Feedback wanted: personnel management screen

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Feedback wanted: personnel management screen

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello all,

I hope you're well. Based on your feedback, we've made a redesign of the personnel management screen and we'd like to share it with you to hear your opinion.

Some key points:
* We got rid of the left panel and made everything fit under a single panel.
* Each entry now displays all the relevant information for each employee. There's no need to select each employee individually in order to, for example, visualize for his or her assignment or send it to advanced training.
* The row of "F" buttons at the top is a set of filters (e.g., sort by age, name, etc). They are placeholders, but they will be replaced by proper graphics afterwards.
* Values reaching a critical number are shown in a different colour in order to make them stand out. For example, JD's morale is quite low, so we need to do something about it, otherwise he'll leave us! :)
* Marco is undergoing advanced training in the "Space Probes" skill. He still has 3 seasons of training left.

What do you think? Do you like it? Are we missing anything?

Cheers,
Attachments
ManagePersonnel.jpg
ManagePersonnel.jpg (623.06 KiB) Viewed 6937 times
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
kokubokan25
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Re: Feedback wanted: personnel management screen

Post by kokubokan25 »

I' like it but when you say "one screen" you mean to ALL personnel? SET, CM and Astronauts?
If you answer is YES, then I don't like...I prefer one screen SET, another CM, etc..
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Thanks for the feedback fremen. It will be one screen per department, yes. The one shown above is just for SET, the other screens will be pretty much the same, just different pictures and icons.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
kokubokan25
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by kokubokan25 »

Thanks.

If the SET's ratios show in your picture will be the "normal", that would be great also! :D

Crack people there!
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

fremen wrote:Thanks.

If the SET's ratios show in your picture will be the "normal", that would be great also! :D

Crack people there!
“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

Do you want a challenge or a walk in the park? :)

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
kokubokan25
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by kokubokan25 »

Both?
:mrgreen:
KyleS
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KyleS »

That looks good, I would just have the "send to training" and "dismiss" buttons be separate and not right next to each-other. Already with the "launch" and "cancel" for missions, sometimes we'll accidentally cancel. There can be an "are you sure" dialogue of course, but that's tedious, and it's easier just to have the buttons be more separate.
N_Molson
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by N_Molson »

Looks very practical to me, nice ! 8)
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor
Sergeiev
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Sergeiev »

Good improvement.
redcoat22
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by redcoat22 »

Certainly an improvement from the current system.

Will the filters sort all the pages or just the one on screen? I suggest one of the filters be "unassigned" so we can find these guys quickly.

I am not happy to see only four staff per page... that's a lot of pages to cycle through. Truth be told I was hoping to see more staff per page not less (use to be ten I think).
nico7550
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by nico7550 »

Good :-)
knightrun
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by knightrun »

Great guys !!! Yes, Yes, and Yes, this is a real time and click saver. As you can see I'm all for it. :D
nico7550
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by nico7550 »

As there is age retirement info line, can we have the same for the moral ?

And something like change turning the age police in red in the name bar ?

Cheers
ferrinova
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by ferrinova »

Much better but may be still uncomfortable.

1. "department management" and "personel selection" shouldn't be in the same window

Now you have FOUR personel data per page, instead five. You could remove "department management" frame and hide it under seperate button.

2. You cannot decide on method of window navigation: scrolling or paging. I would like navigation by pages and "PageUp"/PageDown" shortcuts.

Have you any plans how astronaut history files will look? (analogue to BARIS museum->astronaut history).
I like to see also separate windows for all personal files
Can you implement custom filters and custom player notes in personal files?
Vivisector9999
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Vivisector9999 »

I like the new screen more than the current one, but when is it getting implemented?
nats
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by nats »

Yes I agree with the others about number of staff being able to be seen at any one time is too low. Previously I didnt actually like the fact that staff were on two pages and would have preferred to see them all on one long scrolling page within the overall static window. Now if there are even more pages that is worse. I actually preferred the old method of being able to scroll through the staff on one side and seeing their details on the side of whomever you clicked on. I think that worked well - you could scroll through the list to see who you wanted to train quickly and if you needed more info it was there when you clicked.

I think there needs to be a way of seeing the important staff stats in a long list for all the staff employed in one go - no pages - perhaps only two lines per staff member plus a small photo with the things you need to see at a glance like morale, training stats, small pic of the project employed on etc. Then have a side panel with more info, larger pics etc.

I guess you have to ask yourself what do you need to do when you go to this screen and then allow people to do that quickly for all the staff. Most people who go to these pages want to either train (checking stats), hire/fire, and reassign projects - so I think the info for those things should be immediately visible for all these staff in one go. I want to be able to come to this screen, assign a load of staff to train in a few seconds and leave again. You dont want to be looking through loads of pages.

Thats my view anyway.
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello all,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take another look at it before I start working on these changes. The plan is to implement PBEM support first (we're making quite a bunch of progress on this area!), then the single players campaigns and then allocate time to polish the UI.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
nico7550
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by nico7550 »

I tweak your picture with my image editor, searching a way to display more people on screen.

Buttons that lead to dedicated screens for dismiss people and for training people (mass training can be included...) are at bottom.
Project name and safety level could be added to the picture
Age retirement alert in red in the age.
MANAG_SC.jpg
MANAG_SC.jpg (228.8 KiB) Viewed 6647 times
Kalesin
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Kalesin »

It would be interesting to see in staff resume, have chronological information about his career, in which missions have been involved in the case of astronauts; that have occupied by mission controllers, etc ...
Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ponepilos »

hi all

hmm nice screen from nacho it´s ok but the screen from nico is to much i think and the "f" button´s are nice but why? the age of a employer stands above his picture thats enough i don´t need a screen or a grafic where you can see his history or something. if someone want´s to now those things he looks one time or 2 time´s than never again. it´s a waste of time and money to implant all this. something like this is a good idea for a patch in the future when the game is in the shop if you want to make it.

sry for that but that my opinion

great

ponepilos

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”