.

It's certainly got promise as I certainly got lost in it for the entire day! I don't see much on the web for it; however, I did find one called PAVLOV's house and a few others that sound good that I am loading now. Are there other web sites that the modders are using?

Rick

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: First impressions... websites?

Post by Cataphract88 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi,
There are quite a few more user-made scenarios for this over on the Matrix website. :)
Richard

Return to “Conflict of Heroes”