Prussian Army Corps 1815

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

geoff
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Prussian Army Corps 1815

Post by geoff »

I've finally got 800 points worth of this army painted up. Problem is the list seems very restrictive.
You can have any number of mixed divisions but this is very difficult to do. The restriction that "more than half the units in each must be infantry" is a stumbling block. Now the lists have both core infantry and core cavalry. If the artillery under "core infantry" are counted as infantry for the purposes of the restriction then it is not so hard to make work. However, I don't think this is the case. Has anyone else managed to make a good list from using all mixed divisions?
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Prussian Army Corps 1815

Post by Blathergut »

Artillery does not count as infantry.

If you have one cavalry unit in a mixed division + artillery unit, then you'd have 3 infantry units (one of which is conscript). That's a fair division.

The problem comes if you want two cavalry + artillery, then you need to crank up to 4 infantry units and that's a bit unwieldy.
geoff
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by geoff »

Thanks, that's as I thought. The large divisions required make it almost impossible to do 4 divisions. No problem, just means a different flavour army to French and such. Will probably end up going with a smallish cavalry division if I want to use 4 divisions.
KendallB
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by KendallB »

I use infantry rather than mixed divisions. The addition of cavalry attachments is just as useful as a cavalry unit. The cavalry form a cavalry division which doesn't fight or supports an artillery line.
geoff
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by geoff »

Sounds like a good option KendalB, I'll look into that.
deadtorius
Field Marshal - Me 410A
Field Marshal - Me 410A

Post by deadtorius »

Well for what its worth the list is somewhat similar to the Autumn 1813-14 Prussian list. However if you do get a large division with at least 5 units you can have 2 artillery attachments, otherwise its only one. Something to think about with a large division. Don't forget at least one of those units has to be Landwehr.
richafricanus
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by richafricanus »

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to make the Prussian 1815 list a little more practical to use for v2? Possibly the fact that you will no longer need to/ be allowed to take the minimum of 8 guns will solve a lot of the problems?
KendallB

Post by KendallB »

Give it to me please! I've done one for Prussia 1813-14, just need the actual file to make it all kosher. Also done one for Wallmoden's corps.
richafricanus

Post by richafricanus »

Volunteers always welcome :) And can expect a mention in the "Contributors" section. I've emailed you the 1813 and 1815 v1 Prussian lists. Let us know what you come up with.

Return to “Army Design”