E17CM Mod 1.0 RELEASED! Many new armylists and nations!

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Re: Early 17th century Modpack

Post by Sabratha »

Miletus wrote:I'm going to have to find some good reading material on the subject :D
I could suggest several very good books on early 17th century wars involving Russia, but most of them would be in Polish and a few in Russian. Western historical research is in general very sparse when it comes to XVI and XVII century east european warfare (and a lot of what is ut there is particlaly based on some worthless USSR-era soviet historians).

Lack of info on Persian history and warfare is another kettle of fish, but Ardaeshir can tell you more in that respect.

And yes- we definitlaly plan to have several versions of the Russian army, depending on the year. While the general troop types did not change in a drastic manner in this period, the political situation id. So for example:

1) The early army of tsar Shuyski opposing the Dimitriad impostors will be mostly Pomyestna Cavalry and Streltsy. No cossacks, no tatars and just a limited amount of levies. This is because its a pure "civil war" (aka "time of Troubles") central Muscovite army (and government) in essence. Its based on traditional court&noble forces, but lacks any widespread support. Don Cossacks, Severians and many outlying regions are very openly hostle twoards it, hence no troops from these areas.

2) Shuisky's 1609-1610 force will feature large amounts of western-style mercenary forces (mostly germans and some swedes) - reiters, pike&shot, dragoons.

3) 1611-1618 is going to represent the "later civil war" army - with numerous cavalry, streltsy but also numerous foot levies.

4) The 1619-1650 will represent the post civil war (and post polish war) armies of the Romanovs. From this point larger amounts of Tatars, Cossacks and again mercenary pike&shot and reiter forces will appear.

A separate side will be the "Russian Dimitriad Impostor" armies. These alongside traditional russian troops will have access to huge amounts of cossacks and polish mercenary cavalry.
Miletus
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Miletus »

Unfortunately I don't speak any Polish or Russian, so I'll have to keep an eye out for whatever English language material is available.
I'm really looking forward to the new additions that you and Ardaeshir are making to the available conflicts and armies :D
Cheers,
Miletus.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls -
just answer the door already!"
dogovich
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by dogovich »

Would it be possible to for the Muscovites to be available for Multiplayer? Tried putting the folder into the Multiplayer folder but it does seem to work. Thanks.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

dogovich wrote:Would it be possible to for the Muscovites to be available for Multiplayer? Tried putting the folder into the Multiplayer folder but it does seem to work. Thanks.
Both players would need to have it.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Ardaeshir/Sabratha I have sent you guys a PM which you may have not seen (easy to miss if you aren't looking for them).

We would like to discuss the possibility of incorporating your Russian and Dutch textures into the game.
Richard Bodley Scott

M4RT14L

Post by M4RT14L »

Very impressive work :D, thanks !!

Downloading!!!
Vadim84
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Vadim84 »

Where to download ? ^^ I got the new scenarios automatically in the game files but couldnt see the armies
And lazy to look for it also :mrgreen:
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

There is a download link in the first post for the Russians. RBS gives download instructions a few posts below. Im going to try and grab the Russians myself.
bk917
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by bk917 »

Any chance this Modpack can be made available to iPad players?
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Ok guys, new version of the mod released.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=434 ... 9499821020

This is version 0.2
Here are the main features
- Full working Dutch and Persian army lists, each with its own graphics. Persian army has some unique unit types.
- Polish armylist modified.
- The various polish army "cossack" mounted units have been merged into a single unit type - Jazda Kozacka. By the 17th century this formation as standarized. This was an eastern style chainmail lancer formation, armed with limited firearms (way lower firepower than western firearm cavalry) On the other hand, it now packs quite more of a melee punch, as it has light lances&swords combo.
- Winged Hussars now have swords melee instead of melee pistols capability.
- New high quality light horse unit - Elears (aka Lisowczycy).
- Polish "pospolite Ruszenie" (noble mounted levy) available. It is a below average sword&carbine horse unit.
- Less Haiduks available in polish armies, instead a part of the infantry force will now be "Piechota Wybraniecka". Average quality musket infantry.
- Pomyestna cavalry tweaked slightly.
- "Early Reiters" cavalry addedd to a few TYW german lists (these will have less mounter arquebusiers now, so the total amount of horse units remains the same). These are to represent pistol-armed, caracole-oriented units to be used mostly in ranged combat. Have the pistol ranged capability.

