Pike Shot Campaign installation prob

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

chris6
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Pike Shot Campaign installation prob

Post by chris6 »

Hi there,

I purchased the Campaign Bundle which should include Tercio to Salvo. I installed the Bundle, but when I try the Tercio to Salvo Skirmish I get the message: Need to install Tercio to Salvo. But the other parts of the campaign bundle work well as far as i tested them.

I tried to delete the campaign bundle to try another installation but I did not find out how to deinstall the bundle.

I tried to reinstall without deleting the bundle first but this is not working too.

Need some help please!

cheers from a german Computerdummy
stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Pike Shot Campaign installation prob

Post by stefankollers »

Found this on the main forum, dont know if it helps.

Post a reply
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Unlocking the Tercio to Salvo content

Postby JoeMiller » 08 Apr 2015 18:01
Hello all,

For all those who are having trouble unlocking the Tercio to Salvo expansion, please follow the steps below:

Firstly you must purchase the expansion and get your serial number. Please note that iPad users can purchase the content as an in-app purchase, and the content as sold on our site is only for PC/Mac users.

Then you can either download the expansion/1.04 update from the download link provided, or alternatively you need to update the game to 1.04 using the "Check for Updates" button on the autorun menu. If you are having problems with the "Check for Updates" button or with the download link, you can download the 1.04 expansion from the link below:
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/PikeAndSh ... p-v104.zip

After having updated the game or installing the expansion, what you need to do is open the game and go to the main menu, then click "Historical". Then select Tercio to Salvo and click the tick at the bottom of the screen. Then select the first mission of this campaign. It will then ask you for your serial number. Enter your serial number and you will get a confirmation that the expansion content is unlocked.

Then enjoy the new content!

JoeMiller
Slitherine
Slitherine

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks stefankollers
chris6

Post by chris6 »

Thx for the quick answer!

Tried it but it seems that the Serialnumber i did get for the Pike&Shot Campaign Bundle isnt working here...
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

try again but type it in and not copy paste it
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

If you bought "Pike & Shot: Campaigns" on PC (it isn't available on iPad) then you do not need to activate Tercio to Salvo as it is automatically part of the package. The information that stefankollers posted applies to the old "Pike and Shot" game and not "Pike and Shot: Campaigns".

You probably need help from the dedicated tech support guys. I will draw their attention to this thread.
Richard Bodley Scott

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Chris,

I'm sorry you are having problems with your game. Yes, the Campaigns game should contain all of the content, so you do not need to unlock this separately. To uninstall the game you only need to use the "uninstall" option in the Start Menu.

Are you running the game on Steam or the Standalone version? Also, on your computer, is the game installed to C:\Program Files(x86)? If so, please try the following. Uninstall the game and install the game in a different folder than C:\Program Files (x86) (for example C:\Games).
You can follow the instructions below on how to Install Games in different locations on Steam:
http://www.mameau.com/add-existing-stea ... y-folders/
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -tdlc-0426
chris6

Post by chris6 »

Thx for the help!

I use the stand alone game and will uninstall the game and install it to a different folder.....will tell you if it works soon. :mrgreen:
chris6

Post by chris6 »

:cry: Hi there!

I uninstalled the whole pike and shot game. And then i tried to install it again to a different folder, but now i can not install the game at all!!! My PC allways tells me that the programm is already in use by another programm and tells me a path to a folder that does not exist.

So I reset my PC to the status when i purchased it almost 3 1/2 years ago...it took me the whole saturday to reinstall 181 window updates and some drivers like printer and so on... :twisted:

Then I tried again to install P&S but I still get the message that the programm is allready in use by that other programm....really frustrating....

Any idea what to do?
chris6

Post by chris6 »

Now I found out that its a problem with something called "lua5.1.dll" that seemsto be missing on my computer?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

A 3rd party program seems to be interfering during the game installation, perhaps an Internet security program (like anti-virus).
Please try installing the game with Windows running in safe mode.
After having finished installing the game in safe mode, reboot your Windows normally.

For on how to boot your Windows in safe mode please check the guides presented on the link below:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthepro ... e-mode.htm
chris6

Post by chris6 »

Good morning!

As i already mentioned...i am a real computer dummy. I have no idea about a save windows mode? :oops:

Last night i reseted my pc again and tried to install the game before i did all the updates for windows ans all the other programms i usually use. But i did not changed the folder, because i don not want to interfer with any thiing that might go wrong. Now the game is running again. Then i installed the Campaign Package and that looked great telling me in the end that everything is fine and installed.

but when i start the game i still cannot play tercio to salvo?

Cant you just give me a new serial number to activate it?

I really dont want to experiment to much with my pc again....i am happy that he is back to work ....
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'm afraid we can only provide with a serial number for the expansion, Tercio to Salvo, if you have bought it.
Try redeeming a Steam key for Pike &Shot Campaigns and let Steam install it for you.
chris6

Post by chris6 »

Where can I get that key for Steam? Writitng an email to Slitherine or do I have to purchase it again?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

chris6 wrote:Where can I get that key for Steam? Writitng an email to Slitherine or do I have to purchase it again?
viewtopic.php?f=299&t=66813
Richard Bodley Scott

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

These are the steps needed for redeeming a Steam key:

1. Register the game serial number in your Slitherine account:
http://www.slitherine.com/register_serial.php

2. Once you have registered the game in your account, you can redeem a Steam serial key:
http://www.slitherine.com/my_page/steam_serials
chris6

Post by chris6 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YEAH!

Finally I grated up to Windows 10 and guess what? Its running!

Thx for all your help!!!! You tried your best, but Me and My Lappi are not best friends... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Tech Support”