Bugs

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Palarran
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Bugs

Post by Palarran »

Great game. Here are a few bugs that I've found:

1. In the Gemini EOR Test Flights in Earth Orbit program, there isn't a mission to test the S-IVB Space Tug. So a player will always suffer the penalty to reliability incurred by not testing it. Also, even after successfully completing the Gemini Lander and Heat Shield Test in MEO, the reliability penalty is still in effect. My guess is that the S-IVB test was removed, but the MEO test is calling for a goal that no longer exists.

2. In all Gemini EOR and Gemini Direct Descent flights to the moon, the Commander is mislabeled Cosmonaut.

3. The Lunar Module and CM Heat Shield Test in High Earth Orbit with EVA [Type E] mission in the Project Apollo Tests (sic) Flights in Earth Orbit (you have a misspelling there) does not grant the Apollo Spacewalk goal.

4. Not a bug, but I'd love to have 1920x1200 resolution available.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Bugs

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Palarran,

Very happy to hear you like the game. I'll add these four points into our backlog, so that we can tackle them at some point.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Palarran

Post by Palarran »

Looking forward to the first round of fixes. A few more bugs:

1. In the LK-700 Earth Orbit program, there are a few errors with the roman numerals on the extended duration orbital flight mission pictures. Duration Level I is missing the roman numeral, and Levels V and VI erroneously have numerals IV and V, respectively.

2. Not too big of a deal, and this might be a design decision, but when doing Extended duration flights, a player may only accomplish two levels of Extended Duration goals. For example, if only Level I had been accomplished, and then the player skipped Levels II and III, and successfully completed a Level IV, the player would only accomplish Levels III and IV. The player would have completely missed the Level II goal.

3. More seriously, whenever I try to join a multiplayer game, it kicks me out. The error message is simply, "General Error - Please Try Again." Trying again doesn't help. :? I have the Steam version only, Windows 8.1 x64.
Palarran

Post by Palarran »

Just found another little thing:

The goals for the X-15 (Hypersonic Research at the Edge of Space, Levels I & II) are flipped. Clicking on the i button for the goals on the mission screen reveals that the altitude record mission has the speed record goal, and the speed record goal has the altitude. :oops:
Palarran

Post by Palarran »

During the Soviet Voskhod missions, Soviet music is not playing. Instead it is the American music.
Palarran

Post by Palarran »

In the micro screen for the Venera 11 (Venus Flyby and Lander) mission, step number 7 is misplaced.
Mach25

Post by Mach25 »

When launching a Mercury capsule on unmanned suborbital flight, the animation shows an Atlas-Agena. A manned suborbital Mercury flight shows the correct Atlas.
Mach25

Post by Mach25 »

Found another bug: Launched this mission with Saturn IB, animation showed a Saturn V.

Palarran

Post by Palarran »

More bugs:

1. During the launch season of a Mariner 6 mission, if you monitor from MC, step 7 (Earth-Mars transit) the catastrophic launch failure animation (i.e., the explosion) animation plays, even if the step is successful. The reliability meter changes as well, when it seems like it should stay the same from step 6--I don't know if this too is a bug. This happens no matter which launcher is used.

2. In all Gemini Direct Ascent missions' micro view, the full controller list (middle button in the upper right from the image in the post above this one) is full of XXXXs. You can't see what controllers are necessary to run the mission beforehand.

Still enjoying the game.
Palarran

Post by Palarran »

More:

1. Project Gemini, EVA and Docking Duration Level II mission: The animation in step 5 repeats step 4's animation.

2. Project Apollo Tests (sic) Flights in Earth Orbit, Uncrewed Orbital LEM Test [Type B]: The step 8 engine animation plays on the ascent engine, rather than the descent engine. It's actually hidden by the descent stage.

3. Project Apollo Tests (sic) Flights in Earth Orbit, Lunar Module Test in Low Earth Orbit with EVA [Type D]: The animations for steps 12-15 aren't lined up in time with the steps themselves as they're performed.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Palarran,

Many thanks for reporting all this. If you happen to have savefiles in order to reproduce the problem, please see if you can upload them, as it makes my life a lot easier :)

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Palarran

Post by Palarran »

OK, I'll get to that after I finish this playthrough. :) I'll probably cheat and edit the savefile to have infinite money and ace staff so I can quickly get to all of the missions.

Another mistake:

1. Project Apollo, Lunar Landing (LOR) with Surface Rover Deployment [Type J]: This mission does not give the Manned Lunar Landing nor the Lunar Samples Retrieval goals.
Palarran

Post by Palarran »

Here you go. All of the bugs, with comments.
Attachments
Buzz's Bugs.zip
(197.33 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”