AARs and screenshots

Warhammer Open Beta

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

AARs and screenshots

Post by Tamas »

Very soon we will upload a new build for you (keep an eye on your e-mails), and will invite another batch of testers, who will be the last ones until release. Because of this, we would like to offer some insight into the game for those who did not make it to the beta group, as well as the public in general.

We have two tings in mind: After Action Reports, and a collection of screenshots.

If you feel like writing an AAR, please post it here in the beta forum. Once it is reviewed by us, it will be moved to the public section.

For screenshots, we would simply like to gather a bunch of cool ones. :) Use today's version to take them, of course, and post them in this thread. The best ones will be posted in the public forum, and may be selected to be used on the back of the game's box!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: AARs and screenshots

Post by zakblood »

sounds good to me :wink:

just need to get up to speed quick :shock:
vadersson
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by vadersson »

Tamas wrote: The best ones will be posted in the public forum, and may be selected to be used on the back of the game's box!
Ok, that is just cool. I will get the old screenshot button all warmed up.

Thanks,
Duncan
The Warhammer 40K games all need more T'au Empire units.
IronChin
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by IronChin »

i tried to lunch the game and these came up. any ideas on how to fix this?
Attachments
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (7).png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (12.16 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

Downloading now!!

:-)
Stardog765
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stardog765 »

Just got my invite tonight. Downloading now so I will get some time with it this weekend!

Thanks gentlemen!
EmperorHamHam

Post by EmperorHamHam »

Hi IronChin,

I had those same error notices pop up after I finished installing the game and tried to launch from the installer. However, when I launch the game from the desktop icon, it loads fine without the error notices. Hope that helps.
gunnbunniesrule

Post by gunnbunniesrule »

Downloading now. Had a brain fart and did not realize that the serial code was in the game email. Norton anti-virus did not like the program and it took some convincing to let me down load.
Neplokhov

Post by Neplokhov »

When I tried to launch campaign or scenario, appears an error
Bug3.png
Bug3.png (21.84 KiB) Viewed 8386 times
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

Neplokhov wrote:When I tried to launch campaign or scenario, appears an error
Bug3.png
Русские буквы в имени пользователя компьютера. Напиши Руданкорту в личное сообщение. У него есть для тебя лекарство. Можешь писать по русски, он его немного понимает.
Russian letters in the name of the computer user. Write Rudankort a private message. He has a remedy for you. Can you write in Russian, he understands it a bit. :D
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

Something topic turns to installer bugs. This is wrong.
I decided to post a screenshot. Humorous. :wink:

As 15 horses can be put in this piece of iron, I don't know. :D

This is probably a bug № 21. Therefore, it will remain there forever.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

on second thought, i think i'll refrain from an offer of a AAR from me as i see the time is coming short as the release date is soooooo close, 12 more days or there about's isn't long for me,. as i need to finish off act 2 tomorrow and then start and finish off act 3 in quick play, before i re play/test them both properly...

so in fairness to others and myself as i don't want to rush it either, i think i'll leave it for 1st or 2nd round testers etc to do, as they or later ones may do it better and may give it more justice than maybe i could do with time limits etc

one i don't use almost 70 to 80% of the units that so far are in the game either with my play style so it may look like a mostly all tank affair, as that's almost how i've been playing so far given the choice to sell what unit i have been given or selected for me at the start, once dead i don't bring them back and go mostly tanks with a mix of artillery and the odd scout unit with a few infantry ones but mostly just the one, and thats' a command one with the flag as it seems to last longer, where as others die that quickly then can;t stand long enough in a firer fight :wink:

ok i'm done for the evening, but has been 12+ odd hours so far played not tested as yet of fun :wink:
gunnbunniesrule

Post by gunnbunniesrule »

