Patching

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Vagabond820
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Patching

Post by Vagabond820 »

Ok, I have tried multiple things now but I keep having the same issue:

When I use the in game updater, it will unpack the DL and install the files. However, every time it gets to a certain unity file the DL pop's up with an error. If I retry, same error. If I break and redownload, same error. All I can do is skip the file and finish the install. Lord knows what issues that is causing.

When I try and download the patch manually (from forum posts, patch links, and the downloads tab for the game on Matrix), it goes ok until I try to unpack the file. EVERY TIME, I get a corrupted file warning and the unzip stops. EVERY patch. I have tried the last 4 patches when they were released. Every last one gives me a corruption warning. I have even tried redownloading each patch file multiple times. All corrupt.

I am using a Win7 64bit OS, downloading via Firefox 31.0 (though earlier DLs may have been other versions), and unzipping using WinRAR. My WinRAR version was a few years old, but I just updated this weekend just in case.

And now your forum won't let me post the DxDiag because it says it SPAMMY and I need to remove the URL.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Patching

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Vagabond,

Welcome to the SPM forums! :) Is it possible that you have an antivirus enabled which is causing the file download to become corrupted? I also suggest you to use FileZilla instead of your regular browser in order to manually download the file from this link.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing problems and we'll find a way to sort it out.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

no go. multiple attempts with all protection software off, same result.

I dislike using 3rd party products to download my software and handle my downloads. Just to vulnerable. So I have not tried downloading the file with your suggestion.

I have not had an issue like this where my protection software has caused an issue with a website download for at least a decade. If it is, then you might want to reconsider your patching protocols.

PS. I dislike the fact that your response felt very cookie cuter, copy/paste. Made me feel alienated.
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

! C:\Users\Vagabond\Downloads\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261 (1).zip: Checksum error in BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261.exe. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Vagabond\Downloads\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261 (1).zip: The archive is corrupt
! Cannot execute "C:\Users\Vagabond\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.328\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261.exe"
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Vagabond,

I'm pointing customer support to this thread so that they can help you out, as I'm out of ideas.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Or the download file keeps getting corrupted or by some reason your winrar is not able to unzip the file.

You could try to unzip with another compress utility like 7zip just to make sure if the issue is not related with winrar.
One other thing you could try is unzipping the file in Windows Safe Mode. Maybe something is interfering with the file unzip process.

If it's a corrupted download, then I'm afraid I don't have more suggestions than to try, if possible, downloading the update with a different Internet connection or/and from another PC/Windows.
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

i will give these a try within a few days.
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

update: i tried downloading the patch with firefox, anti-virus on, and unzipped with 7zip. Corrupted.

I will try variations.

update 2: i tried downloading the patch with IE, anti-virus on, and download size was 281,336k. Tried to use 7zip, says not an archive. Winrar says it damaged.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello vagabond,

Try disabling the antivirus temporarily while doing the download, maybe that's what's interfering with your download?

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

Nacho84 wrote:Hello vagabond,

Try disabling the antivirus temporarily while doing the download, maybe that's what's interfering with your download?

Cheers,
i will try it at some point, BUT as I have stated previously... i am very uncomfortable with doing so.

I should not have to reduce/remove my computer's protections in order to download a file.
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

Finally got time to test this all.

! C:\Users\Vagabond\Downloads\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261 (1).zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\Vagabond\Downloads\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261 (1)\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261.exe. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Vagabond\Downloads\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261 (1).zip: The archive is corrupt

Tried it with ALL of my protections disabled. On both IE and Firefox with Winrar and 7zip. While doing nothing online, and running a low end program.

It appears to be broken.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Vagabond,

Sorry to hear it didn't work. In any case, the patch available via the auto-updater tool is not the latest one, please see this thread. Hopefully you should be able to download the patch from the FTP and install it without problems.

Let us know if you're having issues.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
jack44465
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jack44465 »

Vagabond820 wrote:Finally got time to test this all.

! C:\Users\Vagabond\Downloads\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261 (1).zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\Vagabond\Downloads\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261 (1)\BASPM-UpdateComp-v07261.exe. The file is corrupt

Tried it with ALL of my protections disabled. On both IE and Firefox with Winrar and 7zip. While doing nothing online, and running a low end program.

It appears to be broken.
firezilla is good to use.. its prtection standards are good and it downloads the file at amazingly fast speeds..it might fix your problem because i had the same issue then i tried firezilla and it worked..
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

jack44465 wrote:
Vagabond820 wrote:Finally got time to test this all.

It appears to be broken.
firezilla is good to use.. its prtection standards are good and it downloads the file at amazingly fast speeds..it might fix your problem because i had the same issue then i tried firezilla and it worked..
i will try the ftp first, but i may try it after if it fails.

My issue here though is this: I should not have to cripple my machines protections or utilize file management software just to download a patch that has been posted on a webpage. This is not the 1990s. We should not be having these issues when downloading items from the official webpage using your browsers default download options.
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

wow. seriously, what the hell is wrong between my computer and your servers.

I downloaded patch 0.8.5 and ran the exe.

Output:
D:\Slitherine\Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager\SPM-Windows_Data\resources.assests

An error occurred while trying to copy a file:
The source file is corrupted.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

This is seriously starting to go from frustrating to annoyingly hilarious. I have had some type of issue with this software since the moment I tried to install the first setup file I obtained. It is seriously impacting my opinion on whether or not to purchase any of your other products. I should not have to go through this many steps to get a successful install. It does not appear to be a widespread issue (yet... could be after launch) so I will allow that it is some type of setting on my side, but seriously, i have not had this much of an issue since the 90s.
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

tried 0.8.4: same error with resources.assests
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

tried using Firezilla:

0.8.5 output:

D:\Slitherine\Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager\SPM-Windows_Data\AssetBundles\SpaceComplex-Soviet.unity3d

An error occurred while trying to copy a file:
The source file is corrupted.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Vagabond,

Not sure what's going on really. From my experience monitoring the forums of SPM, this is the first time we encounter such a problem. Sometimes certain users experience temporary failures when trying to update using the game's launcher, but that gets sorted out after retrying. We never had problems with someone attempting to download a manual patch from the FTP. Some solutions I can think of:

1) See if you can download the patch from another computer. You can store it in a USB drive and then install it on your computer.
2) Wait until the end of the month until the game gets released on Steam. You can redeem your Steam key for free, add the game to your library and download it from Valve's servers.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Kalesin
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Kalesin »

Try downloading with other ftp client; recommend this: https://www.smartftp.com/

Make sure before installing the patch download, have antivirus, firewall and other security systems disabled, have enough hard disk space, and run the upgrade with administrator privileges.
Vagabond820

Post by Vagabond820 »

it is either luck or my computer.

Finally got access to another machine, dled patch, and ran exe. Installed fine.

So its either something with my machine or i just got lucky.

Do you want anything in order to try and identify what it may be in case you encounter this issue again?

Thank you.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”