Some new icons if you want them, more to follow

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Some new icons if you want them, more to follow

Post by flakfernrohr »

Hi Guille, Yes I was "hibernating" working on the Soviet file for Akkula. It was all consuming but lots of fun, except when I ran out of units to use or modify. :lol:
He did not request all of it or even much of it, but once I got started I could not stop.
I will be sending you some stuff soon (my work files with all the add ons and clips that can be put on units), assuming you want them. And I will of course be sending the Soviet files to you after I pass the inspection by Akkula. Many of your units are in there slightly modified or changed for different appearances and distinctions for the game.
I have so many new files on my computer I am trying organize them.
Thank you for the Rammtiger. I look forward to seeing the Racher Panzer which will go nicely with the Katchen units. Of course still anticipating the other Soviet IS6 and IS10 and other units and the King Tigers!!!
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Hi flak. THANKS A MILLION FOR ALL YOUR EFFORT AND FANTASTIC JOB!.
The new units will see the battlefield in the Eastern Front soon!. Thanks comrade!
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Flak: Thanks for your, as always, very friendly words... I know I still owe you an answer to an e-mail you sent me... and an awful lot of units that are half-done. I think this week I wil finish with my pending real-life jobs... And you will be noticing that because you will see some more activity here. On the other hand, your top-quality work will always be a very welcomed addition to my collection!! :-)
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Akkula and Guille, my friends your words of encouragement, appreciation and enthusiasm are so great to hear because I respect you both so much for your abilities and your contributions to PZC. If you guys like my stuff, that is all I need to hear.
It will be an honor for me if some of the Soviet units get to be in the great Soviet Storm mod of Akkula. I know that this mod and the upcoming Soviet add on from Slitherine will be able to make use of some of these unit icons and that makes me very proud. I know that Slitherine is NOT going to use any of them, but players and modders will get some use I think.
Guille glad you like my work, I try to make it good for guys like you. Like you I am a real packrat when it comes to making files of units, details and sources of information. I really never get tired of it because I have studied this kind of history since the 1970's ( :shock: YES.....that long)
Guille I am getting the files together to send to you. I organized the detail folder a bit better today so it is easier to find things in it.
Chow..........
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
ckraiderfan1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

Flak your better looking than me Dam yooooou :D and you not 17 years old either which is a relief because I was sure every one was under twenty years old
on this web site until I saw yours and Phcas' Mug shot :D
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

Hi flak,

like to say your stuff also very tasty and good looking, especially the T-34 variants I like most. Besides the Panther variants for me the highlight!

Really funny, most of the modders dont't like EGO-Shooter games but slowly gaming PanzerKorps and be in the mid ages (like me with 48)! :D

Keep up the good work!
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Yes, it seems like turn-based games are the way to go for us, the ones from "the old guard"... :-) Heck, I really hate all those "Real-Time" games... I am 45 years old at present...

Best regards to all the "boys" around here!! 8)
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

It seems I am the youngest here with 31 years old :)
I still can manage with the RTS also :P
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I have always liked these types of games and never really did get into the first person shooter types. If it involves a tank I am interested surely, but if it is just in command of ONE tank, I lose interest sooner or later. Turned based strategy is what I enjoy. I specifically remember obsessing over winning at Moscow with Panzer General. Then there was Bagration and Kursk. And after I have won with a strategy, I like to change things up and try something different.

As for the T34 variants Asuser, stay tuned because I sent a 43mb file set to Akkula with nothing but Soviet units I had altered and "modded" if you want to call it that. There are over 160 different masks (26 with Berlin type aircraft recognition paint schemes) and I lost count of the individual units and variations I made without masks (including 18 separate platoon units with numbered units from the T26-IS7) so that maximum play could be implemented on the Soviet landscape and a player would not have to wonder "which unit that was on the map". There is a file of skins and thumbnails of 43 Soviet color schemes (Mine and Guille's) for DCS. I used Soviet units from all you guys on the forum so I hope you don't mind.

