Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

osterhase
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and m

Post by osterhase »

Here are a few units to view
Attachments
SE_M4_Sherman_I_GB.png
SE_M4_Sherman_I_GB.png (33.76 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
SE_M26.png
SE_M26.png (37.51 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
SE_Comet_I.png
SE_Comet_I.png (34.31 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
osterhase

Post by osterhase »

thank Gille for the new infantry icons.
if you can do it to post even more, I would be very happy.

her my new SE British Infantry.
Attachments
Platane Sommer_Thumb.png
Platane Sommer_Thumb.png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 6294 times
Platane Sommer.png
Platane Sommer.png (72.66 KiB) Viewed 6294 times
SE _UkInf39.png
SE _UkInf39.png (17.8 KiB) Viewed 6294 times
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Ok, some words for the boys here:

Shoughie: I quickly made the mask just some minutes before uploading it... As this was also an idea I had (to make Allied SE Infantry units), I will be making the masks for the other infantry type unit icons, but it will take some time, because right now I am short of free spare time, and also I have some other pending units asked by other fellows here: Akkula, Flak, Nikivdd... I am very glad you liked the unit. By the way, I like the new British Infantry SE unit camo skin uploaded by Osterhase more than the one I used, so I will "borrow" it as the new standard scheme for British SE infantry units (except for the desert variants), I hope you agree... But in any case, as I will be uploading the base icons, masks, and skins you will be able to use the camo scheme you like more. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Osterhase: Thanks very much for sharing your excellent camo skins here, I like them all, but specially the SS German and the SE British Infantry skin.

Nikivdd: I have received your private message, just I could not answer it, but count on me on making the Romanian units you asked for, some are easy re-skinning work, and others are more difficult, but you will be seeing new icons for you project. I will try to deliver the full list as you asked. Thanks for having me in mind to help you!

Akkula and Flak: The Soviet units rework and rare units project is still on... Again, stay tuned and be patient!! :-)

Flak: Also, you will be seeing the reworked Tiger II units!!! And thanks for the Tiger I (H) icon, it is a very welcome, important and very-early Tiger I variant which was missing.
Shoughie
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Shoughie »

That's actually really good as well, the only comment I have is that I'd like to have different skins for the British and American units. Thanks for the help. I eagerly await the rest when you have the time. Also thank you osterhase.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Oh, yes, I, or someone esle, surely will come up with a different, but good looking skin for the US infantry units. :-)
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Here is a link in my thread about DCS that contains a link to zip files with 24 skins and thumbs I made several years ago for uniforms. There are variations of the allied solid colors with these files that will likely work for skinning allied units, not just infantry. If you want these just go to this link and you will find the mediafire link posted. :)

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=33526&p=570039#p570039
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

My humble attempt to create the T-34-85I
This strange variant actually saw action in some Guards tank regiments during 1944. This tank was the standard T-34-85 chassis but with a KV-85 turret.

Maybe flak or guille can improve it. But anyway, its just a first attempt/draft.

Best regards.
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Hi, Akkula! Thanks for sharing that interesting icon... It is well done, but I think that the turret looks a little bit over sized... I will try to reduce it and see if it can be made to look more accurate...

And, by the way, I just made an important unit for the Red Army fans over here, that I think was missing. May be it is not as glamorous as a heavy tank, but it was nevertheless an important and powerful support unit in the Red Army... The 160 mm M1938 Mortar! For the sake of technical accuracy, one could say the soldier holding the mortar shell with his hands is a very strong guy, because each projectile weighted 40 kg! Anyway, artists' licenses apart, I hope you find a use for it... 8)

Also, I made a specific transport unit icon, which consist in a Zis-5 truck with the heavy mortar on tow...

