Wish List so far

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

doc99
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Wish List so far

Post by doc99 »

..you will not leave the bunker until it is done!!!!...............
collier4

Post by collier4 »

Can I revisit my first wish list - is it intended to put the combat factors back on the main screen? I hope so as I found that useful.

Thanks
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

collier4 wrote:Can I revisit my first wish list - is it intended to put the combat factors back on the main screen? I hope so as I found that useful.

Thanks
It is something we are looking at enabling in some way.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
collier4

Post by collier4 »

pipfromslitherine wrote:
collier4 wrote:Can I revisit my first wish list - is it intended to put the combat factors back on the main screen? I hope so as I found that useful.

Thanks
It is something we are looking at enabling in some way.

Cheers

Pip
Hi Pip.

Any update on this? I was hoping it might have been in the recent release, but it seems not.
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

Clicking on the effectiveness graph will toggle between the old style ratings and the graph.
collier4

Post by collier4 »

AndrewGardner wrote:Clicking on the effectiveness graph will toggle between the old style ratings and the graph.
I missed that change - thanks Andrew. And thanks for acting on the feedback :D
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet »

Wish the scenario general info line appear in the set-up screens (force selection, deployment, initial chat in MP that pops up before replay).
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun »

MikeK wrote:Wish the scenario general info line appear in the set-up screens (force selection, deployment, initial chat in MP that pops up before replay).
Agree. When I design MP scenarios, I try to provide announcements at the beginning if the scenario which outline specific info for the players, but simply providing the description in the areas Mike K suggests would really help the player out and aid in preventing a deployment that is inherantly flawed. The floating information only seen in the challenge room is often lost in the wash.
Last edited by Navaronegun on Thu May 01, 2014 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.
SirGarnet

Post by SirGarnet »

Navaronegun wrote:simply providing the description in the areas Mike K suggests would really help the player out and aid in preventing a deployment that is inherantly flawed.
At least in a general way. When attacking or in a meeting engagement, the commander usually has only maps and maybe some recon for a general idea of the lay of the land. On defense, of course - as I fondly recall in Steel Panthers, I could examine lines of sight, plan fields of fire, positions, fallback positions, minefields, wire, decoys, traps, and tricks - but having the ability to do that in BA would be too much of an opportunity.

A general view of the map and understanding the scenario is good.

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”