Stuck game

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Stuck game

Post by sa_gibson »

Playing my very first matched pair of games with the latest version, already one of the two games is stuck. The Axis player completed his turn with an armor exploit, and sent the turn. On my side, the game is presented as waiting for my turn. When I enter the game, I see the Axis attack and victory, and then 1 of 3 armor units makes an exploit move, and then the game freezes. It is not yet my turn - the other 2 armor units still show the 'exploit' highlighting - so I can't do anything. My opponent can't do anything, either - his game shows it's my turn, so he can't enter it at all.
Eldnas
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Stuck game

Post by Eldnas »

sa_gibson wrote:Playing my very first matched pair of games with the latest version, already one of the two games is stuck. The Axis player completed his turn with an armor exploit, and sent the turn. On my side, the game is presented as waiting for my turn. When I enter the game, I see the Axis attack and victory, and then 1 of 3 armor units makes an exploit move, and then the game freezes. It is not yet my turn - the other 2 armor units still show the 'exploit' highlighting - so I can't do anything. My opponent can't do anything, either - his game shows it's my turn, so he can't enter it at all.
I'm the other player in this game. This would be the first move of the second day when I moved a stack of 3 Armor from Clervaux to Bastogne destroying the defending unit there. I moved one armor to Houffalize and one to either Sibret or Neufchateau (can't remember which) and left one in Bastogne.

Playing on iPhone 6s plus with latest IOS 9.2, lastest game patch. This was a paired match if that matters that was started by sa_gibson.
AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlexRadu »

Hello guys,

Can I ask you which game mode have you played and also the day in which the game froze?
Thank you for the details, we really appreciate the effort!
sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sa_gibson »

We're playing the full Battle of the Bulge scenario. The game froze on the first (Axis) impulse of the second game day, 17 Dec. In real life, the game froze shortly before my first post above. I'm playing on an iPad 2.
AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlexRadu »

Did you see the units highlighted for replacements when the game crashed?
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Hi guys. sorry for this problem.
First of all, what do you mean by 'exploit move' ?

I see Eldnas moved 3 units from Clervaux to Bastogne. This raises some issues, as I cannot see how that should be possible within the game rules.
This might be the cause of the stucking.

I'm currently looking for your saved game on the server and I cannot locate it. Did you happen to delete it?
sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sa_gibson »

Ednas moved 3 Pz units from Clerveaux to Bastogne, attacking my single CC armor. He destroyed the CC, and then made the additional space advance move permitted an armor unit after a total victory - this is what I mean by 'armor exploit'.

There is no rule preventing 3 in-supply armor units moving from Clervaux to Bastogne along a clear road. I've played thousands of games, and it is a quite common move, one of the standard opening approaches for an Axis player: Build a 3-unit stack in Clervaux on the 16th, and send it into Bastogne on the 17th.

And yes, I resigned the game since it was unplayable.
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

yes. you're right. i wasn't paying attention to the map.
we've found the save game of the server and found the issue. it's now fixed and will be available in the next update.
sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sa_gibson »

AlexRadu wrote:Did you see the units highlighted for replacements when the game crashed?
No, I see the units highlighted for advance, but they never complete the move.

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”