Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Erik's Campaigns

Post by prattaa »

Blitzkreig 39-40 v3.6

Eben-Emael: First objective cannot be completed.
Albert Canal: AI makes no moves on its turn.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

The current Norway scenario will get an update after Kriegsmarine is launched. There are many new naval unit types and better naval handling both for surface ships and subs that Norway could benefit from.
captainachab
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by captainachab »

Hi Erik, would you like a hand? I'm fixing all the triggers in your scenarios and modifying some values to adjust the old GC scenarios to the new OOB system. (like strategic bombers being almost useless against naval units, naval transport being useless without supply ships and the like).
I could upload the scz files when i'm done, so you can look at them and use them if you like. I'm playing Dunkirk now and I had no errors so far. (I skipped denmark though).
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

captainachab wrote:Hi Erik, would you like a hand? I'm fixing all the triggers in your scenarios and modifying some values to adjust the old GC scenarios to the new OOB system. (like strategic bombers being almost useless against naval units, naval transport being useless without supply ships and the like).
I could upload the scz files when i'm done, so you can look at them and use them if you like. I'm playing Dunkirk now and I had no errors so far. (I skipped denmark though).
Sounds interesting. What values are you modifying and which triggers have you changed?
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Erik wrote:Sounds interesting. What values are you modifying and which triggers have you changed?
It's easier to do it than to explain it :D, anyway, the archive I downloaded is "Blitzkrieg39-40_3.7"
I changed the state "failed" into "open" for every trigger that can happen multiple times in a scenario, I know it's a matter of taste but it's confusing for players because in official campaigns all objectives not yet completed are "open" (question mark).
I set the trigger frequency of capture VP events infinite (-1) so if the AI retake a VP the objective becomes open again.
Every spawn of units dependant on VP conquest has it's own trigger cause otherwise will happen multiple times.
I fixed the evacuation's triggers in Dunquerque scenario: now the designited units go to their destination, disembark and exit the map. In the same scerario I swapped strategic bombers with tactical bombers cause the first are useless against naval units in OOB.
I added some supply ship spawns in sedan map because otherwise would be impossible to ferry the land units across the river.
I fixed some trigger that check the supply connection and some thet check units killed.
Aslo I changed supply points where needed to spend all command points and added some deploy hex for air units. Sometimes in scenarios where the use of paratroopers is possible I added land deploy hex on airfields.
Moreover I changed the income per turn: in the official campaign the human player income is ten times that of the AI and more, I believe to prevent a war of attrition and the chasing of routed units all across the map, so I made it even. (a compromise)
There are more changes but what matters are fixed triggers.(for example in Arras the trigger for Lille should change the state of the objective at the scenario turn limit, so you used a "check turn" but the trigger event is "Capture VP event" so a victory is possible only if you capture Lille in the last turn.)
I completed the campaign today with Maginot, so, if you like it, I could upload my files somewhere, they could be useful to fix some triggers if anything.
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

@captainachap
I had the same plan like you, but I somehow got too distracted and ended up creating a completely new campaign that will most likely still take a while. Creating maps somehow takes less time than looking for proper event pictures…
Just upload your version to dropbox, mediafire, or somewhere, and I’m sure that others like me will appreciate your work. I’m not the biggest fan of these original triggers either. :P
Maybe create a new topic in the main-forum for everyone to find quickly. Reporting issues in only the original Blitzkrieg 1939-40 topic could possibly cause some confusion, but maybe Eric doesn’t care. It just gets a bit inconvenient with updates of two different authors.
Kriegsmarine addon is currently in beta-testing, so don’t be disappointed by the possible lack of feedback at moment.
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Horst,
I was disappointed with the official Blitzkrieg Campaign, so short, so I tried Erik conversion of the old Grand Campaign but I was unable to accomplish a Major victory yet in Pozdam due to errors. Then I read your posts and Erik's replies so I became curious about the editor...
I shared you concerns about using your own core units in smaller maps, having rewards for secondary objectives and so on but I am also very grateful to Erik for the time and the effort.
At present I'm hitting a wall with Crete (like Norway before), I would like to change many things but then again this is Erik's work. I'm reluctant to upload someone else's work modified by me, even less without his consent. I meant to share the scenarios with fixed triggers with Erik so he could update the campaign on the Custom Campaign Topic, this would be better and less confusing for everyone. That said I could message a link to the files to you if you like and give a hand to Erik if he needs it.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

captainachab

Please provide a download link and I'll check the scenarios.
The current version for that campaign is 3.9 so I would need to redo your changes in my 3.9 scenarios.
Appreciate the work, always happy for anything that will improve the campaign.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

With all due respect to the captain, I will continue to look for Erik's Seal of Approval on these campaigns! :wink:
- Bru
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Erik
I just downloaded ver 3.9, i will revise that and upload it
soloje_ssl
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by soloje_ssl »

Could you explain how to play this campaign?
I copied it to " My games/Order of ****/campaigns"
but when I did that , I can't click single player menu in game. click but nothing happen. I have to remove the file , to let "single player" available again.
even there I don 't any option to load a campaign except the official ones.
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Erik
Here are the files revised: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Aey ... GNYY2c3OTQ