Upcoming plans for the next version include adding a Crimean Tatar armylist, Zaporozhyan Cossacks and Portugese armylists. I plan to tweak some of the german early TYW armylists as well.
bk917 wrote:Any chance this Modpack can be made available to iPad players?
I do not own the ipad version and frankly do not know what are the differences between that and the PC, so won't be bale to port it myself or test it. However, should anyone be willing to do a port of the mod to the ipad and test it there- I'd be willing to accept such a resolution.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

All that would be needed to allow it to work for iPad would be packaging it up into an LST file and corresponding CPF file to allow for downloading via the ingame system. Details here: http://www.slitherinebravo.net/GameWiki ... y_platform

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Sabratha wrote:Ok guys, new version of the mod released.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=434 ... 9499821020

This is version 0.2
Here are the main features
- Full working Dutch and Persian army lists, each with its own graphics. Persian army has some unique unit types.
- Polish armylist modified.
- The various polish army "cossack" mounted units have been merged into a single unit type - Jazda Kozacka. By the 17th century this formation as standarized. This was an eastern style chainmail lancer formation, armed with limited firearms (way lower firepower than western firearm cavalry) On the other hand, it now packs quite more of a melee punch, as it has light lances&swords combo.
- Winged Hussars now have swords melee instead of melee pistols capability.
- New high quality light horse unit - Elears (aka Lisowczycy).
- Polish "pospolite Ruszenie" (noble mounted levy) available. It is a below average sword&carbine horse unit.
- Less Haiduks available in polish armies, instead a part of the infantry force will now be "Piechota Wybraniecka". Average quality musket infantry.
- Pomyestna cavalry tweaked slightly.
- "Early Reiters" cavalry addedd to a few TYW german lists (these will have less mounter arquebusiers now, so the total amount of horse units remains the same). These are to represent pistol-armed, caracole-oriented units to be used mostly in ranged combat. Have the pistol ranged capability.

Upcoming plans for the next version include adding a Crimean Tatar armylist, Zaporozhyan Cossacks and Portugese armylists. I plan to tweak some of the german early TYW armylists as well.
bk917 wrote:Any chance this Modpack can be made available to iPad players?
I do not own the ipad version and frankly do not know what are the differences between that and the PC, so won't be bale to port it myself or test it. However, should anyone be willing to do a port of the mod to the ipad and test it there- I'd be willing to accept such a resolution.
This is great, love the Persians, thanks for the upload!
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

pipfromslitherine wrote:All that would be needed to allow it to work for iPad would be packaging it up into an LST file and corresponding CPF file to allow for downloading via the ingame system. Details here: http://www.slitherinebravo.net/GameWiki ... y_platform

Cheers

Pip
Thanks for the info, I think I'll wait with such attempts until I have more of a finished product than just 3 new countries and half a dozen armylists. Simply hate making beta uploads all the time, even though taht's how it looks at this point.
TheGrayMouser wrote: This is great, love the Persians, thanks for the upload!
Glad you like them. Please do let me know what you think about the army. Too weak cavaly? Too strong cavalry? Not enough shooting units etc?
Last edited by Sabratha on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Update coming likley early next week. Here's a preview of some of the things to come:

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Glad you like them. Please do let me know what you think about the army. Too weak cavaly? Too strong cavalry? Not enough shooting units etc?
Hard to say, have only had time to lead them vs a Polish and Russian army vs the AI

My gut tells me the cavalry is fine, however I beleive the persian infantry is too powerfull or too numerious ( ie the large amts of sword/musket medium infantry)
Possibly take way the swords, reduce the numbers available and or drop the quality a little ie raw?
Cheers!
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

TheGrayMouser wrote:
Hard to say, have only had time to lead them vs a Polish and Russian army vs the AI

My gut tells me the cavalry is fine, however I beleive the persian infantry is too powerfull or too numerious ( ie the large amts of sword/musket medium infantry)
Possibly take way the swords, reduce the numbers available and or drop the quality a little ie raw?
Cheers!
The Tofangcis are pretty much the Persian equivalents of Janissaries. Later Ottomans have up to 9 janissaries at large scale battles, Persians have 6 Tofangcis and that proportion mostly corresponds to the infatnry fielded in Persian-Ottoman battles.
I may drop them down to average quality though.
Ardaeshir
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: 17th century Mod - Persian, Russian, Dutch new armylists

Post by Ardaeshir »

New version just in time for the weekend. Dowload link in the first post of this thread (updated)

