Tens of New Units to Steel Legion and All Space Marines

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Re: Tens of New Units to Steel Legion and All Space Marines

Post by deranzo »

airbornemongo101 wrote:K..thx
Link re-uploaded. You can download it now.
it is a good day to die
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Got it..thx for the reset and the hard work
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

airbornemongo101 wrote:Got it..thx for the reset and the hard work
Your welcome.
I'm here to serve Emperor's citizens! :D
it is a good day to die
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

deranzo wrote: - All Steel Legion and Space Marines' healths are tripled and added 10-20 more defence. Its overpowered in normal but still you can die quickly in very hard difficult if you don't make strategic tactics.
Love the new units and sound mod, but this one's a game breaker. I completed a campaign on hard without losing a single unit and that's by using mostly the steel legion. They are now so resilient that you don't even need space marines anymore, although I'll admit it's fun romping around with a warlord titan making those cool sounds.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Shrike wrote:
deranzo wrote: - All Steel Legion and Space Marines' healths are tripled and added 10-20 more defence. Its overpowered in normal but still you can die quickly in very hard difficult if you don't make strategic tactics.
Love the new units and sound mod, but this one's a game breaker. I completed a campaign on hard without losing a single unit and that's by using mostly the steel legion. They are now so resilient that you don't even need space marines anymore, although I'll admit it's fun romping around with a warlord titan making those cool sounds.
Yeah this mod isn't reality mod actually. I have made this for very hard difficulty. But you can change units' health and armor whatever you like with unit editor in scenerio editor.
You can even publish that version of my mod as a new teworked version with more realistic values. Feel free to edit it.
it is a good day to die
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

How did I not discover this mod before now? :D
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

I must say I enjoy some of the new units, but the number of health on Imp units is very high.

9 for a Salamander? 54 for a titan?

The game was already rather easy, even on high difficulty.

Not sure I understand this change.
Green Knight
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

In terms of graphics some new units blend in perfectly, like the new LR variants.

But some of the new stuff, like the Firesword and upgraded Stormhammer look quite different.
Green Knight
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

nexusno2000 wrote:In terms of graphics some new units blend in perfectly, like the new LR variants.

But some of the new stuff, like the Firesword and upgraded Stormhammer look quite different.
I had to cut and paste some parts from other units to create new units. They may look weird. And I took most of models from internet to use them in game. They look more weird according to base units. But thats all I can do, unfortunetly I'm not a 3d modeller.

Also I will update mod with even more new units and unit value changes to make it little more harder.
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

I have updated mod with more new units and decreased all Imperium's units healths because it was too overpowered even in very hard difficulty.
it is a good day to die
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

deranzo wrote:I have updated mod with more new units and decreased all Imperium's units healths because it was too overpowered even in very hard difficulty.
I'll have a look :)
Green Knight
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

nexusno2000 wrote:
deranzo wrote:I have updated mod with more new units and decreased all Imperium's units healths because it was too overpowered even in very hard difficulty.
I'll have a look :)
If you still think units are too powerful, I will modify them even more.
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

I have reseted healths and defences to original values. Then, increased healths 1 point. Some heavy/super heavy vehicles, heavy walkers, titans healths' are increased 2-3 points.
Defences are same as original and new units' healths and defences are modified according to base units.
Now all units have Almost same health as original ones.
it is a good day to die
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

deranzo wrote:I have reseted healths and defences to original values. Then, increased healths 1 point. Some heavy/super heavy vehicles, heavy walkers, titans healths' are increased 2-3 points. Defences are same as original and new units' healths and defences are modified according to base units. Now all units have Almost same health as original ones.
Testing this on last single scenario. Much better and interesting :D But i can't find some of the units from preview. No mechanicum units, no SM infantry. Can you unlock them for single scenarios? Ordinatus Ulator have only 3 hp :) I think it's mistake. Also game crashing when i pick one of the following units: Questoris Knight Magaera, Cerastus Knigt Costigator, Acastus Knight Porphyrion and Warlord Titan (Plasma Annihilator) (last 4 titans).

