Steam Achievements

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Steam Achievements

Post by Delta66 »

^ seems that's the solution. We can argue if this is then a "bug" or "working as intendend", but then it is a rather odd achievement with a very misleading description.
It seems everyone read it rather as "never buy artillery or fighters" and not as "never buy artillery or fighters AFTER deployment".
Agreed, there is very little challenge in NOT buying artillery or airplane DURING a scenario, while playing a campaign game. Maybe when playing a single scenario, say Bagration for example, you have strong reasons to buy artillery or airplane during the scenario to make up for the high casualty rate, but not for campaigns.

I would sugggest to either change the trigger to include not buiyng thos units even duing setup. I'm not sure if the individual year of GC count as one campaign each for the achievements. But you can easily buy additional artillerys and airplanes during GC 39 for example, to get them ready for GC40.

Or at least clarify the achievements wording, as it is so unusual, hence prone to misunderstanding.
Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc »

I just remembered, I also completed the default Panzer Corps campaign, albeit as a loss, didn't make it to America.

I am not sure but I think I did not buy a plane after deployment there either, but didn't get an achievement. It seems most people got the achievements in question in the GC39/Poland campaign.
Longasc

Post by Longasc »

Another bug:

Completed GC 1940 on Field Marshal.

Got:
- Field Marshal Campaign achievement
- But NOT "Fall of France" for finishing DLC 1940.

Also, I already played GC 39 on Field Marshal, but didn't get the FM achievement for doing so.
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Same for me for GC 39 on first try, somehow restarting the GC 39 (on Manstein) I got the achievement after my second play trough GC 39.
I still have a couple of scenarios to play before finishing GC40...
okiemcguire
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by okiemcguire »

How do you clear all achievements so that I can start over? I did not get the Poland achievement. I was in the middle of 40 before I realized it.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

As far i know you can't reset your achievements on steam. Once you got them you have them but you can simply play the GC39 again to try to get the achievement.
Ice5643
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Ice5643 »

The steam achievements appear to be completely broken. Ive gotten achievements for capturing flags and heroes, but not for neutralizing a flag, experience or finishing the 44 west campaign (interestingly i got the achievement for completing a campaign on colonel difficulty.
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Finishing GC40, I correctly got the proper achievement. As well as the one for clearing minefield
UterusMaximus
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by UterusMaximus »

Hi!

I just activated PanzerCorps for Steam and finished the tutorial with my old savegame.
But the Tutorial-achievment is not unlocking on steam. Is this a SteamBug, or does this happen when i play with an old savegame?
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »

I guess to get this achievement, you actually have to start the tutorial campaign from the beginning.

BTW, strange nickname...

UterusMaximus

Post by UterusMaximus »

Thanks for the help... but that didn´t help :S
I only got "Repulsed".

It seems to be the same problem as in "chivalry - medieval warfare". I didn´t get the tutorial-achievement either :?
huertgenwald

Post by huertgenwald »

Please elaborate ... What do you mean by being repulsed ?
UterusMaximus

Post by UterusMaximus »

The Achievment is called "Repulsed"
the description sais: "Destroy an enemy unit when it is attacking you"
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry to anyone having problems. We're investigating so if you have any more information about this please let us know. We hope to have a fix in the next couple of weeks.
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

I played the allied corps campaign with custom difficulty settings (see attachment), got a DV in every scenario and didn't get the achievement "On a Roll. Win a campaign with all decisive victories. Difficulty Colonel or higher."
Attachments
pc.jpg
pc.jpg (153.16 KiB) Viewed 9563 times
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

I remember having a similar issue on my first campaign (GC39 on FM) on Steam. Then after my second play trough GC39 (on Manstein) I did get all relevant achievements. And also for the following GC 40 and GC41.
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

After beating Afrika Corps I got several achievements without meeting the corresponding requirements:
italian victory
denied air force
denied artillery
denied over-strength
denied elite replacements
denied reinforcements

Difficulty settings as posted above.
grenadier98
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by grenadier98 »

I finished the GC 39 and got all the achievements I should have gotten.

Victorious Bronze Win 10 campaign battles
Exterminator Bronze Destroy 100 enemy units
Conqueror Bronze Capture 10 flags
Conqueror Silver Capture 100 flags
Influencer Bronze Accumulate 10,000 prestige in a single campaign
Aerial Ace Bronze Destroy 10 aircraft with a single unit in a campaign
Butcher Bronze Destroy 10 infantry units with a single unit in a campaign
On a Roll Win a campaign with all decisive victories. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Strategic Bombing Neutralize an enemy city, port or airfield using a strategic bomber.
Denied Air Force Win a campaign without buying any core air units. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Denied Artillery Win a campaign without buying any core artillery units. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Denied Over-Strength Win a campaign without using over-strength. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Denied Elite Replacements Win a campaign without using elite replacements. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Denied Reinforcements Win a campaign without spending prestige mid-battle on replacements and upgrades. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Great Field Marshal Win a campaign on Field Marshal difficulty
Polished off the Polish Finish the Grand Campaign '39
Repulsed Destroy an enemy unit when it is attacking you

But as previous posters mentioned Denied Air Force, Denied Artillery , Denied Over-Strength , Denied Elite Replacements are very strange, because at least in the early campaigns there is no challenge buying nothing during a scenario - you can still buy units and overstrength units during the deployment phase. But on the other who would really consider playing without artillery...? The way Denied Reinforcements is different, I think that one makes sense.

The name for finishing the GC39 strikes me as a little offensive towards polish people, don't know if it's a lucky choice...
hash

Post by hash »

Hello,

is it possible to get the achivements in Panzer Korps (boxed or digital version from here) too?

If not, is there a patch in the future comming out to have achivements for all versions?

kind regards
hash
Warhangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Warhangel »

Italian Victory Win Afrika Corps campaign without buying any German core units. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
This means that I can use those German units that I give at the beginning of campaing and upgrade them, but I can not buy new German - only Italian?
Or even those German that start campaing must be disbanded and fight only with Italian units?
In dedicato Imperatum ultra articulo mortis...

Return to “Panzer Corps”