Manual says that you can upgrade your lands... but how?

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Jrandom
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Manual says that you can upgrade your lands... but how?

Post by Jrandom »

Is this feature still in the game? The manual advises that you should upgrade everything to a minimum of 2, and I have three lands that are 1s. But I have clicked on everything, nothing will trigger an upgrade. I have the 4500 gold necessary.
Will_L
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Manual says that you can upgrade your lands... but how?

Post by Will_L »

It is still there. If you run the tutorial it shows how to upgrade a province. If the tutorial crashes when you access it directly there is a workaround, start a new game and choose any nation to play then exit to main menu and start the tutorial.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

This is a bug that is fixed, but will be not in upcoming 2.12 patch, but the next patch. However, the updated Manual is accompanying upcoming patch 2.12.
Will_L
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Will_L »

lordzimoa wrote:This is a bug that is fixed, but will be not in upcoming 2.12 patch, but the next patch. However, the updated Manual is accompanying upcoming patch 2.12.
Good to know, thank you!
LoyalSoldier
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by LoyalSoldier »

I have hust completed the tutorial in the latest version. There is nothing in the tutorial that shows you how to updrade the level of your lands. Is this an omission?
Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca »

You can build buildings within provinces by clicking the upgrade button at the bottom of the campaign UI panel.
You'll need a Tier 1 building before you can build a Tier 2, and so on...

Breca
richwils

Post by richwils »

I have the same question. If a land is set at level 1, how do you upgrade it to level 2? I also saw the manual entry saying this was possible, and have gone through the tutorial on the release version where this is never shown. I'm not talking about creating buildings. I can add buildings, but the area itself is still level 1. I clicked all over the screen for multiple lands but couldn't find anything that would upgrade the land itself. Anyone know how to do this and can share this for the rest of us?

Thanks.
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

This feature was removed, and replaced with the use of buildings which offer a more customisable way to improve your lands - with upgrades you could only increase income, with buildings you can choose which aspects of the province or empire you want to improve on.

Return to “Sovereignty”