Makis Axis – Morris Allies AAR

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

makiskrassas
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by makiskrassas »

Standard settings, Makis is Axis and Morris is Allies. As an Axis player I will try to conquer Holland, Poland, Norway, Denmark in 1939. Then capture Belgium in 1-2 turns in the spring. France should fall by July 1940.
Turn 2. I capture Holland with 3 ground units (1 mech)
Turn 3. I tried to be in position to attack Denmark and Norway and finish Poland but weather had other plans… Morris brought all his Fleet in order to prevent me… for now he succeeds. The Polish make me pay for trying to capture them with less units and no air support.

Turn 4. No sea weather for invasion. The UK sub is killing my troops!!! At least I capture Poland. All my air units in Hamburg trying to damage the Allies Fleet. No fun for now for me 

Image[/img]

Turn 5. I decided to go for Norway in the winter. Brave or stupid we will see… the sub is still damaging me, only one troop deploys to Norway for now. Still fighting with Allies navy.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Makis Axis – Morris Allies AAR

Post by Morris »

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

I tried to copy & paste your image , but it seems not work . :( Is there anyone good at it ? Please give advice to help Makis to accomplish this AAR's image . Thanks in advance ! :)
davidjwest
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by davidjwest »

After uploading an image to Photobucket there's a link in the right of the screen that you need to copy and paste to use in forums, it's got [img] tags around it.
makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Thanks for the help davidjwest!

Turn 6. No sea deploy due to weather in Norway. Sevier casualties for Allies Navy and Axis units.
Turn 7. The fight for Norway continue. The Allies send a garrison. Many PP lost.
Turn 8. Repairs for Axis Air force. Railing troops to the west front.
Turn 9. A UK BB and a DD pass my Subs trap to Oslo… Getting ready for Belgium with out Luftwafe.
Turn 10. I attacked Belgium with out Luftwafe. I did not capture it. I focus on Norway. My para troop Attacked the UK fighter.

makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Turn 11. I capture Brussels and Lille, without Luftwafe. Still trying for Norway. My BB and a sub was damaged and I brought it back to Germany for repair.
Turn 12. Slow progress in Belgium. The fight for Norway continue. A UK DD sunk.
Turn 13. A Uk Mech destroyed in France. All Luftwave is in Denmark, to cover Norway. Having problems with the supply of my units landed in Norway. Many PP lost for both sides.
Turn 14. A UK BB is sunk in Norway. I reestablish my supply chain in Norway. 2 more troops landed. Totally there are 4 (1 is para). Slow progress in France, trying to focus near Paris. Still no Luftwave.
Turn 15. Nothing different. Repairs and some movement. Italy enters Axis.

makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Turn 15. Nothing different. Repairs and some movement. Italy enters Axis.
Turn 16. Getting near Paris, 4 of six hexes around have Axis units. In Lille 1 German fighter and 1 Italian Bomber for support.

Turn 17. Lost an ARM in France. Luftwafe is in France to help. UK is reinforcing Norway… and I am repairing my units.
Turn 18. Lost an ARM and a MECH in France… Catastrophe… Paris Falls, I accept the armistice.
Turn 19. I evacuated Africa successfully. No axis troops on Africa. I moved all luftwafe to Denmark to support Norway.

Turn 20. Nothing special over Norway. Hungary enters Axis.
Turn 21. Moving forces to Hungary, for the invasion of Yugo.
Turn 22. Circling Budapest, 4 of 6 hexes. Luftwafe still for Norway, killing troops.
Turn 23. Only repairs. Getting ready for Budapest.
Turn 24. Nothing special this turn. Attacking Yugo and Norway. I spotted a unit transport from Egypt near England and damaged it.
Turn 25. Tried to kill the unit transport from Egypt but failed. Still no progress in Norway and Yugo.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Turn 22 23 should be Belgrade ? :)
makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Yes.. :oops:
I like Budapest!!!!
makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Turn 26. Lost one of my BB near Denmark. Luftwafe battles with Allies Navy near Denmark. My 4 subs in the Atlantic are starting to work.
Turn 27. Yugo captured. The battle between Luftwafe and Allies Navy near Denmark continue.
Turn 28. The battle for Norway is ruthless. All Axis air and naval units are on the battle field. Almost all Allies air and naval units are present. No unit has been destroyed yet.

Turn 29. An Allies BB and DD was sunk near Denmark. The Allies navy returns in the UK for repairs. Norway Falls.
Turn 30. An Allies DD sunk near Newcastle. The Allies have in Norway 4 fighters, 1 SAC, 1 Mech, 2 INF, 1 Gar!!! OMG
makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Turn 31. This game is already very difficult for Axis. So what should I do? A 1941 Sea Lion!!! I moved most of my planes in France, gather my subs to east England and send to sea 5 units(1 mech).
Turn 32. Sea Lion Aborted… before it started. Bad idea… the Allies are still more powerful than I thoughtll!!! No units lost Axis only damaged. I sunk a UK BB.