-All Scenarios: Capture VP's events set to infinite (-1), bridges' destruction trigger set to “move event”, Ai activation set to “move event” when proximity is checked and capture VP event when Hex ownership, same for “check turn”, simplified supply checks, triggers for units destruction are now “combat event”
-DanzigN: supply connection check was without objective ID
-Lodz: simplified check for Totenkopf units
-Piatek: added one objective to check the scenario turn limit
-Campinoska: instead of checking if trains alive are <10, set check if trains destroyed are >8, there are 15 trains if 9 are alive 6 only are destroyed, objective states 9. Polish trains activations wrere triggered when 0 german units are within 2 hex. I believe you meant to activate them whe german units are near the trains so i changed to >0.
-Warsaw: added one scenario variable to check the artillery count
-Eben-Mael: Fortesses spawn is now separated from the VP check, simplified alive units' check: now triggers only when one unit is destroyed, added '39 Fallschirmjäger to the units definition cause the player could have some, airfields VP of the secondary objective are now silver.
-Haag: added '39 Fallschirmjäger to the units definition
-Sedan added Supply ships spawn at each ferry but just one for every area.
-Arras: added one objective to check the scenario turn limit
-Dunquerque: fixed evacuation triggers, I didn't swap the S Bombers with T bombers but i believe should be done
-Reims: added Rethel secondary objective to enable a Major victory (Rethel was a VP in GC)
-Maginot: divided fortesses spawn and VP conquest.

I left out Denmark, Norway cause you are redoing it and your last maps oslo and Narvik cause I don't have Kriegsmarine beta. I didn't change command points, supply points and income cause I read that usually people complain about scearios being too easy. I believe some starting income in each scenario should be added, like in original campaign, though.
Last edited by captainachab on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

soloje wrote:Could you explain how to play this campaign?
I copied it to " My games/Order of ****/campaigns"
but when I did that , I can't click single player menu in game. click but nothing happen. I have to remove the file , to let "single player" available again.
even there I don 't any option to load a campaign except the official ones.
I believe you can't launch the campaign cause you don't have Kriegsmarine DLC, Erik used it for Oslo and narvik scenarios. These are my assumptions, wait for Erik's reply.
soloje_ssl

Post by soloje_ssl »

thank you for your answer
In Fact, I did what is explained and put the scenario files at the good place , I think. But when I click on the "single player" button on the extreme left ; nothing happen, I don't move to the campaign menu. "Multyplayer" button works well .
If I remove the files from the "My games/.../ Campaigns" the "Single player" button works fine again.
I m looking for the Kriesgmarin" I will try after if I find how to laod it :D
soloje_ssl

Post by soloje_ssl »

solved finaly
I erase the file and unzip it again and Yahouuu ! I have it in my menu :)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Sorry if my future Oslo and Narvik KM-scenarios caused problems.
I'll remove them and update the 39-40 campaign.
Horst

Post by Horst »

Thanks for your work, captainachap!
One day I'm going to replay the campaign with your settings... Maybe you also got time to check out the 41-42 one next.

We badly need more European units for 42+!
Language settings for sIG 38(t)M, Panther D/A/G, Tiger II and Maus are there, but the models are still missing or well hidden.
04/04 has been the release date for OOB and US Marines addon in the past. Maybe we are lucky with that date again.
If you guys have problems with the single-player menu not working then it's possible due to a wrong setting in the data.cmp file of a campaign. I already had some issues too while setting up my own little campaign-in-the-works.
Horst

Post by Horst »

I’ve created a little scenario to show how campaign-branching can be made, in particular for the PC campaigns.
This selection/branching-scenario replaces the 1Poznan scenario of the Blitzkrieg 39-40 campaign, so make a backup of the 1Poznan folder to restore it later.
Start the Blitzkrieg 39-40 campaign normally and click further to begin the first scenario.
There you can move a single tank to the primary flag that gives a victory to progress to Danzig-North, while capturing the secondary flag gives a major victory to progress to Danzig-South.
Should a smart-ass player not choose any city in 2 turns then you also get a victory that leads to Danzig-North.
Theoretically, you could also add a third option by a draw, so the player has to sit out the 2 turns or the triggers of additional cities set the objectives accordingly for whatever result you desire, including (major) defeats as fourth or even a fifth choice.
Such mini-scenarios can be included in whatever campaign as an interlude where to proceed next. The original scenarios don’t have to be changed this way.
Let’s say a player gains a major victory in an original scenario and may have the option to choose between the next regular scenario and a bonus scenario. In that case, such branching-scenario can be used on a major victory. Should the player not gain a major victory then such branching-scenario can also be skipped by the proper data.cmp file entries.
The number-order of the original campaign scenarios doesn’t have to be changed, as you can always add whatever branching-scenario afterwards. You only have to change the results in the data.cmp file accordingly to lead the player to these additional scenarios in case of only major victory conditions or no matter what previous result.
Attachments
Branching.jpg
Branching.jpg (44.02 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
1Poznan.7z
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Horst wrote:I’ve created a little scenario...
Good work! I thought a similar solution too but selecting a branching scenario by capturing a VP at the end of a battle it seemed unpratical, adding a mini-scenario is a clever solution.
Horst

Post by Horst »

Changing the original scenarios for such branches most likely messes them up too much. Such add-in mini-scenarios are possibly the only improvised, non-conflicting way for us in the near future. Better than no branching at all. I would like to have them even smaller but 10x10 is the minimum map size.
Feel free to copy my example for your own use.

Return to “News & Announcements”