Here are the major changes:
1. Zaporozhian Cossack armylist added.
2. Crimea Tatar armylist added.
3. Russian usuprer ("Dimitriad") armylist added. This list has access to polish mercenary units, as well as cossacks but lacks Russian professional infantry.
4. English TYW armylist added. Pretty straightforward western army organized along the Dutch model.
5. Don cossack units found in russian armies tweaked (less firepower, more melee capability).
6. Russian flags given somewhat of a graphical facelift.
7. Russia now has numerous armylistsdivided by period.
8. All files will now "add" instead of "replace" vanilla files.
9. All new nation IDs moved (now using ID 80-85). New units use ID 754-779. This is done so that the mod will hopefully not clash with the upcoming offcial expansion pack.

Now we have all the major featres implemented. Irish, Scottish and Portugese armylists coming in the next patch.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Ardaeshir wrote:New version just in time for the weekend. Dowload link in the first post of this thread (updated)

3. Russian usuprer ("Dimitriad") armylist added. This list has access to polish mercenary units, as well as cossacks but lacks Russian professional infantry.
4. English TYW armylist added. Pretty straightforward western army organized along the Dutch model.
5. Don cossack units found in russian armies tweaked (less firepower, more melee capability).
9. All new nation IDs moved (now using ID 80-85). New units use ID 754-779. This is done so that the mod will hopefully not clash with the upcoming offcial expansion pack.

Now we have all the major featres implemented. Irish, Scottish and Portugese armylists coming in the next patch.
Thank you, this is great!

Couple comments

Zaporoskans; Somewhat surprised they have 0 cavalry unit!
Usurper Russian: unit ( I believe allied Hussaria?) are missing the unit name text string so the name in game displays "missing IDS string text" or something similar

The unit flags/penons are lovely, especially the Tatars
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Sabratha wrote:Update coming likley early next week. Here's a preview of some of the things to come:

Vladimir Putin?
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

TheGrayMouser wrote:
Ardaeshir wrote:New version just in time for the weekend. Dowload link in the first post of this thread (updated)

Thank you, this is great!

Couple comments

Zaporoskans; Somewhat surprised they have 0 cavalry unit!
Usurper Russian: unit ( I believe allied Hussaria?) are missing the unit name text string so the name in game displays "missing IDS string text" or something similar

The unit flags/penons are lovely, especially the Tatars
Thanks for the input, very appreciated. I'll fix the missing Hussars unit name in a minipatch today evening, or on monday at the latest.

As for Zaporozhian Cossacks - the original FoG:R tabletop has a single armyliost for all "Cossacks", which seems to have included both Don Cossacks and Zaporozhian Cossacks. IMHO this is highly confusing and not historically correct. Don and Zaporozhian Cossacks almost never worked togeather (save a few very minor small-scale naval raids on the Black Sea).

Don Cossacks were almost exclusively a cavalry army. Zaporozhian cossacks on the other hand were an almost exclusively infantry army. Zaporozhian forces did not have any separate cavalry units. Instead, mounted zaporozhian cossacks were just attached to infantry units and acted as more mobile support.

Zaporozhian infantry almost always tried to fight a defensive battle out of a fortified camp, or out of a mobile "wagon-train-fort", not unlike the bohemian hussite wagenburg of previous ages. Horsemen were used for small uni scouting on horseback, but in large battels fought dismounted.

In all sources (ukrainian and polish) it is mentions that Zaporozhian cavalry acted more as mounted infantry and would most often provide firearms combat in a dismounted manner. Thus I depicted them as dragoons rather than regular cavalry.

A famous 17th century quote mentions that "100 cossack infantry defending a wagenburg can fend off 1000 polish cavalry. However 200 polish cavalry can easily rout 2000 cossack horsemen in the field".

As for Husaria in the Russian usurper armies - False Dimitri forces used a lot of polish mercenaries and "adventurers", including Husaria regiments (choragwie). The armylist is mostly based on the army of the false Dimiri II that fought at Khodinka and later on wa sstationed around Tushino threatening Moscow. This really was a period of major civil war in Russia, with both the pro-tsar central forces and the pro-usurper forces fielding large armies. It is a conflict similar in scale to the english civil war and as such I belive it deserves its own armylists.
jomni wrote:Vladimir Putin?
Was unable to find any tatar period portraits that would even remotely fit the graphical style of the game, so used a tatar face from a XIX century painting. Was really th best I was able to do withough having someone to paint a custom portrait for the game.

Return to “Modders Corner”