I did them for Akkula and his mod, hoping that they are good enough to be put into play. So I am giving him time to look them over and out of respect for him before I start to put them on the forum (assuming he likes them). If he says something needs to be changed, I will change it to the best of my ability, which is admittedly not extraordinary.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Flak: Congratulations for the work you described... Looking forward to it! :-)
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

I will start to to implement those beauties in my mod ASAP: campaign and big scenario. Screenshots will be uploaded soon :)
There will be NEW units and new fantastic skins.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Yum, Yum!! Flak's soviet units in Soviet Storm Mod!! :-)
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I took the liberty of doing some changes to Guille's newest excellent IS2 variants. I am making a file to send to Akkula for his review. This is only one version. I took my inspiration from some attached reference photos.
Attachments
IS2 star treads.png
IS2 star treads.png (28.29 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
Soviet Armor in Berlin 1945.jpg
Soviet Armor in Berlin 1945.jpg (91.92 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
images.jpg
images.jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
Last edited by flakfernrohr on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Excellent idea, Flak! You gave me the idea... I will try to make an "Extra Template" in order to enable any player/modder to convert any of the IS-2 tanks to a "fender-less" vehicle!
Thanks for sharing!

PS: Thanks a lot for the file you sent me! There are a lot of very nice stuff in there... I will answer your mail soon, but I wanted to say a big thank you to you... :-)
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Hi Guille, Glad you got the files. I have made an adaptation and improvement in the IS2 version I modded of yours. I have changed the image in the posting to the current image which will show defined track links and better detail. And here is a version of a "Berlin" IS2 modded from your IS2. Working on the IS2 M1944, probably will make some ISU 152, ISU 122 and have managed to make a decent mockup of a T34 I am trying to improve with tracks showing.
Attachments
IS2 Berlin 440.png
IS2 Berlin 440.png (28.99 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

You continue to hit the target! Very nice variation on the basic IS-2! I like very much its fine details...
Here you will be attached the "template" I made "borrowing" your idea of making a "no front fenders" IS-2, based in real war time photos... With the present template, you can "cut off" the fenders of any already camouflaged IS-2 (based on the icon I made, either IS-2 or IS-2 m1944). It includes the fine track detail you incorporated in the last version of your icon... I hope you will find it useful... :-)
Attachments
IS-2_m1944-winter_(alt).png
IS-2_m1944-winter_(alt).png (29.21 KiB) Viewed 3221 times
IS-2_No-Fenders.png
IS-2_No-Fenders.png (2.58 KiB) Viewed 3221 times
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Thanks for doing this Guille, It is a GREAT template for modding the IS2, probably the ISU series as well. I am doing a T34 also. How about this unit................
Attachments
IS2 bare ass treads.png
IS2 bare ass treads.png (25.59 KiB) Viewed 3211 times
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Fantastic job both of you guys!. Those missing fenders versions are just fantastic and adds even more "color" to the scenarios design.
Flak, just a comment for the last variation: careful with the internal tracks, they are doing a strange effect against the hull of the tank. Maybe you could remove the borders to improve the effect.
But anyway, beautiful work, cant wait for the new IS-2 pack :)

Best regards.
Akkula.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Akkula...............I reworked the tank treads and the body sides of the IS2 m1944. This is probably about as much as can be modded with the treads staying normal "large" sized looking (shaved some pixels). When putting a set of the treads from the first set of full treads on an IS2, it is apparent there is no offset for optical effects and as such the sized (shaved) set is lower on the image by one pixel line than the original tread line of Guille. I don't want the tank to look like it is "raised up" on the treads if you understand what I am getting at. Looking for suggestions if you have any. :)
Attachments
IS2 BARE ASS TANK.png
IS2 BARE ASS TANK.png (26.36 KiB) Viewed 3155 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Excellent, Flak! You are full of great ideas AND you have the energy to push them into finished stuff!!! :-)
Bravo!
By the way, if possible, I plan to release the ISU-152 icons on Friday or Saturday... I just need to make the masks for them and check or adapt the "naked tracks" (and the other ones, like the Red Flag) template for them. So, you may want to wait for them in case you will want to use them or any part of...

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”