Southampton 2014

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

alasdair2204
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Southampton 2014

Post by alasdair2204 »

Date is now available

SUNDAY 21st September, please could someone put this in the announcements section

Cheers

Alasdair

]Any player may use any of the lists below with the exception that anybody ranked in the top 20 FOG R rankings may not take a Swiss army or use any integral Swiss.

Southampton 2014
1400-1558

b]Army Lists From Trade and Treachery
Maximillian Imperial, German States, Italian Wars French, Trastamara Spanish, Italian States, Italian Wars Venetian, Early Henrican English, Scottish, Border Reivers, Irish, Anglo Irish, Swiss, Caroline Imperialist, Later Henrican English

[/color]
Army lists from Storm Of Arrows (with amendments listed below)
HYW English (Continental), HYW English (Britain), War of the Roses English, Medieval Welsh, Later Medieval Scots (Britain), Later Medieval Scots (Continental), Later Scots Isles and Highlands, Later Anglo-Irish, Medieval Irish, Medieval French, Ordonnance French, Free Company, Later Low Countries, Medieval Burgundian, Ordannance Burgundian, Swiss (see note above), Later Medieval German, Condotta Italian, Medieval Crown of Aragon, Medieval Portugese, Medieval Castilian, Santa Hermandad Neeva Castillian, Later Granadine

Armies dated prior to the commencement of the FOGR lists must be legal under the FOGAM lists, with the following changes to make them fit the FOGR rules:

1) Points cost: All points costs are as per the FOGR rules. To facilitate the correct application of these points values, please could all armies (if possible) be submitted using Paul Freeman’s excellent spreadsheet, the latest version of which can be found on http://www.badwargamers.org.uk/ (follow the downloads link).
2) Capabilities: Lancers capability counts as Heavy Lancers if the troops are Knights, Light Lancers otherwise. Mounted Light Spear capability counts as Light Lancers. Skilled Swordsmen capability counts as Swordsmen. Offensive and Defensive Spearmen capability count as Spearmen. Longbows count as Bows. Firearms count as Bombs if the troops are using bombs (e.g. Naffatun), Arquebus if the troops are foot using handguns, Carbine if they are mounted using handgun.
3) Troop types: Knights count as Gendarmes. Where guidance is needed, consult any later equivalent army in the FOGR lists and assume the same classification applies.
4) Armour: All European Protected Heavy (or Determined) Foot can be fielded as Unarmoured or Armoured. Up to a total of 2 battle groups of the Protected Medium Foot battle groups in a European army can be fielded as Armoured, the rest must be Unarmoured. Non-European Protected foot, and all Protected mounted, must be fielded as Unarmoured. The Umpire’s decision will be final as to what constitutes European. Heavily Armoured Knights are treated as Fully Armoured, whether mounted or (where permitted) dismounted. Heavily Armoured Cataphracts are treated as Heavily Armoured. Heavily Armoured foot are treated as Heavily Armoured.
5) List amendments:
i. All Drilled Average Knights specified as “mercenary” (including Burgundian Ordonnance men-at-arms) gain the option to be fielded as Superior. Armies with Drilled Superior Knights gain the option to upgrade one battle group of these to Elite.
ii. All Heavy or Determined Foot battle groups including Pikemen can be up to 16 bases in size. (Provided of course that the total bases allowed by the army list permits this). Up to 2 bases in a pike unit can have heavy weapon instead of pike. (This does not contribute to any minimum of heavy weapon bases).
iii. Swiss Heavy Foot are treated as Determined Foot, and can be Unarmoured or Armoured, Superior or Elite.
Last edited by alasdair2204 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Vespasian28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Southampton 2014

Post by Vespasian28 »

Hoorah, I can field some of these guys so please count me in provisionally and I can confirm once the date is known.

That said I will use the IW French as last year under my usual procedure of playing with the same army time and time again until it wins. This can take years.

However, my aims for this tournament are:

1. Not to come last again, anything else is a result.
2.Actually get the Swiss into action without the keils routing due to artillery fire.
3. Have a good time despite coming last( which is quite likely to be honest)

There are a few more IW and Late Medieval armies at the club now compared to last year so I should get more practice in.
alasdair2204

Post by alasdair2204 »

Date added above

please could someone put this in announcement section

cheers

Alasdair
khspedding
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by khspedding »

Alasdair

Put me down please.

Keith
madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by madaxeman »

Count me n..
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
happy_hyme
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by happy_hyme »

Please reserve a place for me.

Regards Brian.
Vespasian28

Post by Vespasian28 »

Diary all clear so please count me in.
viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

A place for me as well.

Bob
quackstheking
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by quackstheking »

I'm 'Enery the eighth I am, 'Enery the eighth I am, I am!!

I've checked with the wives (5 didn't respond) and it's a "yes" - so put me down for a place!

Damn - I might have given a clue as to my army choice and now EVERYONE will be working on strategies to lay our 'Enery low!!!!!! :roll:

Don VIIIth
quackstheking

Post by quackstheking »

khspedding wrote:Alasdair

Put me down please.

Keith
Alasdair's the umpire - not a vet! :lol:

Don
khspedding

Post by khspedding »

I thought he was with the number of horses in his armies...
martinvantol
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by martinvantol »

I'd like to enter too, please.

Martin
alasdair2204

Post by alasdair2204 »

Was at the Southampton Club last night

so far upto 18 players, 6 from the Southampton Club plus , Keith, Paul Marsh, Tim, Brian, Bob, Ben, Don Avis , Martin, Dave Allen, Jerry Bray, Tom Elsworth, Paddy BRay

looking good, now for some interesting lists (anyone want to borrow an Irish army

cheers

Alasdair
Last edited by alasdair2204 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
daveallen
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by daveallen »

Count me in please Alasdair.

Dave Allen
Zanoni
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zanoni »

I'd like to enter too thanks.

Geoff Punshon
gibby
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by gibby »

Can I have one of the spaces too.
Thanks
Jim.
steads
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by steads »

Please may I have a place as well
Stephen
alasdair2204

Post by alasdair2204 »

Upto 21 players, 6 from the Southampton Club plus , Keith, Paul Marsh, Tim, Brian, Bob, Ben, Don Avis , Martin, Dave Allen, Jerry Bray, Tom Elsworth, Paddy BRay, Geoff, Jim, Stephen

looking good, now for some interesting lists (anyone want to borrow an Irish army

cheers

Alasdair
alasdair2204

Post by alasdair2204 »

Sorry 22 did not include myself

Alasdair
alasdair2204

Post by alasdair2204 »

Full 24 players, 6 from the Southampton Club plus , Keith, Paul Marsh, Tim, Brian, Bob, Ben, Don Avis , Martin, Dave Allen, Jerry Bray, Tom Elsworth, Paddy BRay, Geoff, Jim, Stephen, Andy Scott, Vespian

looking good, now for some interesting lists (anyone want to borrow an Irish army)

I''ll take reserves, and we'll see if we can get more tables in

Sorry don't know everybodies Slitherine names, Vespian who are you

cheers

Alasdair

Return to “Tournaments ”