Enjoy!!!
Attachments
Zis-5-M1943_Morser.png
Zis-5-M1943_Morser.png (26.78 KiB) Viewed 6185 times
Sov_160mm_M1943_Mortar.png
Sov_160mm_M1943_Mortar.png (24.06 KiB) Viewed 6185 times
osterhase

Post by osterhase »

Good Morning
hi shoughie as I understood you wanted to masks of the allies that I have are here.
But beware !!! you can change where the national emblem and not not do with the color gray paint over so to German units ...

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=32643&p=325193&hi ... sk#p325193

It looks like this! :(
Attachments
m4a3 in Grau.png
m4a3 in Grau.png (40.96 KiB) Viewed 6170 times
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

guille1434 wrote:Hi, Akkula! Thanks for sharing that interesting icon... It is well done, but I think that the turret looks a little bit over sized... I will try to reduce it and see if it can be made to look more accurate...

And, by the way, I just made an important unit for the Red Army fans over here, that I think was missing. May be it is not as glamorous as a heavy tank, but it was nevertheless an important and powerful support unit in the Red Army... The 160 mm M1938 Mortar! For the sake of technical accuracy, one could say the soldier holding the mortar shell with his hands is a very strong guy, because each projectile weighted 40 kg! Anyway, artists' licenses apart, I hope you find a use for it... 8)

Also, I made a specific transport unit icon, which consist in a Zis-5 truck with the heavy mortar on tow...

Enjoy!!!
Hi Guille, yes, the turret size is something that I am not quite sure. I tried to scale it just as the drawings but maybe I failed. If you have a better T-34-85 / KV-85 turret comparison to improve the icon please do it, you are the indicated person to do that 8)

Regarding the BIG mortar unit... what a nice surprise, thanks a lot!. I will look to add it to the mod, another toy for the Soviet arsenal :D . I will look for some historical info to decide about its stats and if its going to be a purchasable or a unique unit.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

guille1434 wrote:Ok, Shoughie... What do you think about this SE versions for the British Infantry '39 and British Infantry '42. I made a mask for the basic British Infantry icon, used it with the DCS software applying one of my SE_British color skins, and then transformed the resulting unit to a 1942 version, changing one rifle for a sub-machine gun
Hi Guille,

great new icon my friend. Infantry icons in general are the most difficult things to create. Well done!

guille1434 wrote: And, by the way, I just made an important unit for the Red Army fans over here, that I think was missing. May be it is not as glamorous as a heavy tank, but it was nevertheless an important and powerful support unit in the Red Army... The 160 mm M1938 Mortar! For the sake of technical accuracy, one could say the soldier holding the mortar shell with his hands is a very strong guy, because each projectile weighted 40 kg! Anyway, artists' licenses apart, I hope you find a use for it... 8)

Enjoy!!!

Indeed, a big fat weapon! The military arsenal of the russian troops looks always a little bit bigger than the other ones.
Nice idea!

I think the "gunner" is well trained, so he can do this easily :D

Greetings!
Shoughie
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Shoughie »

Which skin were you using for those tanks at the top of this page? I cant seem to find it in my DCS, probably because I have too many from downloading all of old churchy's skins.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Anders! Thanks for your friendly words! That mortar, indeed, was a big weapon... Its barrel had a length of 3 meters!

My best wishes for you, my friend! 8)
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

I found a fairly long series on Soviet weapons on YouTube a few months back. This included a whole episode on mortars with quite a bit of contemporary footage, and reports from the German forces of the experience of a heavy mortar bombardment.
The footage showed that the 160mm mortar tubes were hinged to allow loading, so your professional weightlifter didn't have to lift the 40kg shell right to the top of the barrel!
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Thanks captainjack for the tip... I supposed that even the Soviets could not expect a soldier to lift a 40 kg shell up to the muzzle of a 3 meter tall barrel, so it had to be done in another way... :-)
captainjack

Post by captainjack »

guille1434 wrote:even the Soviets could not expect a soldier to lift a 40 kg shell up to the muzzle of a 3 meter tall barrel
Human pyramid, anyone?

