Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

kanniethexen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v1.8

Post by kanniethexen »

McGuba wrote:
kanniethexen wrote:Somewhere in the Barbarossa campaign there is a scenario message that Churchill is on the battleship HMS Revenge. Will sinking that ship have implications for the UK?
Not really. After all, he is just one man. And they also have a King. Also, the death of Roosevelt on the other side of the Atlantic did not really affect the outcome of the war. Someone just jumped in and took it over.

Even then, the sinking of that ship does not necessarily means the death of Churchill. There can always be survivors. I leave it to the players' imagination.

However, if a player gets to sink that battleship it normally means that the Axis captures the Middle East along with the oil fields. Now, THAT event has some implications. It is a bit like defeating the final boss in the last level of those good old games I grew up.
Thanks, that makes sense McCuba, and coming to think of it some leaders are attributed with phenomenal sports achievements (like Mao and that dude from North Korea :) ). And I also saw that English king you were writing about as a hero.

Another question: In a message a new unit was mentioned, the Fallschirmjäger 44, but also was written that because of lack of training they cannot jump out of a transport plane. So it isn't a very useful unit. For a little more prestige a Pioniere 44 can do more.
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

What if make Bridge Unit (instead territory) - for destroy/build purpose ? And use Brandenburges for destroy enemy Bridges ?
When im died - I must be a killed.
Ag0range
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Ag0range »

Hi! I managed to come to the very start of the Barbarossa! :D Again. Really impressive mod, transmits the sadness and the dimensions of the depicted events. Now it really is a piece of art.

Was really surprised that one of the Ju88 (do not quite remember which one, guess it was Ju88A) was not suppressing ground units, even not able to attack them. The only possible target for that one are the cities. And the cities defenders did not suffer any loss of ammo or gasoline. That is intentional, right? So what is that unit for in the terms of this game? Only for neutralizing? Is there any prestige loss for the allied AI when their clue cities are bombed, like in the good old times of PG1?

I absolutely love the event messages. Though, a pair of typos are still present (one I have seen just at the end of the first message text of Barbarossa that follows the briefing, the word "manGage" in the last frase. That one is visible. Another in the library, somewhere, does not matter much, just mentioning).

Now the question. Do major victories in France or the Balkans give any special opportunities, or the only difference is the amount of the prestige rewards?

And could someone please clarify for me the close defence? It has just dawned on me.... Does that really mean that the tanks are virtually unable to defend themselves but in plains? And are these almost helpless in all the woods and all the hills? I always used to think (from the Civilization series ahahha) that defending in the hills, in the woods and in the cities is an excellent idea and is much more secure that in the open fields... So that is the reason I always suffer horrible tank losses, right?

I felt weird for my beleifs to find out that a BT7 might be that dangerous for a PZIV... Even with Dice chess... And to find out that the Brest fort can be actually destroyed in one turn just applying Karl, another arty, one infantry unit from a river (!) and just one more AT unit coming from the south.

Actually I have heard several times (including in the University) and have read as well that the crazy numbers of the soviet divisions in 1941 just existed on paper for deception reasons, to scare off the nazis. And that the deception worked: partially with an adverse effect - the nazis decided that the time to strike had come before it was not too late (that is where some researchers point - the initial composition of the soviet army was not defensive, but rather offensive style - more "long run" bombers, relatively few fighters, no minefields present, breaches in the defences open to facilitate strike if needed, more light and medium tanks and armored cars than KVs, etc.); and partially the trick worked as intended, so the nazis advanced with more caution than actually needed and wasted time. Those papers are still often cited. And my mom knows from her father that Moscow region actually had some structures built from plywood in form of tanks and painted green, especially prepared for the german aerial recon about two weeks after the war started because there was no actual tanks to defend Moscow initially. The trick worked and made the germans fear rushing to Moscow directly. Probably this idea might find its representation into the mod, that one unit seen from the air recon might actually disappear when contacted directly on the ground... Nah, not worth coding, no one will notice in the mess :)