On the first scenario, it only fails with the same fail as those above when you do the all out attack instead of the look at the death marshes.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Company commander Zak Blood leads Steel legion company Alpha, a rag tag bunch of battle hardened vets, with elements of strike force Vendetta Air and anti air wing, plus 2 brigades of artillery into the defence of the bridges over a unknown river with little chance of glory, or even reinforcements or resupply, out numbered and cut off, with little to no real chance of success, with his defence all set he awaits what will surly be his and his men's under him the last days on this hell hole of a planet, and maybe forever...

with ammo and morale both in short supply, the time ticks slowly by as dawn approaches he looks from his vantage point and clearly see's a over view of the area he needs to defend in front of his units of the line, the last hope of steel company commands surviving this day and battle is too hold those bridge, with nothing to blow them with, and the Orc's only chance for crossing, it's either they try, or die or maybe even both...

with what ever coming left unknown as he has already lost four air scouts looking, he knows one thing for sure, the Orc's want to cross, and they mean to cross here...
map 1.jpg
map 1.jpg (239.56 KiB) Viewed 8323 times
map 3.jpg
map 3.jpg (243.6 KiB) Viewed 8323 times
map 2.jpg
map 2.jpg (237.26 KiB) Viewed 8323 times
Last edited by zakblood on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

last one for today, a all infantry one...
map 4.jpg
map 4.jpg (244.5 KiB) Viewed 8322 times
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Interesting use of the editor to take screenshots. :)

Though I'm uncertain if we can use them. :(
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

no worries, a screen shot to me is a shot taken in game, this you correctly see is in the editor, so in game, but no worries, a quick make up anyway, so will as i said a few posts up, now leave it to others and spent more time testing and keep off the editor for now, until a few more days, then games out any way :wink:
tacki

Post by tacki »

I had the same error messages pop up after I installed the game. I also had a CTD halfway through the first tutorial mission.

However, after playing the game for probably another 2 hours, I experienced no more crashes or errors.

I did find a few spelling and grammar mistakes in a few of the missions. I think there's something Yarrick says in mission one that is off. I also remember another mistake around mission five. I would go in and grab some screenshots but my beta key expired. *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Anyways, by the 30 minute mark I was having fun, although I feel the tutorial doesn't give you enough information on what the stats mean on the units. Most of my success on missions was from my general knowledge about the 40k tabletop game. That's probably a good thing in a way, but you may want a more in depth tutorial for those of us not acclimated to the 40k universe. By an hour, I was having fun. Becoming pretty engrossed in the stories and characters in Act 1. The plot seems to follow everything I know about Armageddon History in general so good job. I feel like this game could go to some very good places with the right TLC. As it stands, it's a good game. I didn't have more time to experience any more crashes so I'm not sure if the earlier crashes were a fluke or something that may strike later.

Still, looking forward to the release.
MxHorusxM

Post by MxHorusxM »

