Erik's Campaigns

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Erik's Campaigns

Post by best75 »

I played Templeton's Crossing of Kokoda campaign and a strange thing happened. When I was in the deployment phrase and placed a unit, the bridge at Templeton's Crossing exploded.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Kokoda Trail updated to v2.0

Post by Erik2 »

Completly reworked campaign.
Reduced unit density for better playability.
Core units are now a mixture of pre-deployed and purchases.
Fixed and expanded scenario objectives.
Better scenario balances.

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k8oh4idq47u8 ... 0.zip?dl=0
SSLConf_Yolo911
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SSLConf_Yolo911 »

Erik,

if you want to try it out, start a game and email me with a password and I will play you. I'm retired and can do a lot of turns each day.

yolo911@gmail.com

Larry
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

This is for single player, all campaigns custom of official are.
SSLConf_Yolo911

Post by SSLConf_Yolo911 »

crap. okay. I got excited for nothing.
captainachab
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by captainachab »

Hi Erik, I revised your campaign BLITZKRIEG (1939-40) ver. 4.4 (again :D ).
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Aey ... mg2MTlaRlk
There where many errors left, some of them I added myself in my last revision.
I made a real campaign-tree using Horst mini-scenario, I overhauled Bergen, Trondheim and Narvik so they are playable and reintroduced general Giraud in Wassigny.
In my revision, in every scenario, the enemy’s income points are few like in official campaigns: supply points on every road at the map borders together with a high enemy income forced the player to chase rooted unit all over the map and it's the reason why some player requested an adjustment of the number of turns.
Low income for the enemy allowed me to replace Italian units in Denmark and soviet units in Norway with Danish and Norwegian units at reduced strength, they ruined the immersion in my opinion.
I changed how the bridges are destroyed too, now they are blown up only when, at a turn start, an enemy unit is beyond the river on the road hexagon next to the bridge and the player’s unit is within a hexagon from the bridge. So now the player has a turn to conquer the enemy end of the bridge before is destroyed.
Finally I resized all the photographs 512 x 415 pixels and edited them to remove scratches and sepia colour.
I made a mod too to add a new general in Arras and replace one of the three campaign soundtracks.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Aey ... 1VNeDdfNVU
Take a look, hope you like it and can use it.
If you like these changes I’ll revise and upload 41-42 too.
Last edited by captainachab on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sartarius1

Post by Sartarius1 »

captainachab wrote: In my revision, in every scenario, the enemy’s income points are few like in official campaigns: supply points on every road at the map borders together with a high enemy income forced the player to chase rooted unit all over the map and it's the reason why some player requested an adjustment of the number of turns.
Thats really great IMO.

The point is, as it is made in official OOB campaigns, it is VERY tedious to hunt down broken units and you MUST finish weak off before end turn. This limits tactical descisions a lot. In official campaigns you are fighting an overwhelming forces with LIMITED reinf and it is quite balanced. I admit your campaigns are great and it is a lot of work but this point stops me from continuing.
I think you were trying to do as in PC, but units a dying A LOT (A LOT!!!) faster in PC than in OOB. I suggest to totally revise income (both player and AI) to make gameplay vanilla.
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Sartarius1 wrote: I think you were trying to do as in PC, but units a dying A LOT (A LOT!!!) faster in PC than in OOB.
Panzer Corps is totally a different game, there is no supply system, no resource system and the command points aren't proportional to the unit type.
So, if you like, you can deploy an entire army of tiger tanks and being cut off has no consequences.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

captainachab wrote:Panzer Corps is totally a different game, there is no supply system, no resource system and the command points aren't proportional to the unit type.
In Panzer Corps, you have to manage Fuel, Ammo, Replacements, Prestige.
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

terminator wrote:
captainachab wrote:Panzer Corps is totally a different game, there is no supply system, no resource system and the command points aren't proportional to the unit type.
In Panzer Corps, you have to manage Fuel, Ammo, Replacements, Prestige.
That's right and it's part of the reason why are so different games.
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Hi Erik, I revised your campaign BLITZKRIEG (1930-42) ver. 1.8 too.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Aey ... EhZR2Rtams
I made a real campaign-tree, in Demyansk and Vitebsk trains and supply carriers spawn every few turns like in original GC. There are two new air commander from Kriegsmarine campaign.
Objectives should be bug-free.
I resized and edited all the photographs for this campaign too.
Sorry if I’m being a nuisance, I did this for myself but I thought it could be useful for others as well.
Last edited by captainachab on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Just an observation with the images.
It is possible to avoid the images with Nazi swastikas (outcome_1.png for example) ?
To pay even attention with the images of prisoners.
In the official campaigns, I believe to have never seen of Nazi swastikas.
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

terminator wrote:Just an observation with the images.
It is possible to avoid the images with Nazi swastikas (outcome_1.png for example) ?
To pay even attention with the images of prisoners.
In the official campaigns, I believe to have never seen of Nazi swastikas.
You're absolutely right, however that image was chosen by Erik, usually I replaced photographs taking in account the resolution and the preservation, but I was tempted to replace some potentially offending images like the victory image for campaign 39-40 and even the intro-text for campaign 41-42 where an uncomfortable personality is mentioned.
If Erik agrees I can replace them.
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

I updated both Blitzkrieg campaigns: BLITZKRIEG (1939-40) ver. 4.4 and BLITZKRIEG (1931-42) ver. 1.8.
In 39-40 I forgot Wassigny’s images, in 14-42 there where many errors left.
To add the new commander I used for both Campaigns a mod it’s needed:

I played all the scenarios but Rethimnon, Iraklio, Zhitomir, Zhurivka, Zolotonosha and Sevastopol Siege. All the others are bug-free. (I believe those I didn’t play too)
I reduced enemy income in all scenarios to the official campaigns' level but I didn’t increase the player’s resource points as well.
To accomplish major victories at Major difficulty I had to cheat the resources but I don’t know how good a player I am so I left player’s resources untouched.
There are no more images with swastikas or moustached dictators.
I updated the links in previous posts too.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I'm completly OK with other players modding my custom scenarios and campaigns.
But I do not have time to test these mods and thus will not replace my scenarios with modded ones.
You are of course free to publish your versions.

