Christopher Anders
2023-2024 GCC Coordinator
http://bloodsandsteel.blogspot.com
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: News

Post by petedalby »

I saw Terry Shaw at the weekend who tells me that V3 is now with the publishers. No firm release date yet but Terry is hoping that they will be available for purchase at Britcon.
Pete
Vespasian28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Vespasian28 »

Any indication post play testing of anything changed or dropped from the proposals?
ChrisTofalos
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by ChrisTofalos »

Robert241167
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Robert241167 »

Good spot Chris.

We also need the new army list books. :shock:

Rob
prb4
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by prb4 »

Why has there not been an official announcement on this forum?

It seems a bit odd.
dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by dave_r »

prb4 wrote:Why has there not been an official announcement on this forum?

It seems a bit odd.
Possibly because it has nothing to do with Slitherine? But yes, perhaps if we all lobbied Terry he might make an official announcement :)
Evaluator of Supremacy
Three

Post by Three »

dave_r wrote:
prb4 wrote:Why has there not been an official announcement on this forum?

It seems a bit odd.
Possibly because it has nothing to do with Slitherine? But yes, perhaps if we all lobbied Terry he might make an official announcement :)
Would that not also apply to this whole sub-forum (Field of Glory 3.0 Beta) ? :shock:
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 »

The man who pretty much owns Slitherine owns the rights to fog v3. So its sort of linked I think
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
philqw78

Army List Builder

Post by philqw78 »

Excel2007 version of the list builder is now on the BHGS site
It's a prototype and may have some errors. Please find them and report them here

All credit should go to Olivier Dader who built the original 10 years ago. There's no need to skin a cat twice and he did agreat job on that so it's just been massaged

One major thing. Start using the dropdowns from the left. If used in the correct order they react to what was put in previously so you only get legal combinations (ish)

Download from the Link here http://www.bhgs.org.uk/field-of-glory-a ... ieval.html - army list builder for FoG AM V3.0 -
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys »

Possibly because it has nothing to do with Slitherine? But yes, perhaps if we all lobbied Terry he might make an official announcement
I've been waiting until there's absolutely no doubt that it will be published.
There have been a lot of opportunities to 'jump the gun' over the last few months, but we are very close now.

FOGAM Version3 will be published by Caliver Books and is due at the end of September.
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/503088535/

In reply to the many questions on the release of new army lists - there will be new lists, published in 3 volumes as follows:
Volume 1: Armies from 3000 BC to 25 BC ..... all armies prior to the end of the Roman Republic.
Volume 2: Armies from 25 BC until 1049 AD ..... All armies from the beginning of Imperial Rome until just before the introduction of the Medieval Knight.
Volume 3: Armies from 1050 AD until 1500 AD .... All armies from the introduction of the Medieval knight onward.

We have merged some of the lists that have significant overlaps and scrapped a (very) small number of lists that are not really viable in building a halfway decent army, both historically and practically.
Obviously this means that there will be more lists per book. Currently there are more than 60 lists in book1, over 70 in book 2 and will be over 60 in book3 (this one hasn't been finalised yet). So there will be over 200 different lists in the 3 books.
PaulByzan
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by PaulByzan »

Terry,

Your plan below for redone army lists looks very good. Like most of the US, I switched to Art de la Guerre, in my case primarily because of the unhistorical and ridiculously straight jacked Byzantine lists which made almost all the Byzantine armies literally unplayable under FoG. Not that the Byzantine lists in ADLG are optimum but at least they are playable under the rules. Frankly, as a game I preferred FoG to any other set of ancient rules I've ever played but with my favorite armies useless under the rules I finally gave it up.

There has been an incredible explosion of military history on the Byzantines in the last 5 years which I have intensively studied. I would really appreciate if you would use me as a resource to redview the Byzantine lists prior to publication. I'd love to give FoG another try but it all depends on whether the Byzantines can be a viable list at least within their period. Let me know.

Thanks,

Paul G
terrys wrote:
Possibly because it has nothing to do with Slitherine? But yes, perhaps if we all lobbied Terry he might make an official announcement
I've been waiting until there's absolutely no doubt that it will be published.
There have been a lot of opportunities to 'jump the gun' over the last few months, but we are very close now.

FOGAM Version3 will be published by Caliver Books and is due at the end of September.
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/503088535/

In reply to the many questions on the release of new army lists - there will be new lists, published in 3 volumes as follows:
Volume 1: Armies from 3000 BC to 25 BC ..... all armies prior to the end of the Roman Republic.
Volume 2: Armies from 25 BC until 1049 AD ..... All armies from the beginning of Imperial Rome until just before the introduction of the Medieval Knight.
Volume 3: Armies from 1050 AD until 1500 AD .... All armies from the introduction of the Medieval knight onward.

We have merged some of the lists that have significant overlaps and scrapped a (very) small number of lists that are not really viable in building a halfway decent army, both historically and practically.
Obviously this means that there will be more lists per book. Currently there are more than 60 lists in book1, over 70 in book 2 and will be over 60 in book3 (this one hasn't been finalised yet). So there will be over 200 different lists in the 3 books.
Three

Post by Three »

I take it from playing about with the army builder there has there been a change of points values for some troop types?
madaxeman

Post by madaxeman »

terrys wrote:In reply to the many questions on the release of new army lists - there will be new lists, published in 3 volumes as follows:

I'm guessing that 'probable timing' and 'pricing' would be among those questions?
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark »

[quote="PaulByzan"]

There has been an incredible explosion of military history on the Byzantines in the last 5 years which I have intensively studied. I would really appreciate if you would use me as a resource to redview the Byzantine lists prior to publication. I'd love to give FoG another try but it all depends on whether the Byzantines can be a viable list at least within their period. [quote]

It would be awesome if they would use you as a resource. As I would also be hopeful they did a serious rethink of a lot of army lists.
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys »

I'm guessing that 'probable timing' and 'pricing' would be among those questions?
Certainly we need at least one set of lists to be available - preferably at the same time as the rules are released, but certainly with a week or 2.
Sadly I don't have any control over pricing.
Book1 is with the publisher and book 2 is close behind.
I'm still hopeful that we can get all 3 list books out by end of year.
madaxeman

Post by madaxeman »

terrys wrote:
Certainly we need at least one set of lists to be available - preferably at the same time as the rules are released, but certainly with a week or 2.
Sadly I don't have any control over pricing.
Book1 is with the publisher and book 2 is close behind.
I'm still hopeful that we can get all 3 list books out by end of year.
OK - so in theory Roll Call next April can be V3? And maybe even themed!
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
marty
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by marty »

I take it from playing about with the army builder there has there been a change of points values for some troop types?
If you download the excel list builder mentioned earlier you can see the points changes.

Don't know if I want to return to FOG from ADLG but will definitely give it a good look/try.

Martin
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys »

OK - so in theory Roll Call next April can be V3? And maybe even themed!
I would certainly expect so. Themes will be so much easier with usually only 1 book to browse through.
Three

Post by Three »

marty wrote:
If you download the excel list builder mentioned earlier you can see the points changes.

Don't know if I want to return to FOG from ADLG but will definitely give it a good look/try.

Martin
Perhaps I could have been clearer, I did download the army builder and played about with it, which lead me to asking if the points had been changed as I don't recall any discussion on this here - superior mounted and some foot a point more expensive, superior pike 2 points more expensive and knights 3 points more expensive. Without a context or background of discussion those seem pretty radical :D

Return to “Field of Glory 3.0 Beta”