So where are we?

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

So where are we?

Post by Uncle_Joe »

I am noticing that a lot of the momentum behind this game seems to be waning... :/

From the 'Roadmap' thread, the Hotseat mode and some other fixes were supposed to hit last week but I didn't see anything. That in an of itself isn't a cause for alarm but there has been next to no activity or response in the forums either. I feel like a lot of people are losing interest in the MP aspect of the game because of the on-going issues and lack of fixes for the critical ones.

Granted the game has only been out for a month and a half, but it doesn't take much for it to fall off people's radar in this day and age. And unfortunately, on Steam it's sitting with the dreaded 'Mixed' reviews now (which is generally a bad sign for 'pick-up' sales).

Anyways, I'm not trying to be doom and gloom, but I just found it odd that there was so much activity in the first 3-4 weeks following the release and it's dwindled down to next to nothing a few weeks further down the road. Hopefully everything is still on track and all of the mentioned fixes and features are delivered soon so that the game might once again start moving forward.

I had and have high hopes for the game. The board game is fantastic but at the moment the PC game has a ways to go to equal the variety and fun-factor. Hopefully development continues until it reaches it's potential and that sales of DLC or whatnot are strong to fund it into the future of the game series.
radar231
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: So where are we?

Post by radar231 »

Agreed. I too have high hopes for the game, more units, editor mode more scenarios etc ( cards ). Right now when playing on line, we use almost the same units all the time with each scenario and sometime this feels like a little bit of redundancy ( but the dice roll is always a surprise :roll: , so of course, not two games are the same even though we use the same units / tactics but still ). Hope to hear from Slithering soon.

J. 8)
nostradunwhich
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by nostradunwhich »

Perhaps they have been quiet as they are spending their time working on the next update. I am hoping we will get the editor soon, that will do a long way toward allowing a much greater range of MP options. I could wish for the Action Cards, but I suspect those will take a while to integrate.

I do feel for the devs. Before it was released they were getting hammered for not releasing the app. Now that it has been released they are getting hammered for releasing too soon. There is no way to win on the Internet :)
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe »

I do feel for the devs. Before it was released they were getting hammered for not releasing the app. Now that it has been released they are getting hammered for releasing too soon. There is no way to win on the Internet :)
I agree, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't but at this point the best thing IMO would be to continue with clear communication and incremental progress. Unfortunately it's now been 2 weeks since we've seen any activity (the 'Roadmap' thread was posted on 11/4) so that has to leave prospective buyers wondering as well as those of us who already own the game.

To me it's always better when regular posters on the boards have an idea of what's going on and can then 'run interference' when people ask for features or report bugs ("that has been reported and they are working on it"). It saves developer response time and it's good for the community. But without continued response and fixes, that dries up too.

I hope it's just a case of a few people on vacation (understandable) but something has to start moving forward here soon IMO or else the game will end up being dead in it's tracks before it even gets going. I agree with you that the editor could go a long way to revitalizing the game and that's why I was somewhat down on the decision to try and appease those who can't understand probability before going forward with the editor and the cards. The 'OMG THE AI CHEATZ!' people aren't going to stick with the game regardless of what you do (short of rigging the game so the player DOES roll better and easily win) so catering to that crowd seemed (and seems) like a lost cause.

When the game came out, there were a few 'fanatical' posters and players but in short order they have dropped off due to various issues. I'd just hate seeing a game with this potential die out suddenly.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

there were some personal health issues with the team that slowed things down but we're very close to completing the Editor and getting some other features out to you. The team are also busy working on the updates so not as much free time to communicate on the forums.

You should see some updates soon!
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Thanks for the update, Iain. Hope all is well with the team and looking forward to the updates. Hopefully the editor will jumpstart the game again!
Ralph1961
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ralph1961 »

I have an interest in the iPad version of this game but I dont get good vibes on the direction of the game. Does it have a re- playability value?
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe »

I think the game has a lot of replay value and if it stays on track, there should be quite a bit more.

When the editor hits, that should open up a LOT of variety. I would imagine people will post scenarios (and hopefully campaigns at some point as well).

Card play will also increase replayability because no two game will play alike once that FoW element is added in.

Finally, if they continue to release even a fraction of the recruitment options from the board game, there will be tons of options to choose from.

The questions is whether the game does well enough to continue funding it. I, for one, am more than willing to throw a few bucks here and there for recruitment options and additional map tiles etc. I'm sure many people are in the same boat.
nucleus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by nucleus »

Where are we? Nowhere as far as I can tell. The game is incomplete and broken in several aspects including multiplayer cheats. It's been reported to Slitherine (aptly named) and guess what? No response.

Don't expect a refund. Or much further development for that matter. Sales figures don't justify it.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

the game plays fine for me, as you can clearly see with me score, 3 or 4th in the list now, all the members concerns raised are being sorted with patches and updates as while some error's only effect a small number, they are still being helped, good luck and may the dice roll in your favour

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”