L'excitation était à son comble lorsque j'ai appris l'existence de ce jeu. Je rêvais enfin d'un wargame se rapprochant le plus fidèlement possible au jeu de figurines. Hélas après une installation sans problème, je dois dire que je reste relativement déçu. Il s'agit ni plus ni moins d'un wargame de plus avec un habillage W40K. Toutefois le jeu en lui même respecte les codes qui se traduit par un bon divertissement qu'on se projette mission par mission pour occuper le temps. Au niveau du gameplay, la prise en main des unités afin de les diriger restent simple en quelques coups de clics de souris.Je remarque qu'il manque des informations ergonomiques au sujet des unités que l'on veut choisir. Il y a effectivement des stats mais hélas je ne sois pas à quoi cela correspondent. Il est dommage de faire l'apprenti sorcier en utilisant au hasard des unités et un passant avec son curseur sur l'ennemi qui indique le nombre potentiel de dégâts que l'on va faire. Je pense que ça gâche le plaisir de tenter une action héroïque contre un ennemi plus fort. Alors que dans le jeu de figurine, nous pouvons voir par moment de réels éclats héroïques de la part de certaines unités, par exemple un gobelin qui extermine un terminator, impensable mais vrai. Le fait que les unités se suivent durant les différentes mission pour devenir des vétérans est vraiment une bonne idée. Encore un manque d'information à ce sujet car je n'arrive pas à situer à quel moment mes unités prennent de l'expérience et à quoi servent elles. Pour ma part je n'ai pas réussi à avoir accès au manuel du jeu, peut être un bug ou autre. Concernant les effets sonores, il n'y rien de transcendant. les bruitages sont corrects, à part quelques effets d'explosions qui m'ont rappelé les films d'action des années 80. Je trouve qu'il manque de musique épique, surtout un sujet aussi passionnant que la guerre sur armageddon. C'est dommage car déjà le côté wargame donne un sentiment assez mou du jeu et en plus il n'y a pas une musique épique pour nous transporter durant le conflit donne un certain côté nonchalant à ce jeu. L'histoire du jeu reste toutefois dans la lignée de ce contexte historique en apportant un cachet un peu plus personnel. Je n'ai pas eu le temps d'accomplir le maximum de missions autorisées pour cette beta, donc je resterai évasif sur le sujet. De même, pour le multijoueur, un contre temps de dernière minute m'a empêché d'y jouer me concentrant davantage sur le solo. Donc je ne peux pas donner d'avis à ce sujet.
Je tiens à dire malgré tout que je pense que le jeu est fait pour des fans de wargame qui souhaitent s'aventurer sur l'histoire de warhammer 40k, changeant ainsi le contexte de la seconde guerre mondiale ou les époques médiévales ou romaines, et aussi pour tout fan de W40K.
Je ne sais pas encore si j’achèterai ce jeu. Je pense que le prix de vente conditionnera mon achat.
Je tiens à remercier les développeurs pour m'avoir donné un accès à la beta afin de pouvoir le tester.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

totally agree with above says, right down to the letter, just need to Google a response :shock:

The excitement was at its height when I found out about this game. Finally, I dreamed of a wargame approximating as closely as possible to the miniatures game. Alas, after a trouble-free installation, I must say that I remain relatively disappointed. It is neither more nor less than a wargame with more dressing W40K. However, the game itself meets the codes which translates into good entertainment that is projected mission with a mission to fill the time. In terms of gameplay, the handling units to direct some shots are simple clicks souris.Je notes that lack ergonomic information about the units you want to choose. There actually has stats but unfortunately I am not what this match. It is a shame to the sorcerer's apprentice using random units and passing with his cursor over the enemy which indicates the potential amount of damage that is going to do. I think it spoils the pleasure of trying a heroic action against a stronger enemy. While in the miniature game, we can see real time by heroic outbursts from some units, such as a goblin who exterminates a terminator, unthinkable but true. The fact that the units follow during the various mission become veterans is a good idea. Still a lack of information about this because I can not locate when my units gain experience and what are they. For my part I have not been able to access the game manual, may be a bug or otherwise. About sound effects, there is nothing transcendent. sound effects are decent, with some effects of explosions that reminded me of the action movies of the 80s I find that lack of epic music, especially one as exciting as war armageddon on topic. This is unfortunate because the wargame side already gives a fairly soft feel of the game and in addition there is no epic music to carry us during the conflict gives a nonchalant side in the game. The game's story, however, remains in line with this historical context by providing a slightly more personal touch. I have not had time to do the maximum allowed for this beta missions, so I will evasive on the subject. Similarly, for multiplayer, a last minute against time prevented me to play myself focusing more on the solo. So I can not give an opinion about it.
I want to say that I still think the game is for fans who wish to venture wargame on the history of warhammer 40k, changing the context of the Second World War or the medieval and Roman times, and also for any fan of W40K.
I do not know if I will buy this game. I think the selling price will determine my purchase.
I want to thank the developers for giving me access to the beta in order to test

your welcome :wink:

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”