Edit: Ahahahha I know! Just put a structure that has a precise icon of a full 10 KV-1 near Moscow, that has parameters of pure 0-s, so to be destroyed with one sneeze! That will work precisely! For those that just attack/fear tanks just upon seeing tham witout actually reading/checking their stats! :lol:
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Ag0range wrote:Hi! I managed to come to the very start of the Barbarossa! Again. Really impressive mod, transmits the sadness and the dimensions of the depicted events. Now it really is a piece of art.
Thanks! :D

Was really surprised that one of the Ju88 (do not quite remember which one, guess it was Ju88A) was not suppressing ground units, even not able to attack them.
That's a Ju 88D, which is a recon plane with no attack capability. It should be used for air recon thanks to its good spotting range.

I absolutely love the event messages. Though, a pair of typos are still present (one I have seen just at the end of the first message text of Barbarossa that follows the briefing, the word "manGage" in the last frase. That one is visible. Another in the library, somewhere, does not matter much, just mentioning).
Yes, English is not my first language and I am sure there are also some other unintended typing or grammatical errors due to the large amounts of text that I added. I found and fixed the one you mentioned, but I cannot really fix something that is just there, somewhere...

Now the question. Do major victories in France or the Balkans give any special opportunities, or the only difference is the amount of the prestige rewards?
No. It is only the extra experience and prestige.

And could someone please clarify for me the close defence? It has just dawned on me....
I guess the game manual is a good place to start: :wink:
CLOSE DEFENCE
Unit’s defence rating when it is being shot at from short distance. In this situation the enemy can exploit any weak spots in the unit’s protection, and so the Close Defence is often much less than its Ground Defence. In close terrain (like cities, forests and mountains) infantry always shoots against the opponent’s Close Defence rating.

This makes infantry especially dangerous in close terrain. Also, Close Defence is used if the unit is ambushed by the enemy.
6.11. CLOSE TERRAIN
Close terrain types (like cities, forests and mountains) are special because they make it difficult to use long-range weapons. This is modelled by the fact that each terrain imposes a certain initiative cap on the fighting unit’s initiative. Infantry is specifically trained to fight in close terrain, and their initiative rating reflects their training, not the range of their weapons, so infantry units are immune to the initiative cap.

Also, close terrain makes it easier for infantry to exploit weak spots in an enemy unit’s protection, so in such terrain infantry units shoot against the opponent’s close defence rating.

So in general, close terrain is for infantry and open or clear terrain is for tanks, either on attack or in defense. So for the defense of close terrain you should use infantry, ideally with defensive artillery and AA behind it. You should only use tanks in cities in emergency or against other tanks or if there is no enemy infantry nearby.
I felt weird for my beleifs to find out that a BT7 might be that dangerous for a PZIV... Even with Dice chess... And to find out that the Brest fort can be actually destroyed in one turn just applying Karl, another arty, one infantry unit from a river (!) and just one more AT unit coming from the south.
The early Pz.IV variants were not suppposed to be used aginst enemy tanks, they only had a short barrel 75 mm gun which fired low velocity shells with poor armour penetration. The early Pz.IV was to be used against infantry and the Pz.III was to be used against enemy tanks. (However, in the late variants they swopped their role.) Nevertheless, the early Pz.IV was generally better than most Soviet tanks, except for the T-34/KV tanks, but was also vulnerable to the lighter Soviet tanks and AT guns at 500 m or bellow due to its poor armour protection, especially in the sides (20-30 mm). In the later versions its armour was also increased.

Historically Brest was held for one week and in this mode one turn means two weaks, so if you can take it in the first turn it is absolutely all right. Other city fortresses like Odessa or Sevastopol were held much longer and they are depicted in the mod accordingly.

Actually I have heard several times (including in the University) and have read as well that the crazy numbers of the soviet divisions in 1941 just existed on paper for deception reasons, to scare off the nazis.
I think those "paper division" were there, but were just not mobilized. The fact is that the Red Army managed to raise a staggering amount of new divisons out of nothing in the first year of the war despite the horrendous territorial and human losses. Which means they DID have the necessary supplies, resources, weapons, officers and NCOs, etc. in 1941. The German's only hope was a quick collapse of the communist regime which did not happen - "we just have to kick in the door and the whole rotten building will collapse..."

