AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris »

Hi Everyone : At first we should thanks the team's great work of this latest 4.0 version . To test this game engine , I started a mirror game with the great Elite player --Supermax . Although there is already an AAR which between Supermax & Victor , I do believe ours will be quite different from that one . & Max is busy on making that AAR , So I will just use my limited English to make a brief AAR which will including all important parts of our pbem . I hope you will enjoy this :)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris »

Turn 1 : Poland fall in the first turn ! The latest 4.0 set up really give Axis has much possibility to achive this impossible mission . But even though , I still hoped Max would not get enough luck ! :(

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Turn 2

Axis launched attack to Magnot line ! & almost conquer the fortress city Strasburg . Allies repaired the GAR ( it can not retreat because of the ZOC ).

This is the second time Max use this strategy , we will see how it will effect the game .

Demark surrender this turn ( Max forgot about it in first turn )

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Turn 3---Turn 9 ( Oct 11th 1939-----Feb 28th 1940)

Axis finally made a breakthrough at the Magnot defense line before bad weather , but was stopped along the river . During this period , Luftwaffe had heavy dog fight with RAF & French AF . meanwhile RN lost a BB .

Just wait for the fair turn .
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Mar 19th 1940 fair

Axis launch attack & conquer Belgium & Holland . Allies retreat from Magnot line . RN use CV to attack Axis's tac , but suffer heavy loss !

Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

GB looks empty...
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:GB looks empty...
yes.....
Carlos_Danger
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Carlos_Danger »

Are all the English garrisons in France?

If the AAR was done with NATO counters you could see the color difference between the English and French counters. But the AAR is done with picture counters and the HQ leader number now covers the nationality symbol so you cannot tell anything about the nationality from the AAR, which is a new problem. Added on to the old problem, that it is really hard to tell the difference between a garrison or corps as well as a Fighters or TACs with the picture counters.

Give the information I see, which is not much, the best I can count, two English garrison in France and two English garrisons in England?

And many be four English garrison, one Corp and a Mech missing, hidden with HQ symbols?

Very confusing!
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Carlos_Danger wrote:Are all the English garrisons in France?

If the AAR was done with NATO counters you could see the color difference between the English and French counters. But the AAR is done with picture counters and the HQ leader number now covers the nationality symbol so you cannot tell anything about the nationality from the AAR, which is a new problem. Added on to the old problem, that it is really hard to tell the difference between a garrison or corps as well as a Fighters or TACs with the picture counters.

Give the information I see, which is not much, the best I can count, two English garrison in France and two English garrisons in England?

And many be four English garrison, one Corp and a Mech missing, hidden with HQ symbols?

Very confusing!
It is easy to tell the difference if you enlarge the picture . There are many British in Scotland . :)
supermax

Post by supermax »

Morris wrote:

Very confusing!
It is easy to tell the difference if you enlarge the picture . There are many British in Scotland . :)
Ah thats where all those garrison where hiding! I wondered where they were holed up :)
supermax

Post by supermax »

Morris wrote:

Very confusing!

Show them moreit isnt like it would change much at the stage we are at in winter 1940-41
Carlos_Danger

Post by Carlos_Danger »

Let me see if I've got this English strategy right, France will fall in four turns or less.

The English will not be saying " We Shall Fight on the Beaches ", No the English will be rolling out the welcome mat for the Germans in Southern England and be hiding their troops in Scotland trying to bait the Germans into a Sealion.

Truly a unique strategy for the English. I like out of the box thinking, so I guess I like it. I am interested already on how this is going to turn out! It's kind of funny! :D
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Carlos_Danger wrote:Let me see if I've got this English strategy right, France will fall in four turns or less.

The English will not be saying " We Shall Fight on the Beaches ", No the English will be rolling out the welcome mat for the Germans in Southern England and be hiding their troops in Scotland trying to bait the Germans into a Sealion.

Truly a unique strategy for the English. I like out of the box thinking, so I guess I like it. I am interested already on how this is going to turn out! It's kind of funny! :D
There will be more fun in coming turns ! please just wait......... :)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Apr 8th 1940 fair

Axis move into France & kill several French Gars . but It seems need long time to conquer France .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Apr 28th ---May 18th 1940 fair

It was really an impressive turn which Max did surprised me ! I never thought my France would surrrender just this turn ! Max is really a master of tacs & very creative .

Axis kicked France out & make all BEF surrender except one GAR !

I suddenly realize that UK is in great danger ! But I still use my CV to attack the Stuka which bombed Paris last turn . It was a huge mistake . You will see......

Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Why are your FTRs stationed in France?
Carlos_Danger

Post by Carlos_Danger »

Morris has just open his turn, Paris has just fallen, Vichy has been accepted.

After the fact and only with the remains of the English controlled hexes, can I finally figure out, what the English force in France were. You could not before hand tell much from the AAR pictures because of the new HQ badges and picture counters!

Here is what happen to the English Units:
The English garrison in Le Havre, was evacuated back to the UK.
An 10 strength English Corp and 10 strength English Mech go to the POW camps.
The Fighters do not get evacuated back to the UK or go to the POW camps they just stay where they are when Vichy is declared. So Morris will Fly them to the UK this Turn.
Last edited by Carlos_Danger on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carlos_Danger

Post by Carlos_Danger »

Was that a French Corp or a Garrison in Paris?
Hard to tell with the picture counters.

If it was a French Corp, I'd say Morris got unlucky that Paris fell, though I can not see how many German TACs there are, just three? If Paris would of held at say a 1 or 2 steps, Morris's counter attack would of been very heavy. Max probably would of lost either the German armor or the German Mech that crossed the river and a fresh French Corp would be back in Paris again, a risky gamble that seem to work this time. Morris is in a bad spot now that he has lost an English Mech plus HQ an English Corp plus HQ and at least one English garrisons if not more in France for no German casualties and France has fallen early to boot.
Carlos_Danger

Post by Carlos_Danger »

I am really glad that Morris is doing this AAR, because I love reading them! So no complaints here, but I'm having a hard time gleaming the whole picture from this AAR.

That English Fighter is a double veteran all ready, there must of be one hell of air war going on, its May 1940, turn 14 people!
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

It looks like Morris had a GAR stationed in Paris, but I'm not 100% sure, because the picture is not clear. Two of Supermax's visible air units have only 5 steps left, but considering the early fall of Paris, he should have no trouble repairing them.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”