Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

jeff00t
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Erik's campaigns - updates

Post by jeff00t »

wow! Many thanks !
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

The bad news is, you will not be maintaining these highlighted "sub-campaigns" any more, as you announced in your Germany Grand Campaign thread (although you did update Blitzkrieg41-42E_2.1 today).
Capture351.jpg
Capture351.jpg (48.63 KiB) Viewed 6877 times
I can certainly understand that; no one wants or could expect you to do extra work. We are lucky that you are willing to do this much.

Still, my concern is this: How does a campaign as large as GGC (88 scenarios and presumably more to come) load, play, and save on an average computer?
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Bru

I want to avoid maintaining double sets of individual scenarios that are slightly different. That is my concern. Maintaining campaign variables should be doable.

There should not be any (theoretical) problems handling large campaigns. The campaign file is the same small size and the campaign loads individual scenarios like before.
The download itself is of course larger.
Mascarenhas
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Mascarenhas »

Hi, Erik;

Many congratulations for the updates and improvements, it´s been a very good challenge to play.

If I may, I´d like to suggest a check on "Leningrad" scenario (BK 41-43):I managed to place the siege guns on every required location, but areas A and B still are accounted as not conquered; furthermore it seems to exist some glitch on the placing of the indicator arrows for the same areas which are not coincidental to the places written on the map. Finally it seems that main and secondary objectives are inverted:it´s necessary to take the minor city (primary objective??) in order to place guns on areas B and C (secondary??).

Could you please fix this?

Thx again.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Fixed the map markers. Scenario will be updated in the next campaign update.
Sorry, I don't understand your last part about primary/secondary objective switches. The objectives looks fine by me.
michacey
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by michacey »

Erik: Quick question. I have just started your Grand German Campaign. I had previously been playing your Blitzkrieg 39-40 and had gotten to the #9 Narvik. If I was to Nuke my way to the Narvik scenario in the Grand Campaign, would I get any of the leaders, or do I have to play the scenarios to receive them?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I think you need to play scenarios to get leaders, at least those that come as awards (usually secondary objectives).
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Horst »

Kokoda Trail 1942 2.1 - 4Ioribaiwa:
- you give land-cps during the first turns but getting new units onto the map is impossible without a settlement-flag. You would have to add a special deployment hex on/around the "To Port Moresby" flag lasting 30 turns
- better remove the version of the campaign folder, as it's supposely already v2.1 instead of v1.1
Horst

Post by Horst »

Kokoda Trail 1942 1.1/7Jumbora
- the objective triggers are a bit messed up here, like the enemy kills as secondary but completing as primary, and the hills are mixed up for Japanese which somehow prevented capturing the lower hill not to be completed
Otherwise, the campaign is indeed a nice walk in the country. 8)
steevodeevo
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by steevodeevo »

Hi Erik

I'm playing your GC and something has happened on 11 = Albert Canal. I'm getting the stuck turn end thing (the AI thinking bar fills up but no turn is invoked). I will have to crash out of teh game sadly and lose that turn. I will then try it again from the auto turn save.

I also noticed some of the secondary objectives on previous turns weren't updating. I most certainly lost some German Fallschirmjäger but this wasn't changing from a green tick to a red cross. Mentioning it in case the end of turn issue is related...

worked after restart - ignore, probably my computer :)
tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Couple of issues with Blitz '39-'40

Post by tula1959 »

1. Seems to have skipped scenario #9 Brest - went straight from Warsaw to Denmark
2. The Narvik Norway scenario is getting hung up - first time through it seemed to finish AI turn 4 but refused to go on to player turn 5 - just sat there even though the AI time line vanished and so did the units no longer in sight of my units.... tried to exit and reload from turn end and auto save but both did same... Then restarted the scenario and this time the AI hung up on turn 3, with the AI time line fully filled but no end of the turn at all.

Just wanted to mention these encounters. Great work Erik!!!
tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

More re Blitz '39-'40 Narvik

Post by tula1959 »

Just wanted to add that there were no probs with any of the scenarios leading up to Narvik. And in Narvik the two German battlecruisers were/are nowhere to be seen or found, at least through the few turns was able to get through, as the British fleet chews up my U-boats and supply ships!
tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Still more re Blitz '39-'40

Post by tula1959 »

As I keep going through this campaign I keep running in to things so I keep on posting! Just finished the Albert Canal scenario with a minor victory and refuses to load up the next scenario,
Den Haag, and instead just presents me with a 2D map - no scenario intro etc, and no way to go forward from there....Looks like the premature end of the campaign for me!!!??? Not sure what this issue is about - editor????
Erik2

Re: Still more re Blitz '39-'40

Post by Erik2 »

tula1959 wrote:As I keep going through this campaign I keep running in to things so I keep on posting! Just finished the Albert Canal scenario with a minor victory and refuses to load up the next scenario,
Den Haag, and instead just presents me with a 2D map - no scenario intro etc, and no way to go forward from there....Looks like the premature end of the campaign for me!!!??? Not sure what this issue is about - editor????
This was reported and fixed earlier, although before game was updated to 5.3.0...
You are playing with the latest campaign version, 2.1?
tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tula1959 »

Hi Erik! I am working with Blitz '39-'40 v4.5, NOT the Grand Campaign 2.1....was it fixed in the latter and not the former?? And I am running OOB v5.2.9
And which of the issues I mentioned do you refer to??? Or all of them???
Many thanks!!
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

tula1959 wrote:Hi Erik! I am working with Blitz '39-'40 v4.5, NOT the Grand Campaign 2.1....was it fixed in the latter and not the former??
Yes, Erik said somewhere that he won't update the old separate campaigns (Blitzkrieg and SeaLion) anymore, only the GGC
tula1959 wrote: And which of the issues I mentioned do you refer to??? Or all of them???
Probably yes, the issues you have sound like old news to me.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Yes, the German Grand is the one maintained.
I plan another update after Sandstorm is released. Hope for a few more new units to allow me to add more scenarios.
tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tula1959 »

Thanks for the info!! Looks like I am starting over with the GC!
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

Hi Erik,

As you know, I am totally in love with your campaigns. I consider your work better than many of the official downloadable campaigns. You offer more ways to vary strategy, where some of the official ones do not.

The US Navy Campaign v.1.1 is also superb. Let me point out a few errors I've encountered (playing on a Mac), though I am only half way through:

- Some of the objectives are not marked as completed in some of the scenarios, but an #igotnukes cheat lets us win anyway.
- The third scenario is only 7 turns long, so impossible to win.
- The Guadalcanal defense scenario 7 freezes at the end of the AI player move in turn 5 and does not end turn, even if I put no units on the board and make no moves.

The other scenarios have been awesome. Thanks.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ctskelly

Thanks. I've put you comments in my to-do list.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”