Suppressive Fire

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
bangboom
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Suppressive Fire

Post by bangboom »

The final value for suppressive fire is always twice the final value for normal fire - even if normal fire is negative for reasons of LOS, long range or suppressed attacker.
This is different from the board game: modifiers for long range, obstructed LOS and the attacker's suppressive marker are not doubled for suppressive fire (See DPG Forum: topic "suppressive fire").

According to DPG suppressive fire calculates like this:

(attack bonus +Ammo etc. -fire on the move) x2 + die roll
-long range -LOS -suppressive marker (attacker)

In my opinion this makes sense, because it's always easier to fire into a certain direction to keep the enemies heads down
than trying to hit a certain enemy.

Will you change this ?
Or am I wrong?
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Re: Suppressive Fire

Post by visualrob »

Hi, bangboom!

The manual is extremely unclear about this point, but I checked the forums and it seems you're right! Moreover, this interpretation of the rules makes much more sense to me, too.
I changed the implementation of the suppressive fire to avoid doubling the LoS-related penalties. You'll find this in the upcoming patch.

Thank you so much for pointing this out!
nostradunwhich
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Suppressive Fire

Post by nostradunwhich »

visualrob wrote:The manual is extremely unclear about this point, but I checked the forums and it seems you're right! Moreover, this interpretation of the rules makes much more sense to me, too.
I changed the implementation of the suppressive fire to avoid doubling the LoS-related penalties. You'll find this in the upcoming patch.
That is great news! I really appreciate all the work CatRabbit is putting into having the PC version match the board game.

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”