What module is next?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
MasterChief81
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

What module is next?

Post by MasterChief81 »

Ok, loving this game! Finally, ancients done right. From graphics to game play to multiplayer support you have set the standard in my opinion. Still not a fan of combining hastati/principi and I believe that there needs to be some mechanism to represent that many units from this time period would suffer significant morale issues, even prior to enemy contact, if they knew their flanks were unprotected. Regardless, those concerns are relatively minor compared to the incredible experience this game is providing.

So, now I have to ask the question - Which module is in the works? I know it will probably be later, and after the Imperial Rome era, but I can't wait for medieval modules.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: What module is next?

Post by devoncop »

Would be surprised if the next module does not replicate the Immortal Fire release from FOG 1....Alexandrian Greek,Persians,Egyptions etc...we will see...
AlessandroD
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AlessandroD »

I hope so!
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Pixel »

Well there is this from the scenario design section: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 44#p684157
rbodleyscott wrote:Hi welk, just to let you know that the Immortal Fire DLC will include the battle of Raphia, SP playable from either side, and also MP.

Obviously you are welcome to work on your own interpretation of the battle, but we won't be able to add it to the official FTP for in-game download until a significant amount of time has passed after the release of Immortal Fire.

This is the only battle within the 280-25 BC period that will be included in a DLC.

Also, because larger scenarios work badly on older systems, we recommend that all scenarios submitted for addition to the official FTP have not much more than 64 units per side (and use the "StrengthMultiplier" universal variable to compensate, as done in the vanilla scenario scripts). I won't be able to include any scenarios that do not run absolutely smoothly on my (relatively high end) system.

Of course there is nothing to stop you posting download links for scenarios that do not meet these criteria on the board.
Now that doesn't specifically say Immortal Fire is next. But, it is perhaps suggestive of it.
Image Image
Cheimison
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Cheimison »

Mortal Kombat, which will introduce the army lists for Shao Lin, Outworld, Lin Kuei Clan, Shirai Ryu, Black Dragon Syndicate, and US Special Forces.
hjc
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by hjc »

Pixel wrote: Now that doesn't specifically say Immortal Fire is next. But, it is perhaps suggestive of it.
... and RBS said somewhere else the Etruscans are coming soon. So unless christmas is coming early and we're getting more than one module released, my money is on Immortal Fire. Of course, my money will go to whichever modules are released.
stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by stefankollers »

Must be one of the few games where people want DLC'S and not feel "ripped off". I would like to see Medieval. But if the Devs follow the time line then we will all know whats coming next. For those new to these Forums. RBS will never tell you whats coming next. The game is just released. Plus a few fixes and changes. The team is quite small. Christmas might be to soon for a DLC, but we can hope.

Poor RBS hardly gets any time to do anything, answering posts,on here as well as Steam, making patches, helping folk to mod. You will never find a better Dev team than this......PS They are not paying me !
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

stefankollers wrote:Must be one of the few games where people want DLC'S and not feel "ripped off". I would like to see Medieval. But if the Devs follow the time line then we will all know whats coming next. For those new to these Forums. RBS will never tell you whats coming next. The game is just released. Plus a few fixes and changes. The team is quite small. Christmas might be to soon for a DLC, but we can hope.

Poor RBS hardly gets any time to do anything, answering posts,on here as well as Steam, making patches, helping folk to mod. You will never find a better Dev team than this......PS They are not paying me !
i'd rather see expanded battle systems/mechanics and additional features than dlcs. (although RBS said dlc and other teams /people) are separated

if dlcs happen i 'd like to see medieval, not because i am fan of medieval era, but because its something different from 4-1 century BC

having dlc like immortal fire is not something i 'd like simply becasue its too similar to the vanila game. modders are already expanding the (small and somewhat generic) rosters of already existing 40+ factions
olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by olin0111 »

Cheimison wrote:Mortal Kombat, which will introduce the army lists for Shao Lin, Outworld, Lin Kuei Clan, Shirai Ryu, Black Dragon Syndicate, and US Special Forces.
Would be interesting if somebody modded Warhammer for FOG2.