Edit: Ahahahha I know! Just put a structure that has a precise icon of a full 10 KV-1 near Moscow, that has parameters of pure 0-s, so to be destroyed with one sneeze!
Interesting idea, but the problem is it would make the mod a bit unbalanced as it would only work for those who do make air recon, but do not check the actual stats of the unit or do not read this forum here...
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
fixative
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by fixative »

I just downloaded mod... and im going to try it. I love hexa grand strategy maps (my addiction to hexa maps started with Commander: Europe at War... it was my 1st Slitherine game ever) :)
Yrfin

Post by Yrfin »

McGuba wrote: Historically Brest was held for one week and in this mode one turn means two weaks, so if you can take it in the first turn it is absolutely all right.
Organaized defend was gone about week. But separate and isolated groups was fighting about month. Last commander Major Gavrilov was captured 23.07.41.
Ag0range wrote:Does that really mean that the tanks are virtually unable to defend themselves but in plains? And are these almost helpless in all the woods and all the hills? I always used to think (from the Civilization series ahahha) that defending in the hills, in the woods and in the cities is an excellent idea and is much more secure that in the open fields... So that is the reason I always suffer horrible tank losses, right?
In real war tanks not good in close combat and street fighting. (Historical: Warsaw siege 1939. 4 Panzer Division lost about half own tanks after enter in Warsaw street fighting.)
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

Tanks aren't good where visibility is obstacled somewhat: in cities, hills, forests. They cannot use all of their firepower and may be attacked from much close distance than on the plain terrain.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Yrfin wrote:
McGuba wrote: Historically Brest was held for one week and in this mode one turn means two weaks, so if you can take it in the first turn it is absolutely all right.
Organaized defend was gone about week. But separate and isolated groups was fighting about month. Last commander Major Gavrilov was captured 23.07.41.
Yes, it was indeed heroic, but at this scale, where one infantry unit normally represents 2-4 infantry divisions or an army corps, individual heroism cannot really be simulated.
fixative wrote:I just downloaded mod... and im going to try it. I love hexa grand strategy maps (my addiction to hexa maps started with Commander: Europe at War... it was my 1st Slitherine game ever) :)
Good luck! And prepare for the Russian winter. It will always be worse than you would think.
ImageImage
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

I may add that as a coincedence (or God's will if you wish) the winters of the years 39-40, 40-41 and 41-42 were one of the coldest in the XX century in Europe. These were very cold in Russia even by the Russian standards of the time and almost unimaginable in the contemporary global warming standards. Right now the temperature in Moscow is around zero Celsius, in St.Petersburg it's +3 Celsius and no snow at all, green grass on the lawns. In December 1941 it was far below 30 degrees and even up to 40 degrees sometimes.
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

Finally!
Timerun for turn 50 DV achived! (Rommel difficulty, Dice chess)
As 1.7, again 1.8 got much harder and many-many reloads (several times beyond turn 40) needed to earn this victory.
As already said with the Normandy save, the mod got many nice, new features, so it was not boring, even that I play it from v1.0. :)

The replay file can be viewed, although you need also install several files edited by me: a few icons and the equipment and efx file (included in the pack). Do not forget to rename it first the extension from DOC to ZIP and unzip it!
McGuba, I would ask you, if you have time to make the strat map pix also for this one!

What else? I introduced in my version the desert camo paintings! All Western Allied machines and most of Axis fighting vehicles have a switchable option to turn them into desert camo paintings!
As usual, I have a slightly different stats for most armored vehicles in the game for more realistic play.

Download:
https://panzercorps.wordpress.com/2016/ ... play-file/

Last edited by Uhu on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Now let see the experiences, possible bugs in 1.8. Of course it is partly, because I played it till turn 50 and from turn 74.

