Bridge interdiction bug

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
grimmelm
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Bridge interdiction bug

Post by grimmelm »

I just lost a game in which my opponent moved two units of armor from Stoumont to Ouffet (resulting in a breakthrough across the Meuse). One went directly, the other along the road through Werbomont. Since I had the only unit in Ouffet at the start of the turn, this should have been impossible:the bridge from Werbomont was supposed to have been interdicted for the entire turn. Instead, it looks like your bridge logic checks whether there is _currently_ a friendly unit in a space rather than whether there was a friendly unit in the space at the _start_ of the turn.

This is just another annoyance on a very long list. The new version is a giant step backwards from what was a polished gem of a game. Just revert the iOS game to the last Shenandoah build and leave us alone. You can have the PC/Mac players on your junky Unity reimplementation play each other using your junky multiplayer system, but don't drag the iOS version down to what is very much a lowest common denominator. And please, please, please don't trash Drive on Moscow and Desert Fox in the same way. You've done enough damage already. My gaming life is currently worse than it would be if you had never bought the Shenandoah assets.
sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Bridge interdiction bug

Post by sa_gibson »

Hear, hear!
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Yes, we check if there is currently a unit there and not at the start of the turn.
I'm not saying this is the correct way, but we didn't see a rule in Help that said otherwise.
It's just a different way to apply the rules, but I don't think it's breaking the rules.
grimmelm

Post by grimmelm »

mboog12 wrote:Yes, we check if there is currently a unit there and not at the start of the turn.
I'm not saying this is the correct way, but we didn't see a rule in Help that said otherwise.
It's just a different way to apply the rules, but I don't think it's breaking the rules.
The rules say: "Bridges bordering a space occupied only by enemy units at the start of a Turn are considered not to exist throughout that Turn - the road is cut at the river."
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Ah, you're right.
My bad, we'll fix this in a future update.
aslaksen
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by aslaksen »

In the help file, the interdict bridge rule is described in two ways. Both as "Units may not move two spaces by crossing a bridge into an
uncontested, enemy-occupied space" and "Bridges bordering a space occupied only by enemy units at the start of a Turn are considered not to exist
throughout that Turn - the road is cut at the river." As far as I can tell, these are not the same. The first rule allows me to fist move one unit and
then another. You need to change the first description, too.

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”