And this small bug:
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:
deranzo wrote:I have reseted healths and defences to original values. Then, increased healths 1 point. Some heavy/super heavy vehicles, heavy walkers, titans healths' are increased 2-3 points. Defences are same as original and new units' healths and defences are modified according to base units. Now all units have Almost same health as original ones.
Testing this on last single scenario. Much better and interesting :D But i can't find some of the units from preview. No mechanicum units, no SM infantry. Can you unlock them for single scenarios? Ordinatus Ulator have only 3 hp :) I think it's mistake. Also game crashing when i pick one of the following units: Questoris Knight Magaera, Cerastus Knigt Costigator, Acastus Knight Porphyrion and Warlord Titan (Plasma Annihilator) (last 4 titans).

And this small bug:
I will see these bugs immediately.

Ordinatus health is actually true because deathstrike launcher health is 2. Since its not a Ordinatus Majoris, having 3 health on Ulator seems plausible to me? =)
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Hey, Parallax, please just download data.rar file in download section. I have fixed game crashing.
By the way, I couldn't saw UNKNOWN WEAPON bug in Blood Angels Sicaran Battle Tank. Do you still seeing it after downloading and overwriting .whdat files?
Also you can now have all units in all solo missions too.
it is a good day to die
Matchstick101
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Matchstick101 »

I keep getting the same error message with the Ultramarines.... any way of fixing it?
screenshot of the error
https://prnt.sc/i9bqz9

seems to be something wrong with the dreadnought
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

deranzo wrote:Hey, Parallax, please just download data.rar file in download section. I have fixed game crashing.
By the way, I couldn't saw UNKNOWN WEAPON bug in Blood Angels Sicaran Battle Tank. Do you still seeing it after downloading and overwriting .whdat files?
Sicaran is now fine, but i can't enter SM units sections - game crashes. Also, i can't enter Titan section of SL - game also crashes.
PS. Can you explain, please, how flyer unit's "evasion" works? I can't see flying units as a good choice and want to rebalance them, but i need to undestand how it works :oops:
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Matchstick101 wrote:I keep getting the same error message with the Ultramarines.... any way of fixing it?
screenshot of the error
https://prnt.sc/i9bqz9

seems to be something wrong with the dreadnought
Yes there was a missing unit image in the UI/unit_images folder. I have fixed it. If you don't want to download whole mod again, please do this:
Copy paste ultra_redemptor_dreadnought02.png file in Graphics/Units folder into UI/unit_images folder.
Also I saw another missing file. Please rename ultra_astraeus_super_heavy_tank.png to ultra_primaris_astraeus.png in UI/big_unit_images folder
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:
deranzo wrote:Hey, Parallax, please just download data.rar file in download section. I have fixed game crashing.
Sicaran is now fine, but i can't enter SM units sections - game crashes. Also, i can't enter Titan section of SL - game also crashes.
PS. Can you explain, please, how flyer unit's "evasion" works? I can't see flying units as a good choice and want to rebalance them, but i need to undestand how it works :oops:
Hey, Parallax, there was a missing image file in UI/unit_images folder about Ultramarines Redemptor Dreadnought and I have fixed it. If you don't want to download whole mod again, please do this:
Copy paste ultra_redemptor_dreadnought02.png file in Graphics/Units folder into UI/unit_images folder.
Also I saw another missing file. Please rename ultra_astraeus_super_heavy_tank.png to ultra_primaris_astraeus.png in UI/big_unit_images folder

I couldn't see any crash other than this missing file. Do you still have same problem?

Evasion works like, if firing unit doesn't have AA weapon, missing chance is greater then firing ground units with same weapon. AA weapon ignores evasion and 100% hits flyer units.
it is a good day to die

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”