New to games

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

BradG
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

New to games

Post by BradG »

Hello everyone,

i'm sorry i'm not very familiar with playing games. I used to play Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space 20 years ago and nothing else ever since, more or less.
My question is probably very simple to answer.

I'm thinking of buying this game but I'm worried what will happen in a few months' time when I'll be changing my current computer for a new one.
Will I be able to install the game to my new computer (let's say in December) if I already installed it once before (let's say I'll buy it just now and install it on my old one)? I mean, how does the code or whatever protection work? Will I have to notify Slitherine or even have to buy a new code?

Thanks for your explanations.

Rgds,
Brad
Palarran
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: New to games

Post by Palarran »

If you buy it through Steam you will be able to install it any number of times, on any computer you have also installed the Steam program on. I'm too new of a user to post a link, Google should find it for you. :cry:

I don't have any experience with Slitherine's own digital distribution, so I can't comment on that. If you buy a physical copy, you should be able to install the game on any computer you have access to, unless there is some DRM (Digital Rights Management) software included. Again, I don't know if Slitherine does that or not.

I'd recommend using Steam--I have most of my games on it, and it is extremely convenient and unobtrusive.
BradG

Post by BradG »

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned, I'm a fairly inexperienced gamer who's behind time.
Steam is like a webshop? I see I need to install software on my computer.
Generally speaking, is there any difference in price if I buy software there or directly from the publisher?
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Brad,

Steam is an online digital store. If you're into PC gaming it's quite handy, because it allows you to organize all your title in a library, be able to share stuff with your friends, etc.

There's no difference in price between buying it from steam or from us. If you buy it from us, you can also choose to have a personalized physical copy delivered by paying a bit extra. Notice that buying from us allows you to redeem a Steam key for free. Updates to the game will be pushed in both stores at the same time, so you won't be missing anything if you choose one over the other.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
oddible
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by oddible »

Actually Steam has it 34% off right now.
BradG

Post by BradG »

Hi oddible

I see that Steam sells it for $29,99 (didn't see the 34% off). What's the difference between a "boxed version" and the one for $19,99?
Do i get a box with the game delivered to my doorstep in the first case, apart from being able to download it? What is that good for anyway if i can download the game?

Thanks
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

BradG wrote:Hi oddible

I see that Steam sells it for $29,99 (didn't see the 34% off). What's the difference between a "boxed version" and the one for $19,99?
Do i get a box with the game delivered to my doorstep in the first case, apart from being able to download it? What is that good for anyway if i can download the game?

Thanks
Hello Brad,

Buying the boxed version allows you to download the game immediately and, as you say, it gets a physical copy delivered to your doorstep. The decision on whether to get the physical version or not is up to you, really. The game is the same, the only difference is that you'll get the box and the manual in full-colour. Some people like having a physical copy of the manuals :)

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”