Experiences:
- The new fuel problem brings a nice new challenge. While it makes things harder, it can managed with the planned navigating of Battleships (and
capturing the needed harbors).
- The possibility to take Archangelsk with the Finns from the west is easier, on the other hand, it sounds much more realistic.
- *Some Spoilers!* The enemy is much more active in many places: in the region of Archangelsk, SE of Moscow - this location gave me some little crisis already in mid 1942 as I did not built a strong defense belt, thinking it will be as passive as earlier. Also I faced a strong armored counter-attack east of Leningrad - luckily I had a few inf there, supported by a lonely 105mm battery, which was enough to hold them off. Also this time, the Rostov "bastion" was also attacked! This is random, mostly the AI do not touch a level 5-8 entrenched inf, or even better PzGren unit in a city, or forest (This is the cause, why the player need to capture Rostov and the rest of the defending line for the 1942/43 winter as soon as possible, to put inf defenders on the right places and let them time to entrech themselfes as deep as possible!). But this time, shockingly for me, it did and I had a really hard time to send an arty to protect the weakened defenders, while protecting the arty too.
- Since 1.7 I use really almost every armored units, even after 1941. Because of the short timeline (50 turn), I cannot switch the location of the power, I have to simulatiously fight well on all fronts! The Pz IIC's are still good for fighting soft targets and weakened light armor. The Pz 38(t)E's with their AD 10 are excellent inf killer, great light armor destroyer and they even have a chance hitting T-34's. Only the captured French armor, the Pz 35(t)'s and the UE tracked 37mm Pak unit are no more usable and can be sacrificed in the winter terror of 1942/43.
- I still not need to upgrade any 75mm AT to StuG. It is extreme lot of prestige, while the price/value is not such higher than the regular
working, mostly horse transported 75mm AT guns
- Weather is a critical factor in random 1-2-day-raining events, which brings lucky possibilities to the player - always a really nice aspect of the mod to adapt to all types of weather and weathered terrain and use of their benefits and keep attention to their negative effects.
- The circumstances in the Black Sea got also harder. Now it need more careful planning and adding supporting air force to make a successful landing in the western shores of the caucasus. Which is not always needed, but for the timerun in was very important.
- The Mediterranian theater got a big change. With the more Italian cruisers it got easier, because we have a lot more artillery. With careful use, upstreght and with heavy air support the Italian fleet is a war changing asset! The 25 fuel crisis makes the Battleships harder to use, but with smart management and capturing the needed harbors, they can be used still great! I was shocked with the 3-move tractor for the Italian 105mm arty, but actually it was enough with the rest of the obsolote Italian arty to use them till Alexandria and till Cairo and partly till the Middle East. The big change is that there are no more "free meals": no more ungarded airfields and because of guarding recon units, Cairo cannot be attacked by parachutes from southeast - we need to fight our way through Alexandria and capture at least the centre of Cairo for victory. I think it is also more realistic. On the other hand, Cyprus is no more needed to be captured. The shore region of the Middle East is about the same, only the geographics has changed. Here, the challenge is to use the thin resources smart. Plus defend the strong British counterattack, if they coming that way! :O
- The third pack of Italian units, which will be available after Torch is almost impossible to transport through the sea to Tunis - or maximum with heavy losses. But I found a solution for it: I transported earlier other AA units to the near of Tunis and I transported the later available Italian units to other theaters with train! :)
- England got definitely harder! With the rebuilding Radar stations and even more Bunkers, you have really a hard time to find a way to invade the Brits! On the other hand I was really happy that the annoying, moving M7 arty unit and the even more annoying, form the London bay area everything shooting heavy cruiser is gone from this version!
- Because of the absence of ungarded airfields and regions, it is now really a big challenge to use the parachutes and Brandenburgers effectively (if you play it realistic and do not make airdrops in bad weather and also calculate the fuel 60 limit for the planes). I found only one spot for them: I dropped them sothwest of Grozny to clear the way for my main force heading to the Middle East, while avoiding the Soviet oil fields (I did not have the time to capture them with them).
- With the LOS 3 of the Western Allied destroyers, naval warfare got also much harder and more challangeable! On the other hand, it makes the convoy war - without the support of Axis capital ships or airforce - already loosing in mid 1942. It was, even with "recon-reloads" a hell in @ss to even navigating a lonely u-boat to the 5 hex near to the convoy routes. And after the winter came, I tried to sneak on the convoy route, but my tiny sub got only chance to live for one turn even so. :(
- The new type of partisans are great! They are more realistic also with so. Partisan war in the Balkans got also harder, although not in the first 50 turn. Chetniks are nice asset.
- Having rare Axis units with lower strenght than 10 makes the game also harder. The captured T-34, which was a good unit earlier, now is a mediocre and need to be more protected.
- NOTE: on Rommel diff, penalties - bombing, partisans - are halfed! So if you are playing right, you have to add the additonal penalties with prestige cheat. (Or even better: avoid them! :) )