Anyway, I'm also thinking the new DLC armies will cover pretty much those in immortal fire.
hjc

Post by hjc »

lapdog666 wrote: i'd rather see expanded battle systems/mechanics and additional features than dlcs. (although RBS said dlc and other teams /people) are separated
Actually in a reply to me somewhere, RBS implied that the devs - code, and DLC - are the same people. So they prioritize tasks. In which case it must be a pretty amazing collection of people, since so often in games these tasks are separated into different teams.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

stefankollers wrote:Poor RBS hardly gets any time to do anything, answering posts,on here as well as Steam, making patches, helping folk to mod. You will never find a better Dev
This ... RBS is a legend. And a lovely guy to boot.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Bombax
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Bombax »

Patrick Ward wrote:
stefankollers wrote:Poor RBS hardly gets any time to do anything, answering posts,on here as well as Steam, making patches, helping folk to mod. You will never find a better Dev
This ... RBS is a legend. And a lovely guy to boot.
He is indeed. His engagement with the forum community - whether answering basic questions or addressing more complex issues - is something I find genuinely impressive. Must admit I wouldn't have his patience or good humour!!! :lol:
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

hjc wrote:
lapdog666 wrote: i'd rather see expanded battle systems/mechanics and additional features than dlcs. (although RBS said dlc and other teams /people) are separated
Actually in a reply to me somewhere, RBS implied that the devs - code, and DLC - are the same people. So they prioritize tasks. In which case it must be a pretty amazing collection of people, since so often in games these tasks are separated into different teams.
There is a team for artwork. RBS doesn’t do art. He codes, fix bugs and does scenarios. Still not a big team.
But yes, it’s not segregated between Main Game and DLC.
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

jomni wrote:
hjc wrote:
There is a team for artwork. RBS doesn’t do art. He codes, fix bugs and does scenarios. Still not a big team.
But yes, it’s not segregated between Main Game and DLC.

rip new game mechanics then
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Why not, he still does code and gets in feedback? Some may find its way being tested together with the DLC. It has already happened in P&S.

Also if it requires engine upgrade (the fancy requests) it is handled by a totally separate team... Slitherine’s in house dev team who manages the Archon engine.
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

Well, was the army list i expect (one of the best in FOG I) now the point is if they are going to release as 2nd army list a medieval one or the last big ancient list (legions triumphant).

To be fair to made game fix and improve things you need wait have a pair of army lists that add variety and made game "popular" to need less incoming and space a little more the army lists.

I am curious if is going to be released "fast" like WHSantus reach DLCs that appear 2 in 10 months.

PD: a little question, to be beta tester of DLC you need the base game... but if you have the base game in Steam you can join the beta??? i have the Steam version (not my initial plan but situation made me have game via Steam) and never test expansions of slitherine games with base game from Steam, thanks.
Jabster
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Jabster »

stefankollers wrote:Must be one of the few games where people want DLC'S and not feel "ripped off". I would like to see Medieval. But if the Devs follow the time line then we will all know whats coming next. For those new to these Forums. RBS will never tell you whats coming next. The game is just released. Plus a few fixes and changes. The team is quite small. Christmas might be to soon for a DLC, but we can hope.

Yeh, DLC’s have been getting a bad press and seeing how you have triple A titles with DLC ready on release day you can see why not to mention micro-transactions. I’m new to the world of FoG II but looking at the DLC for FoG it seems the right way to do it and you don’t feel that you’re paying for what should be in the game in the first place. You also have the advantage of keeping the game fresh.

As for which DLC, I’ll go for Medieval as it’s an era I like and a bit different from the base game.
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Well, things were relative fast in old FOG but this was part because game lack campaign and that create scens was easier (the new scen editor is harder to use and less powerfull when you want edit unit atributes) but at same time art was more complex because you need the miniatures, in FOG II you have all done except the art part (movement of units, and soldiers are done).

I think we are going to see first army list in next year and all is going to depend of how they take december-january.

In fix-improvements they are going to need more time, they need more info about what is not working well and what areas need an improvement and here i need say that modders can do a lot of this work (for example i am complete unable to see very well terrain elevations specially in desert).

Medieval armies are .... diferent, you have more defensive spear units, cavalry is stronger... there is more variety in light units and medium foot (that was practically not used in old FOG, at least the non bow-crossbow medium foot) and are exotic units like warwagon + arty.

If 2nd army list is going to be medieval sure is going to open more game over add the last big ancient army list.

PD: in FOG we cant call about DLCs in the moment content is usually similar or even superior to base game, is more expansion... except maybe that DLC of battles released for old FOG.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Scutarii wrote: PD: a little question, to be beta tester of DLC you need the base game... but if you have the base game in Steam you can join the beta??? i have the Steam version (not my initial plan but situation made me have game via Steam) and never test expansions of slitherine games with base game from Steam, thanks.
The DLC beta specifically needs non-steam base to install.
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Thanks for the reply... bad news, welp in the end i planed buy the non steam version maybe i am going to do it earlier than i expected.

EDIT: i am the only one that see more than interesting an army list based in "Song of ice and fire"??? i think this sure made happy medieval guys and you dont need a lot marketing only Hodor... as stand alone game or as army list could work fine, in content you have a lot of diferent armies, you have pure cavalry armies, pure infantry armies, pike armies, vikings sorry i want say guys from iron islands :wink: ... even are elephants, ballistas and dragons (they could work like santus reach flams and made units pass a cohesion test).

Return to “Field of Glory II”