Burma Road so far...

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Burma Road so far...

Post by kverdon »

I was playing "Ledo Road" and suddenly the scenario ended on Turn 11 in defeat???????????????????? I was doing fine, a Japanese sneak attack killed off one of the construction units but that is only a secondary objective, I still had the other one at full strength. Why did it end it defeat unless the scenario is bugged and failing a secondary objective causes you to loose the mission because someone set the primary/secondary objective incorrectly (would not be the first time).

For Boarspear: Yes Ghandi starts in the small island in the bay but then moves to 1 of 4 random locations later.
Challie
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Challie »

bru888 wrote:
Zulkain wrote:It seems that I can no longer access any of the custom campaigns I had downloaded. They are unzipped in the same folder as they were before the update, but now when I click on single player, the button to load custom campaigns is no longer there. The custom scenarios seem to be there still, however.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
I've seen it before. You probably just need to re-install the old DLC along with your game keys (which hopefully you kept) See what I said in this thread here.
Thanks for your suggestion, Mod. reinstalling old DLC really work.
Pruitt
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Pruitt »

I am stuck in Bombay. I have not figured how to "disperse" demonstrating workers! If I try to bump them, it is considered an attack! How can you tell if you are killing too many rioters? I can get through the previous scenarios, but Bombay has stymied me!

Pruitt
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

You can attack the workers in Bombay to make them retreat. Just make sure the have a clear retreat path to follow. Just don't eliminate them.
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

It Happened again. Grrrrrrr. Was rolling along on "Lodo Road" when I had another one of those #$#&($&#$(& construction units spawn at an inopportune time for the Japanese to counterattack and destroy. Other 2 construction units were fine. I guess we also have a problem with numerical definition as well. "1 Construction Unit Must Survive". 1, Singular <2 , >0. Does not seem to hard.....
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Mojko »

Found a minor bug in Operation Krohcol. One of the secondary objectives awards you with an elite fighter. This aircraft should be spawned as an auxiliary unit, not as a core unit in the next scenario to match the objective reward description.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

Pruitt wrote:I am stuck in Bombay. I have not figured how to "disperse" demonstrating workers! If I try to bump them, it is considered an attack! How can you tell if you are killing too many rioters? I can get through the previous scenarios, but Bombay has stymied me!

Pruitt
Use the retreat mechanic. Watch the combat predictions, dont kill the unit. I found attacking them from a certain angle when dispersing them works best. For example, a worker is south of a worker quarters, you flank him, attack from the south and force retreat to the north into the quarter - unit disappears. Tanks work well, do 6 damage and always force retreat on rioters. It is tricky at first, but easy after you figured it out.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Mojko wrote:Found a minor bug in Operation Krohcol. One of the secondary objectives awards you with an elite fighter. This aircraft should be spawned as an auxiliary unit, not as a core unit in the next scenario to match the objective reward description.
I dont think this is a bug. An elite fighter for my core - I'll take it!
Mojko

Post by Mojko »

Andy2012 wrote:
Mojko wrote:Found a minor bug in Operation Krohcol. One of the secondary objectives awards you with an elite fighter. This aircraft should be spawned as an auxiliary unit, not as a core unit in the next scenario to match the objective reward description.
I dont think this is a bug. An elite fighter for my core - I'll take it!
Gaining an elite fighter aircraft to core forces is way too powerful so early, it makes fighting for air superiority much easier. I still think the original idea of the campaign design was to have the elite fighter be an auxiliary unit.

Anyway, I am very pleased with the improved performance. Loading times are much lower so I'm actually playing with 3D map instead of 2D one. Thanks so much.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

@Mojko: But it is just a Hurricane. BTW, you play in 2d? You are missing out!
Mojko

Post by Mojko »

Andy2012 wrote:@Mojko: But it is just a Hurricane. BTW, you play in 2d? You are missing out!
Yes, I played in 2D until recently because I play on my old laptop, but with the Burma road DLC (or other recent patches) the performance of the game was so much improved that I can finally switch to 3D :)
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Mojko wrote:
Yes, I played in 2D until recently because I play on my old laptop, but with the Burma road DLC (or other recent patches) the performance of the game was so much improved that I can finally switch to 3D :)
A good desktop computer does wonders for this game and if you build it yourself, it is not expensive. Just a suggestion. PM me if you need any advice.
Mojko

Post by Mojko »

Andy2012 wrote:
Mojko wrote:
A good desktop computer does wonders for this game and if you build it yourself, it is not expensive. Just a suggestion. PM me if you need any advice.
You are most kind, but I travel frequently thus laptop is an absolute must for me. There is no room for desktop on my travels. I'm really enjoying the game even if my computer is not that powerful :)
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

@Mojko: Well, there are also powerful gaming laptops available. They are just quite expensive. OoB is really greedy, but does look awesome on full details.

BTW, I finished Imphal 44 now. One big battle, but that the Japanese attacked me with a Tiger tank in the second wave felt out of place for me. Sure, it was a shocker and it was in the original game, but still...
Ledo Road - defending the construction teams was pretty hard work, but I managed now.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Hi, it is normal that in imphal i cant use my previous core units?
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:Hi, it is normal that in imphal i cant use my previous core units?
No, it is not. Are you sure you lost your core?
Imphal is held by Indian aux units, your core should be deployed around the two outer cities at the flanks.
So, did you miss those deployment areas or is your core force gone from the roster?
If it is gone, there might be a bug with the patch or you need to start with a campaign save.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

I dont have in rooster any unit, but have about 1900 points to buy new units. I tought it was a choise of programmers...
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:I dont have in rooster any unit, but have about 1900 points to buy new units. I tought it was a choise of programmers...
I dont think this was a choice. Please post your savegames (Campaignsave, Mission save etc in a zip file) and then someone might figure this out. It might take a day or two.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

Did you launch it from the campaign? Or from the scenarios list?
koopanique
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by koopanique »

Sittang Bridge is hard. After the first Indian unit passed through, I retreated all my forces across the bridge too. I didn't expect a "2nd" Indian unit to appear. I though "1st Indian unit" was short for 1st regiment or something.
I'll have to try again tomorrow. The Japanese have quite a force in this scenario.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”