Bugs, questions, suggestions:
- Normal dived subs should have the contact trait. It would be more realistic and they would have more chance against the LOS 3 destroyers (and everything else. Probably some balance tuning is needed for that.
- As I found out in the internet, there were a very few British Meteors existing over Europe. Even they did not make a fight with Germans. So, I would suggest to take them out and replace them with more experienced Tempests, or Tempests with heroes.
- RSO movers are still too expensive, no use to upgrade them. I would suggest 25 max 30 prestige price.
- With the traits now showed in the unit character sheet, the ROF numbers could be also created to be showed.
- In the Nile delta there are some confusing river/swamp hexes - it shows "Nile river" and also a river icon is there, but the terrains are swamps.
- Upgrade chart is nice, but exact date should be wrote there (or even the turn).
- At least the Allied forces in Tunis should be go to passive mode after the peace.
- "Tirpitz unsuccessful attack by manned torpedos" message should be cancelled, if major objective in England is captured.
- I did not got any message after I captured two more oil fields. It would be useful. I also do not know, if this effect also works, if I capture a Soviet and a British oil field (from an earlier reload I remember so, that it does not make the effect).
- Recon planes, but especially the Ju88D's need an additional recon symbol to their icons, because they can be really easily mistached with the rest of the Ju88's.
- It would be helpful, if the different inf units would have different names. Why? While transporting, it avoids confusion, when you see, what type of inf sits in the train.
- Units with hero values shall be also named in their names.
-> I always start the game renaming all the given units: PzGren (Mot, 6-Mot),(Tr), Pioniere, GebJäger, Brückenpioniere, Art (horse), (horse+), (Mot), (Tr), Security Inf, Reserve Inf. Heroes: +2A, +1D, +3I, +M, +S
- Why was a forest grown next to Voronezh east? :) I just curious, it does not makes a big difference.

+++ Great new version, still a wonderful mod, congratulations and thanks for it!! 8)
steelwarrior
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by steelwarrior »

Awesome mod - do you plan something like this for order of battle also?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

steelwarrior wrote:Awesome mod - do you plan something like this for order of battle also?
McGuba did not play yet with OOB, but I did. It could be a great game, it has many new, exciting feautures, but overall it is a Kindergarten compared to BE. I would see a game - and I would gladly join the dev crew! - which joins the good aspects of PzC: BE, OOB and Gary Grigsby's War series together with some extras. I think it would be the ultimate WW 2 strat game! So, we need just a few programmers and graphicians. :)
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

What do you mean with BE? I like decisive campaigns also and Gary GHrigsbys is great to - but I want more decisions like in the DC series :-D
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

BE - Battlefield: Europe. What is DC series? :)
steelwarrior wrote:What do you mean with BE? I like decisive campaigns also and Gary GHrigsbys is great to - but I want more decisions like in the DC series :-D
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

decisive campaigns in Matrix - newest one Barbarossa ;-D Lots of cool desicions and people management...counter wise in between BE and GG WiTE and totally agree on BE...
Ag0range

Post by Ag0range »

