NOT HAPPY! Steam selling BASPM < $20 1 DAY after release!

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Drewpan
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

NOT HAPPY! Steam selling BASPM < $20 1 DAY after release!

Post by Drewpan »

Hi Guys,

Feeling a bit stiffed right now after paying $100 for Apollo tier BASPM and then finding out that
Steam are not only selling the game that I worked hard to get right for release for less than 1/3
of what I paid for it, but they are also selling it at less than $20 on special ONE DAY after release!

That is a bit insulting Slitherine. I am NOT happy!

I posted many bugs and suggestions Alpha testing and paid you for the privilege and get slapped in the face.

This was the first time I have been involved in this kind of Software development model and I am seriously
thinking of never doing it again right now.

Andrew (Drewpan) :(
nats
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: NOT HAPPY! Steam selling BASPM < $20 1 DAY after release

Post by nats »

I dont think its any of our business what they do with their products. You paid for early access and to help mould the game you wanted to play. You got what you paid for. What they do on release to gain sales is up to them.
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Nats

I'm sorry you are unhappy. We were selling the digital version of the game for $20 from the start so this is the same price normal users paid back in the EAP, so that Steam early adopters could get the same discounted price as EAP players did. You could have taken this option back then too but decided to go for the Apollo tier. I'm confused why it upsets you now and it didn't then, and if it did, why not go for the digital version back then.

The higher price was people who wanted to get involved and have their photo in the game as a character. You'll also receive a boxed copy and printed colour manual.

I hope this helps explain things.
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Sorry to hear that. Well, you chose the most expensive luxury option with a paper manual, your face in the game etc and taht's why the extra cost.

Had you bought the regular alpha version (as I did), the cost would be the same as purchasing the steam game post-release. I think you are overreacting a bit. Though I too expected the post-release version to be at first somewhat more expensive than the pre-release alpha build purchase. Overall I'm a bit surprised, but not at all mad or dissatisfied.
nats

Post by nats »

IainMcNeil wrote:Hi Nats

I'm sorry you are unhappy.
Just to clarify it wasn't me feeling unhappy lol!
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Early Access Beta Forum”