QUESTION: Is there a way to cancel an Assault?

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Regulator
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

QUESTION: Is there a way to cancel an Assault?

Post by Regulator »

Slightly confused. If I drag my unit over an enemy unit and initiate an Assault, is there a way to Cancel the Assault in case I change my mind?

Thanks
klkitchens
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: QUESTION: Is there a way to cancel an Assault?

Post by klkitchens »

Not that I've found... hate it. :)
Jaedrian

Post by Jaedrian »

I didn't see a way to cancel an assault. Looks like once you dropt the counter, you are committed. It would be a nice feature, just put in the undo option like you do for movement.
Igorputski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Igorputski »

It's like any other game that uses a pick up and place type action. Once you take your hand off then you are commited to the action. There's no take backs in chess. But, as long as you leave your fingers on the piece no move is made. So, once you let go of that chit in the game it's just like making a boardgame move. Chess, checkers, wargame, monopoly what have you. But, that's the end and that's the way it works and that's the way it should be.

Even in wargames if you spot something that is dangerous there are no undo buttons or take backs. You made the mistake now you have to live with it.
Jaedrian

Post by Jaedrian »

Igorputski wrote:It's like any other game that uses a pick up and place type action. Once you take your hand off then you are commited to the action. There's no take backs in chess. But, as long as you leave your fingers on the piece no move is made. So, once you let go of that chit in the game it's just like making a boardgame move. Chess, checkers, wargame, monopoly what have you. But, that's the end and that's the way it works and that's the way it should be.

Even in wargames if you spot something that is dangerous there are no undo buttons or take backs. You made the mistake now you have to live with it.
That all makes sense in a board game. Sometimes there is a technical glitch that may cause you to drop the piece when you didn't want to drop the piece. There has been one person at least that has mentioned jittery mouse in game and it would be terrible to be committed to moves due to a computer hiccup. I would agree that if technology was flawless, the logic not to pick up a dropped piece would make sense. Until then, it would be nice to have a way to get out of a mistake that wasn't intentional.

Yes, I also understand that not all drops are due to a technical error, but if it is, why not have an undo option?
Waltero
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Waltero »

Igorputski wrote:It's like any other game that uses a pick up and place type action. Once you take your hand off then you are commited to the action. There's no take backs in chess. But, as long as you leave your fingers on the piece no move is made. So, once you let go of that chit in the game it's just like making a boardgame move. Chess, checkers, wargame, monopoly what have you. But, that's the end and that's the way it works and that's the way it should be.

Not in the games that I play...Who wants to win that way?
You would rather have one simple mistake spoil the entire game?
My opponents (fellow gamers) can be brutal at times but I don't think any of them would deny a take back :roll:
Computer games are nice, specially if you don't understand the Mechanics (math, attack odds etc.) yet.
I would like to be able to hop on a unit and view the attack dice; Having the game do the math for me.
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

In HoN PC all attacks can be backed out before execution by hitting the red X in the box below. As far as I know it is only the Assault that can't be backed out of.

I usually set up an attack and then hit the X to look at all possibilities. You can even look at attacks before a vehicle moves as well as after and "undo" them.
simone007
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by simone007 »

IronFist wrote:In HoN PC all attacks can be backed out before execution by hitting the red X in the box below. As far as I know it is only the Assault that can't be backed out of.

I usually set up an attack and then hit the X to look at all possibilities. You can even look at attacks before a vehicle moves as well as after and "undo" them.
Exactly, it is the same for every kind of combat. You can click the red X to cancel combat
Jaedrian

Post by Jaedrian »

simone007 wrote:
IronFist wrote:In HoN PC all attacks can be backed out before execution by hitting the red X in the box below. As far as I know it is only the Assault that can't be backed out of.

Exactly, it is the same for every kind of combat. You can click the red X to cancel combat
I think that is the issue, there is not red x to cancel an assault. Once you drop the unit, you're stuck in.
klkitchens

Post by klkitchens »

Jaedrian wrote:
simone007 wrote:

I think that is the issue, there is not red x to cancel an assault. Once you drop the unit, you're stuck in.
Confirmed.
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

Right, I'm very much a novice and like that the computer does all the mathing for me and that I can check my odds with different attacks, as I have little clue what the best option is at times. Nearly all other actions have an option to undo or cancel; it just seems inconsistent / strange that Assault doesn't.

Maybe Slitherine can take this as a suggestion to patch in an update?
MarvinC
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by MarvinC »

Before I click on the Dice I go to the upper right corner and click on the circle. It backs out of whatever you started to do.
Jaedrian

Post by Jaedrian »

MarvinC wrote:Before I click on the Dice I go to the upper right corner and click on the circle. It backs out of whatever you started to do.
Maybe your game is different than mine? I initiated an assault, and I don't see any circles to click on to cancel the assault. I have the bar at the bottom that shows the % of success on the die to roll, but there is no red x to cancel the attack like with gun fire. There is no undo option like for movement. The combat results bar also has no option for canceling the attack.

Could you explain in more detail what circle you are clicking on to cancel an assault please?

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”