Uhu wrote: - It would be helpful, if the different inf units would have different names. Why? While transporting, it avoids confusion, when you see, what type of inf sits in the train.
- Units with hero values shall be also named in their names.
-> I always start the game renaming all the given units: PzGren (Mot, 6-Mot),(Tr), Pioniere, GebJäger, Brückenpioniere, Art (horse), (horse+), (Mot), (Tr), Security Inf, Reserve Inf. Heroes: +2A, +1D, +3I, +M, +S
As far as I remeber, you can rename units with Alt-N. On the other hand, as McGuba stated, one unit represents a couple of divisions on this scale, that is why naming a unit for an individual hero looks weird, though, handy for game reasons. For my taste, it diminishes the flavor, though, that is why I never rename units, or just rename some really outstanding ones. The same might go with recon Ju88Ds - you can put some semi funny name for them not to confuse them.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Yrfin

Post by Yrfin »

What do you think about add features in Battlefield 1.9 :
1. Ability buy Mobile Würzburg Radar (weight 1500 kg-transport SdKfz 10) and add Fw 200C-4 trait Radar (from Feb 1942). It was in real.
2. Ability buy railroad version Panhard 178(f)/BA-64(r) and Armoured Trains (for anti-partisan purpose)
3. Ability buy and paradrop Strongpoints (for winter defense in Russia for example)?

What do you think about change:
- move to 0 for heavy artillery (15 cm and more)
- make AT switchable to "ambush" mode (move 0 / ini +1/ camo) ?
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Uhu wrote:- Normal dived subs should have the contact trait. It would be more realistic and they would have more chance against the LOS 3 destroyers (and everything else. Probably some balance tuning is needed for that.
I do not really understand, but I guess you mean they should get the camo trait when in periscope depth. Actually I am quite happy with the U-boats now. They are better when used in larger groups or when supported by the Fw-200 and/or another long range strat bomber. You can check the 42 and 43 save games: in my historical test play I managed to keep 3 U-boats on the convoy routes in late 1942 with 6 more on the way or moving back to base which is quite close to historical facts.
- As I found out in the internet, there were a very few British Meteors existing over Europe. Even they did not make a fight with Germans. So, I would suggest to take them out and replace them with more experienced Tempests, or Tempests with heroes.
Yes, it is completely true, and I did order all the Meteors to patrol British airspace, but sadly the AI did not follow my orders. :twisted: Sometimes the AI has its own ways...
- RSO movers are still too expensive, no use to upgrade them. I would suggest 25 max 30 prestige price.
Probably true, even having more presitge playing on General, sometimes I hesitated to upgrade to these. And in some cases it is not even the prestige, but the time required for the upgrade is insufficient, those guns being so busy during the decisive year of 1943.
- With the traits now showed in the unit character sheet, the ROF numbers could be also created to be showed.
Yes, I was very disappointed when they did not add it, even though I and others repeatedly asked for it. :evil: We also asked for the hero modifiers to be shown, but all in vain. That's why I just added another chart to the library:
sample11.jpg
sample11.jpg (238.2 KiB) Viewed 4143 times
- In the Nile delta there are some confusing river/swamp hexes - it shows "Nile river" and also a river icon is there, but the terrains are swamps.
It is intentional, a compromise to stop naval units from sailing up the Nile river (as it would be the case as if it was canal/strait all over). It cannot be a river terrain either, as then during the winter it could freeze and ground units could move through it too fast. So I just ended up making those coastal hexes swamp. :|
- Upgrade chart is nice, but exact date should be wrote there (or even the turn).
Oh, come one, are you serious? It is already a big help for orientation, but even real commanders had no idea when to expect a certain new type to reach the front in numbers. Probably the nicest example is the battle of Kursk, which was postponed because there were not enough new Panthers and Ferdinands available. But Me 262s and Type XXI U-boats were also expected much earlier. IMO it is more than enough to know if a certain type will soon be available for upgrade or purchase. Bear in mind that the majority of players are not "50 turn time-runners" like you, :wink: when each and every turn matters.
- At least the Allied forces in Tunis should be go to passive mode after the peace.
Sure, but there is no AI zone to do so. :(