Graphics:
I usually try to use historical victory/loss pictures related to each scenario.
Pictures may include swasticas or Adolf H. I have no problems with this, it is part of history.
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Erik2 wrote:I'm completly OK with other players modding my custom scenarios and campaigns.
But I do not have time to test these mods and thus will not replace my scenarios with modded ones.
You are of course free to publish your versions.

Graphics:
I usually try to use historical victory/loss pictures related to each scenario.
Pictures may include swasticas or Adolf H. I have no problems with this, it is part of history.
ok, thanks for your work!
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

captainachab wrote:I updated both Blitzkrieg campaigns: BLITZKRIEG (1939-40) ver. 4.4 and BLITZKRIEG (1931-42) ver. 1.8.

I played all the scenarios but Rethimnon, Iraklio, Zhitomir, Zhurivka, Zolotonosha and Sevastopol Siege. All the others are bug-free. (I believe those I didn’t play too)
I reduced enemy income in all scenarios to the official campaigns' level but I didn’t increase the player’s resource points as well.
To accomplish major victories at Major difficulty I had to cheat the resources but I don’t know how good a player I am so I left player’s resources untouched.
BLITZKRIEG 1931-42 and 14-42 (WWI and WWII ?) : very interesting :!: :wink:
JaW
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by JaW »

captainachab wrote:I updated both Blitzkrieg campaigns: BLITZKRIEG (1939-40) ver. 4.4 and BLITZKRIEG (1931-42) ver. 1.8.

Thank a mil, captainachab :!:

I am enjoying Erick's campaign, but couldn't get over a scenario Den Haag. There is some bug and scenario didn't load. Fixed after your update. Again, thank s a lot both of you. This campaign is fantastic! :wink:
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

Hi Erik Campaign fans,

I found a couple problems in scenario branches. One I could solve. One I could not.

1) Philippines Campaign (April 1 2017 version) FIXED

The game could not open the 4 San Jose campaign and would crash after 3 Tayug. Opening data.cmp with a text editor showed the Jose with the accent mark was being read as some other character. Changing all instances of accented e to regular e (in scenario title too) fixed the problem. The font problem might be system related. I use a Mac with OS Sierra (the latest as of Fall 2017)

2) Sea Lion Campaign (Aug 21, 2017 version)

For some reason, the campaign goes from the Luton scenario to the London Siege scenario directly. The branch and scenario file names in data.cmp seem right, so not sure why. Here is data:

[BRANCHES]
0 = Channel Islands
1 = Eagle Attack
2 = Dover, Brighton, Gibraltar
3 = Canterbury
4 = Gravesend
5 = Thames
6 = Basildon
7 = Luton
8 = Brighton
9 = Newick
10 = Guildford
11 = Reading
12 = Farnborough
13 = Milton Keynes
14 = Gibraltar
15 = Lyme
16 = Minehead
17 = Plymouth
18 = Shepton
19 = Bristol
20 = London Assault
21 = London Seige
22 = Oxford
23 = Coventry
24 = Irish Sea, North Sea
25 = North Sea
26 = Hadrian Wall
27 = Antonine Wall
28 = Orkney Islands
29 = Reykjavik

[Luton]
location = 1.2,-4.518
scenario = 7Luton
specs = germany, 3
specs = kriegsmarine, 3
result = -2,-2,20,20,20
core = wehrmacht 1.2,-4.518
flag = britain 0.197,-3.674
arrow = 10,10,120 0.512,-3.849 1.2,-4.518

[London Siege]
location = 1.277,-5.343
scenario = 21LondonS
specs = germany, 3
specs = kriegsmarine, 3
result = -2,-2,22,22,22
core = wehrmacht 1.606,-4.364
flag = britain 1.277,-5.343
arrow = 10,10,120 1.277,-5.343 1.624,-4.656

And again, thank you so much Erik for bringing us these wonderful Panzer Corp scenarios. They give me about 6 hours a day of pleasure.

Curtis Kelly
Aaric

Post by Aaric »

Hi!^^ I have a problem with Sea-Lion, the Gibraltar branch... first, I cannot carry over any Italian units to the next scenario and second, at Plymouth scenario, i cannot finish the mission... when I move a unit on the Plymouth flag, the unit doesn´t move but the flag chanced to German... with a second move attemp, my unit got on the flagfield, but the field remains english sovereign territory, will say, on map the field is still marked with blue border.... and when I click "turn end", with all objectives acquired, nothing happens... dead end... even "#igotnukes" didn´t worked... any solution for this issue? A last issue for Plymouth is, that for secondary objective "sink british naval vessels" I sank all 3 warships, but the scenario only counted my first kill.. the other two not...

Return to “News & Announcements”