Turn 33. Getting ready for Greece. Repairs for my air units. Killed a UK infantry in Norway.
Turn 34. Capture Bergen. Next turn I will attack Greece.
Turn 35. Started the attack to Greece. Getting ready for the air battle against England and France. Destroyed a GAR in Norway.
MilesNoctis

Post by MilesNoctis »

Definitely an unorthodox game. I don't recall reading any AARs here that featured such intensive fighting in the Norwegian theater.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

MilesNoctis wrote:Definitely an unorthodox game. I don't recall reading any AARs here that featured such intensive fighting in the Norwegian theater.
yes, I did never meet any player who consider Norway as so important ! :) But this Norway is too expensive for Axis.
makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

I always thought Norway was Important (no partisans, 3 harbors especially Bergen, only 3 GAR to guard), but this was my most difficult Norwegian campaign ever! It was expensive for both Axis and UK I must add!!! :P
makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Turn 36. Getting near Athens. Destroyed an INF in Norway and a transport in Crete and damaged an other.
Turn 37. Greece is Almost captured and Crete is secured, the Italians already landed. There will be a big naval battle North East of Ireland.

Turn 38. Athens is still standing… I send an Italian INF to capture Tripoli, it is unguarded. The Axis has now blockaded UK from its Convoys. A UK DD destroyed North of Ireland and an other damaged. The air fight over Dover continue, 5 Axis fighters against 4 UK fighters and 2 UK Carriers.

Turn 39. Athens and Tripoli captured. I am transferring 3 Axis troops to Tripoli. Norway campaign finally ended. I will evacuate my units, except 3 GAR.

Turn 40. The dogfight continue over Dover. Axis has total control over the Atlantic. Axis advance in Africa from Tripoli.

Turn 41. UK remains naval blockaded by Axis navy. Cyprus was abounded so I send an Italian GAR from Crete to capture it.
Turn 42. Nothing changed. USA entered the war.
Turn 43. Making repairs and upgrades to my Axis Navy. They will soon fight with the USA navy.
Turn 44. Just repairs and upgrades.
Turn 45. Forming my East line against the Soviets. Captured Benghazi.
makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Turn 46. Tobruk captured. A huge Allies convoy is near UK. I decided not to Attack it, just trap the near UK harbors with my subs. The air fight continue over Dover.

Turn 47. Last upgrades for East front. Heavy loses to my Luftwafe in France. Axis tried to ambush Allied convoys but only DD made contact.
Turn 48. The Soviets enter war, things are getting serious for Axis. My Barbarosa is very weak. I will try to capture Riga on the North and secure my defense behind. The naval battle around Ireland is getting difficult for me. Too many allied ships, maybe I must bring the Italians Navy to help.

Turn 49. The Allies tried to distract Axis with a small invasion in France. Axis wolf-subs continue to destroy convoys. Captured Riga and Vilna, probably won’t go further.

Turn 50. The South East front has been formed, one slight problem near Bucharest but I will try and fix it. Axis will not advance further in Russia. In France Morris did not invade as expected.
makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Turn 51. My slight problem in East Romania is developing in a big problem. The Soviets may penetrate my whole South East Front. Nothing special in the West Front. Morris continue to put his fighters on sentry mode, I on the other hand keep bombing other soft targets.

Turn 52. I closed the gap in the South East with German INF. Trying to form o dabble defense line with the Soviets. I do not have time, soon the will flutter the front. In the West my subs continue to sink convoys trying to avoid contact with Allies ships. Alexandria captured.
Turn 53. Things are not getting well with Soviets. They will soon Attack the whole front. All my reserves moved to the East except France.

Turn 54. The Soviets attacked north, but I managed to counter attack and secure my 2 unit defense line. Morris send some troop Convoys in Baltic and France.
Turn 55. Allies land in France. I decide to use all my Axis Navy to damage the Allies. Destroyed a DD, my subs are approaching. Railed my last INF and GAR reserves to France.

Turn 56. The Allies aborted their mission in France. Winter is coming and I will have a difficult time with the Soviets.
Turn 57. I made a big mistake leaving Hague unguarded. The Allies send a PARA and capture it. Captured Damascus with an Italian GAR.

Turn 58. Alexandria captured. Port said is Axis now. The Allies have 2 INF in Hague. I will try to contain them there.
Turn 59. Mud everywhere. Things stay stable. At least I have control of North Atlantic.
Turn 60. The soviets have penetrated the North edge of Axis North East front.
makiskrassas

Post by makiskrassas »

Turn 61. Things remain the same on West front and East front.
Turn 62. Minor retreats in the East Front in order to stable the defense line.
Turn 63. Slow progress in the east & no progress in the west for the Allies. I must retreat from Syria because the Soviets are coming.
Turn 64. I am retreating in the North East front. The Allies are getting ready for the invasion of France.
Turn 65. The Soviets arrived to Damascus, I have formed a defense line near Jerusalem. The Allies try to invade North West Germany, with difficulty I formed a defense line to prevent them.

Turn 66. The soviets are at Wisla river. The Allies are in East Germany, Axis is in danger. Krieg marine is going to Helgoland Bight to inflict with the Allies.
Turn 67. Retiring in both fronts.
Turn. 68 Things are getting worse.

Turn 69. The Germans are beaten hard by the Allies.
Turn 70. Defending home ground.

Turn 71. Trying to hold Allies in both fronts.
Turn 72. The end is near.
Turn 73. Hamburg is almost surrounded.
Turn 74. Hamburg falls.
Turn 75. Berlin falls.
Turn 76. Only Rome for Axis.
Turn 77. The winter makes difficult for the Allies to move.
Turn 78. Para jump in 3 empty Italian cities and Italy surrenders. GAME OVER! The Allies win with a clear victory! Congratulation to Morris for his Great Campaign!!!
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Great thanks to Mr Makis for his AAR ! :) & I am suffering as Axis in 1941 severe winter in Russia in our new pbem ! :(

Good luck to Mr Makis ! & Enjoy the game ! :D

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”