Heroes of Normandie Editor Announced! Plus a surprise!

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Heroes of Normandie Editor Announced! Plus a surprise!

Post by Daniele »

The Normandy Campaign as you never seen it! After the extraordinary success of Heroes of Normandie, Developer Cat Rabbit is ready to roll out more content!

A new and much anticipated feature will soon be released: the Editor! You will finally have the opportunity to set up a fully customizable battlefield, with different kinds of terrains and units, in single and multiplayer battles alike!

But good news are not over!

The first DLC of the series is also incoming: it will deploy US Rangers, featuring a punch board with twenty-nine new tiles for the US army and a new hero, the indomitable Captain Pepper!

Versatile and brave, the US Rangers are assault units, preferring to close the distance with the enemy to unleash the massive firepower of the mighty United States Army!

Guided by their legendary commander, they can’t wait to break Fritz’s defences, granting hundreds of hours more of pure fun!

Brace yourselves! The DLC and the Editor will land on December 15th on our stores and on Steam!
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Heroes of Normandie Editor Announced! Plus a surprise!

Post by FroBodine »

So, you put out a DLC before you implement the cards? Now we see where your priorities are - making more money instead of completing the base game.

Well done, Slitherine . . .
chemkid
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by chemkid »

nice showcase of the editor in action!! thanks a lot! :D

cheers!
chem!

ps: here's the link to the showcase -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v39LBh_xTk
MulberryHoN
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by MulberryHoN »

Sorry but we need the the DDay maps and other batelgrounds tiles with the US rangers.
Otherwise it will be unnecessary for me for renew the joy of playing.
It's boring to always play with the same tiles.
It's very important to take it in consideration.
Thanks and good continuation.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I saw free scenario editor. Is it a FREE DLC ?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

no, DLC isn't free

http://www.slitherine.com/games/HoN_Rangers_pc

only the update and editor
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Guys this DLC is art and data which has no affect on card development. The cards are a programming task and limited by the editor. The editor is now done and the next task is the cards.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

almost free
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (60.25 KiB) Viewed 4340 times
:wink:
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

Better still.
beat that.jpg
beat that.jpg (4.7 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
:)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

nice, editor works well as well :wink:
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Yeah, I can live with two bucks lol. That's the cost of a Coke here these days and I daresay I'll get a bit more use out of the Rangers. ;)

Hopefully we'll see a continued stream of content (maybe in bundles?).

Looking forward to trying the editor. Question: Is it possible to set up victory point victory conditions as in the board game (ie, have multiple objectives around the map that add up to points and highest points wins)? Or is it possible to set multiple victory areas rather than just one?

Thanks in advance for any info!
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi, uncle_joe!

Answers to your questions:

1) At the moment the editor is made to be easy to use, and to allow fast creation. This means: a main objective (occupy, eliminate or use), with the possibility of providing bonus gear by giving items for one/both armies to pick up. In the future (that is: after the cards are published) we would like to expand this into a "multiple objectives" system.

2) Yes, the "occupy" objective allows to select multiple areas/units (for example you can say: "bring Von Kamptz and Houser in these two buildings").

If you're really want to create complex scenarios and you're not scared by XML files, you can edit in notepad the missions you saved with the editor. It's not very difficult to make multiple objectives/victoryConditions this way. If someone is interested in this, I can write a small tutorial about it (as soon as I can take a break from the development of the cards).
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe »

visualrob wrote:Hi, uncle_joe!

Answers to your questions:

1) At the moment the editor is made to be easy to use, and to allow fast creation. This means: a main objective (occupy, eliminate or use), with the possibility of providing bonus gear by giving items for one/both armies to pick up. In the future (that is: after the cards are published) we would like to expand this into a "multiple objectives" system.

2) Yes, the "occupy" objective allows to select multiple areas/units (for example you can say: "bring Von Kamptz and Houser in these two buildings").

If you're really want to create complex scenarios and you're not scared by XML files, you can edit in notepad the missions you saved with the editor. It's not very difficult to make multiple objectives/victoryConditions this way. If someone is interested in this, I can write a small tutorial about it (as soon as I can take a break from the development of the cards).
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info. And I would love to see how to make those tweaks in XML. I have no problem fiddling with it if the directions are more or less clear. :)
Waltero
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Waltero »

Hello, I do not have the board game. Without doing any investigation, what can we look forward to as far as the game/editor?
I would like to see wire, roadblocks, mountains (something to block movement and LOS), unlimited game turns etc...

Does the board game include any of these? If not...why not?
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Hi Waltero. Nice to see you back. :)

I have just about everything for the boardgame (missing a few of the early KS exclusives).

So far:
Wire: Yes, it's in the D-Day expansion and I don't see any reason we wouldnt eventually see it here (and bangalore torpedoes to blow it up! ;) )
Roadblocks: Not really? On of the expansions has 'Belgian gates' which I supposed could qualify
Mountains: No, nothing like that yet. Supposedly the new KS has some 'Hill' terrain tiles so might be interesting to see where they go with it.
Unlimited game turns: The board game limits most games to 8 turns but I'm pretty sure we can configure it higher in the PC game editor

Hope it helps!

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”