They can be regarded as a renegade army of a stubborn general like Patton or de Gaulle, who just does not give it up.
- "Tirpitz unsuccessful attack by manned torpedos" message should be cancelled, if major objective in England is captured.
True, will fix it.
- I did not got any message after I captured two more oil fields. It would be useful. I also do not know, if this effect also works, if I capture a Soviet and a British oil field (from an earlier reload I remember so, that it does not make the effect).
Probably, yes, it would be helpful. All 5 oil fields on the map has the same AI zone, so it does not matter which ones you take.
- Recon planes, but especially the Ju88D's need an additional recon symbol to their icons, because they can be really easily mistached with the rest of the Ju88's.
Yeah, probably would help. Somewhere I saw small binocular symbols, I like them, probably that would be the best. Also, some players are seemingly not aware that they are recon planes: :oops:
Ag0range wrote:Was really surprised that one of the Ju88 (do not quite remember which one, guess it was Ju88A) was not suppressing ground units, even not able to attack them. The only possible target for that one are the cities.
So yes, something should be done here.
- It would be helpful, if the different inf units would have different names. Why? While transporting, it avoids confusion, when you see, what type of inf sits in the train.
I think you are right. For example 15. PzGrn would be better than just 15. Inf.

I noticed your naming system in the replay that you sent and I generally like it. The devs did not make hero modifiers and stuff more visible, so it looks like we have to do it now. But I would also preserve the original numbers so probably will merge the two.
- Why was a forest grown next to Voronezh east? :) I just curious, it does not makes a big difference.
Because there seems to be one:
sample12.jpg
sample12.jpg (81.04 KiB) Viewed 4143 times
steelwarrior wrote:Awesome mod - do you plan something like this for order of battle also?
As far as I know OOB does not allow such large maps. Even if it would I do not really see the point in doing the same once again.

Yrfin wrote:What do you think about add features in Battlefield 1.9 :
1. Ability buy Mobile Würzburg Radar (weight 1500 kg-transport SdKfz 10) and add Fw 200C-4 trait Radar (from Feb 1942). It was in real.
As I know the smaller Würzburg had a shorter range. Even the bigger Würzburg Riese, which is depicted in the mod, had a rather modest range (70 km which means 3 hex in the mod) and I guess any smaller than that would be pretty much useless (the smaller mobile Würzburg had a range of 29 km which in the mod should be only one hex).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C3%BCrzburg_radar
2. Ability buy railroad version Panhard 178(f)/BA-64(r) and Armoured Trains (for anti-partisan purpose)
The Panhard 178 was not used in large numbers and its production most likely ceased in October 1940. I was thinking to add armoured trains for a while, but decided not to as these would make anti-partisan war a little too easy in my opinion. Historically tens of thousands of German and Minor Axis troops were deployed for anti-partisan duty, mainly to patrol the railroads with more or less success. I guess this part is well simulated in the mod and the addition of such armoured trains would brake the existing balance and would make partisan war easier than it is, relieving many of those anti-partisan units.
3. Ability buy and paradrop Strongpoints (for winter defense in Russia for example)?
I do not think it is a good idea to add paradrop Strongpoints. I never heard anything like that doubt it would be feasble in real life in large numbers.
What do you think about change:
- move to 0 for heavy artillery (15 cm and more)
- make AT switchable to "ambush" mode (move 0 / ini +1/ camo) ?
These ideas are more valid. Before v1.8 I was thinking to add camo trait to towed AT guns, but dropped the idea in the end. I think most players would not like it, just as they generally did not like naval mines with camo trait. I might add it later, though.

In my first mod for Panzer General many years ago I gave heavy artillery 0 movement. It would be interesting to add it to PzC as well, but again, I think most players would not like it as they got used to the normal rules, and it would also further reduce the effectiveness of the AI. And yet still, I like the idea and I might add it later. It would make people use light to medium guns more often.
ImageImage
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

@ McGuba......................you are a genius for PZC and I thank you so much :)
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”