BA2 Scenarios by Enric

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.
Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

enric
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Rostov

Post by enric »

The a2 version has several changes:
  • Russian units are NKVD garrison and have a morale of 125 (o more).
  • German has two 75 inf. guns.
  • New mod for mortars and on board artillery guns
Infantry support guns and mortars were artillery weapons designed to offering immediate tactical response (on board artillery), may fire direct fire as usual and also, indirect fire between its min-max range.
They no not need to make a radio contact, but may only make indirect fire to a tile that any friendly unit has LOS (not need to be spotted the tile just a LOS) at the time of the fire.
So, if you could not indirect fire a tile, move a units to spot the area, and then, the artillery might be able to make fire there.

Indirect fire to invisible areas was not much effective, only useful with large barrages like naval, heavy battery or aerial bombards. I always found that the BA indirect fire made with mortars, Priest, Wespe,etc., have a too much effect, and give a non real behavior to a tactical game. No risk at all, and demolishing effect.

Remember also, that artillery and mortars can not fire from inside a cover tile, like a building or a bunker.
avisnigra67
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: BA2 Scenarios by Enric

Post by avisnigra67 »

enric wrote:Penetration of Rostov seems very difficult for the German, need your opinions.
The setup is now the original Squad leader setup.
Except:
- German has a 105 and a 75 gun (here 2, 75) maybe a 74 and a mortar...
- The mines (booby traps) in the original are 20, but they should be placed on only 5 buildings (at a rate of 4).... this will also help

Any suggestion?
Hello All;
I think all the changes will improve this game a lot; thinking in the booby traps, it will be a good idea to adopt the SL restrictions (only 5 locations to be mined)
Another important issue after playing this a couple of times for me is the fact that in the original SL game lmg,s, HMG,S and ATR are integrated in the 10 russian squads,(manned by those) but in BA are independent units and that is a plus factor in favor on russian side, making easier his deployment and reducing the numerical advantage of germans. May be all of that could be considered in further modifications if the game would not be enough balanced.
Regards
R.
enric

Post by enric »

avisnigra67 wrote:
enric wrote:Penetration of Rostov seems very difficult for the German, need your opinions.
The setup is now the original Squad leader setup.
Except:
- German has a 105 and a 75 gun (here 2, 75) maybe a 74 and a mortar...
- The mines (booby traps) in the original are 20, but they should be placed on only 5 buildings (at a rate of 4).... this will also help

Any suggestion?
Hello All;
I think all the changes will improve this game a lot; thinking in the booby traps, it will be a good idea to adopt the SL restrictions (only 5 locations to be mined)
Another important issue after playing this a couple of times for me is the fact that in the original SL game lmg,s, HMG,S and ATR are integrated in the 10 russian squads,(manned by those) but in BA are independent units and that is a plus factor in favor on russian side, making easier his deployment and reducing the numerical advantage of germans. May be all of that could be considered in further modifications if the game would not be enough balanced.
Regards
R.
It's true that HMG,S and ATR are integrated in the 10 Russian squads but the German LMG (4) and the HMG also was integrated by the German squads.
This (the MGs as weapons, not as units) is a big difference between both games, I use to use a LMG/MMG unit in BA where an equipment was in SL.

I really appreciate all suggestions an ideas to improve the scenarios, thanks you.
enric

Post by enric »

Rostov and Cannes goes to a3.

Minor changes to balance the scenarios.

Rostov
- Better infantry guns
- only 5 booby traps (as in the original scenario)

Cannes
- tooltip reveals mines for the German
- Priets can only indirect fire to sighted tiles
Celeborn
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Unit ratios

Post by Celeborn »

After having played several scenarios I have noticed a recurring issue where the attacker struggles to employ numerical superiority due to the number of units. Leaders often seem to be getting in the way. :-/. I think this is because squad leader scenarios assume that units can stack--esp where multi-story bldgs are present. Consequently suggest non-vehicle/ordnance be reduced by perhaps 25%. Should also make for quicker set-up and play.
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

Hello there!

Can any of these scenarios be played Multiplayer Coop?
enric

Post by enric »

sightreader wrote:Hello there!

I do not know, as I never tried the coop system.
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

enric wrote:
sightreader wrote:Hello there!

I do not know, as I never tried the coop system.
Dang. Well, you and a friend split up an army's forces and take on the computer - or the scenario designer. I have no idea how to edit or create it yet.
Celeborn

Post by Celeborn »

What is really, really needed is a 2 vs 2 version. Would be so cool to play team against team.
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

Celeborn wrote:What is really, really needed is a 2 vs 2 version. Would be so cool to play team against team.
I'm thinking that it's quite a leap from supporting 2 players H2H or Coop to 4 players...
enric

VISTULA

Post by enric »

avisnigra67

Post by avisnigra67 »

Great! Let's test and taste it :D
enric

Post by enric »

Warning: Vistula has a bug that makes end the game when 5 German units are eliminated, next version will be immediately released.
avisnigra67

Post by avisnigra67 »

ops! this is a Cannes' heritage scenario... ;)
enric

Post by enric »

enric wrote:Warning: Vistula has a bug that makes end the game when 5 German units are eliminated, next version will be immediately released.
This is fixed in the current a2 version.
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

Enric, in the Vistula scenario I'm playing a gentleman who, quite cleverly, placed a sandbag nest right in the middle of the road where the Tiger IIs are travelling thereby blocking the only German armour from getting out of the forest. Kudos to my opponent for the thinking, but it kind of screws over the German player.
Last edited by MacD2013 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

MacD2013 wrote:Enric, in the Vistula scenario I'm playing a gentleman who quite cleverly placed a sandbag nest right in the middle of the road where the Tiger IIs are travelling thereby blocking the only German armour from getting out of the forest. Kudos to my opponent for the thinking, but it kind of screws over the German player.
Wow, you can buy/place sandbags and fixed fortifications in this game?
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

sightreader wrote:
MacD2013 wrote:Enric, in the Vistula scenario I'm playing a gentleman who quite cleverly placed a sandbag nest right in the middle of the road where the Tiger IIs are travelling thereby blocking the only German armour from getting out of the forest. Kudos to my opponent for the thinking, but it kind of screws over the German player.
Wow, you can buy/place sandbags and fixed fortifications in this game?
Just in a few of Enric's custom made scenarios. It does add to the fun of it.
enric

Post by enric »

MacD2013 wrote:Enric, in the Vistula scenario I'm playing a gentleman who, quite cleverly, placed a sandbag nest right in the middle of the road where the Tiger IIs are travelling thereby blocking the only German armour from getting out of the forest. Kudos to my opponent for the thinking, but it kind of screws over the German player.
The Russian player has two sandbags to deploy, it's his decision to use one of them to block the northern track.
The German may advance in the South or/and in the North, but in my opinion the tanks are very vulnerable going in a track surrounded of woods and, also, there the possibility to find it blocked.
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

Ahh ok, I must have spaced the deployment phase.

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Scenario Design”