More seriously, I forgot to add that the new and improved icons are much appreciated and have inspired me to develop scenarios and mini campaigns just so that I can use them.

Incidentally, if anyone has a burning desire to make an icon for the updated Somua with the enlarged multi-crew turret (S40 or S41 depending on the source), a Char B40 and a Char G1, I could find them a home in my next bit of scenario design.
Anduril
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Anduril »

Look at this page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/160mm_Mortar_M1943
The Soviet 160 mm Mortar M1943 was a smoothbore breech loading heavy mortar which fired a 160 mm bomb
Sorry for my bad scoolenglish
https://www.designmodproject.de/
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Finally, here is a big pack for one of my favorite Soviet armored vehicles, the ISU-152, in direct and indirect fire, with basic icons and masks, in a lot of camouflage schemes (Various Soviet, Finland, Germany Captured). Also (see the following post) I made a big selection of customizing templates to enable the player or modder to customize the basic vehicle in a lot of different ways. Even, those templates can (in most cases) be combined. I hope you like all this stuff... I had fun making it, but I had to invest a lot of time... I think the result is good looking.

Enjoy!!

Here is the link to the ISU-152 pack: https://www.sendspace.com/file/1wmx2k
Attachments
ISU-152_AT-Guards.png
ISU-152_AT-Guards.png (29.92 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
ISU-152_Aty-winter.png
ISU-152_Aty-winter.png (30.43 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
Ger_ISU-152_AT.png
Ger_ISU-152_AT.png (30.23 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

And, also, for customizing the ISU-152 previously uploaded, here is a pack of templates to give a personalizing touch to your icons... Amongst the templates included here, you have the posiibility to modify your ISU-152 in the following ways:

- Add an AA Machine Gun.
- Add some unditching logs attached to the rear side hull.

- Add a set of wire mesh frames to add protection against infantry AT weapons!
I have not seen photographic evidence if this, but having seen the T-34-85 with this makeshift armor, it would not be impossible for the crews of the ISU units to add the same type of protection when operating in closed, urban combat environments, where enemy troops can approach to fire powerful, HEAT anti-tank weapons from close range, and from higher firing positions to hit the lighter roof armor plating. You can use one of three variants of this kit: A grey one (you can try applying this one before applying a camo scheme to the icon using the DCS software), a green pained one and a rust colored set. Note that the industrious crew members took care of painting a new red star in a visible place on the vehicle, as the original one was blocked by the extra armor! :-)

- Add a big Soviet flag
- Cut down front fenders (Flak's excellent idea!)
- Late war Allied air-recognition white marks (to avoid US and British pilots to attack Soviet armor units)
- Green painted external fuel tanks
- A special template to take out the external tanks... giving you a "plain look" vehicle

The credit for all of this should be given to Flakfernrohr that had the original idea of these add-on templates!!! Thanks man!!!

Here is the link to donwload the full templates pack (this templates will almost surely work also for the upcoming members of the ISU family to be uploaded: ISU-152-2, ISU-122, ISU-122S): https://www.sendspace.com/file/w6t1xl

-
Attachments
ISU-152_Aty-very_customized.png
ISU-152_Aty-very_customized.png (33.59 KiB) Viewed 5680 times
ISU-152_AT-green_wire_mesh.png
ISU-152_AT-green_wire_mesh.png (27.55 KiB) Viewed 5709 times
SE_ISU-152_Aty-rusted_wire_mesh.png
SE_ISU-152_Aty-rusted_wire_mesh.png (30.43 KiB) Viewed 5709 times
Last edited by guille1434 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Another "up-armored" ISU-152, captured, inevitably, by the sneaky Germans!
When using this add-on, I think the GD value stat should remain the same, but the Close Defense value could be made higher by one or even two points...
Attachments
Ger_ISU-152_AT-wire_mesh_armor.png
Ger_ISU-152_AT-wire_mesh_armor.png (29.37 KiB) Viewed 5706 times

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”