Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: The Rally Point

Post by devoncop »

stockwellpete wrote:
stockwellpete wrote:
devoncop wrote:Re the Indian themed League...."The Jewel in the Crown" League ?

Possibly a bit Brit centric but hey....I'm British :-)
:lol: OK, that is the opening bid. :lol: Any other ideas?
I have come up with "Classical Indian", which is what many historians call this period. So unless anyone comes up with something better that is what it will be this time. :wink:
Much classier than my suggestion..........no surprise to anyone who knows me :-)
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

From Cyrus to Tigranes is full.

Post by stockwellpete »

Here are the details of the fourth league section that will be offered in the first season of the FOG2DL. Like the "Classical Indian" section it has been improvised from the available army lists because we do not yet have the armies available for an early or late medieval section. The idea behind this section is to bring some of the more obscure match-ups into play.

Players will need to have both the base game and the Immortal Fire DLC to enter this section of the tournament.

The match-ups are as follows . . .

Round 1) Tigranes Armenians (83-69BC) v Atropatenes (144BC-226AD)
Round 2) Ancient British (60BC-80AD) v Scots-Irish (50BC-476AD)
Round 3) Indo-Parthians (60BC-130AD) v Indo-Greeks (175BC-10AD)
Round 4) Kushan (130BC-476AD) v Graeco-Bactrians (250-130BC)
Round 5) Jewish (167-64BC) v Seleucids (205-167BC)
Round 6) Pontics (110-85BC) v Bosporans (348-85BC)
Round 7) Romans (340-281BC) v Samnites (355-272BC)
Round eight) Carthage (262-236BC) v Spain (300-100BC)
Round 9) Lydians (550-546BC) v Achaemenid Persians (550-546BC)

The terrain setting for all matches in this section will be "Pot Luck".

Important: the arrangements for allocating armies to players in this league section will be different from the other league sections.

Players will not be asked to choose 3 armies at the outset but will be allocated, by pot luck, one of the two armies in each match-up. So players will use 9 different armies during the course of the season. The fixture list, and the army allocations, will be published in stages, the first three rounds of matches will be released on February 1st, the second three on February 22nd, and the final three on March 15th. There will be no formal deadlines to finish matches (other than what we already have in the rules) and players will still be free to play matches in any order (once they have been released, that is) and at their own speed.

If you wish to enter this section please post just your name in this thread.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Season 1 of the FOG2DL will start on Feb 1st 2018

Post by stockwellpete »

Please note that the following number of places will be available in Season 1 . . .

Themed event - 3 stand-alone pools of 16 players = 48 places

4x league sections - 5 divisions of 10 players = 50 places

Reserve lists will be opened for each section to cover players who drop out in the early stages.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Invitations to around 250 players have been sent out today. Apologies if the link wasn't working on the first invitation you received - I have resent around 50 of them. Basically, I have invited all the players who participated in FOG1 back in the day (many of whom have not yet appeared for FOG2) plus all the players who have participated in (and not dropped out of) the various automated FOG2 tournaments that have been running over the last few months. You do not need an invitation to participate however, just put your name in the appropriate thread when I open them next Monday. I know that there are a lot of excellent and reliable players playing multi-player who have not yet entered a tournament. If you know a player like this then please invite them to the tournament. Please just let them know that all we ask is that they do their very best to complete all the matches that they sign up for. This makes for a more enjoyable tournament for everyone.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: The Rally Point

Post by stockwellpete »

SpeedyCM wrote:That is simply a breakdown of who plays who in each round of the 10 man divisions, so each line is a round and over the course of the 9 round season everyone plays everyone else in the division once - at least that is how I understand it.

Signups don't start until next Monday the 8th so I expect the signup threads will be unlocked then.
Exactly right on both counts. Go to the top of the class! :lol:
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Does everyone know what a PM (private message) is?

Post by stockwellpete »

PM's (private messages) are a very important part of the FOG2DL. The tournament organisers will often contact players by PM and players are advised that when making a challenge to an opponent that they both put the challenge in the appropriate thread on the open forum and send a PM. The reason for this is that sometimes challenges are missed on the open forum, particularly when the thread moves onto a new page.

If you are considering entering the tournament and do not know what a PM is, or how to send one, then please post your name in this thread and I will help you.

Basically you just need to click on where it says "0 new messages" (or "1 new message" or whatever) which is just along from User Control Panel in the space just above this message (under Latest Releases).
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Does everyone know what a PM (private message) is?

Post by rbodleyscott »

You should be able to get notification emails when a PM is sent to you, but I don't know if that is automatic or has to be set up.
Richard Bodley Scott

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Does everyone know what a PM (private message) is?

Post by stockwellpete »

rbodleyscott wrote:You should be able to get notification emails when a PM is sent to you, but I don't know if that is automatic or has to be set up.
I think you have to go into the User Control Panel (just above this thread title on the left). There is an option "Notify me on new private messages".
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Recruitment for the Themed Event will open on January 8t

Post by stockwellpete »

Please note: if you decide to enter the themed event you will need to be available for the whole ten week's duration of the tournament and you must be prepared to play quickly. The match schedule in this section will allow around 11 days for each round of matches. Players progressing to the knock-out stages will be expected to play both of the paired games simultaneously within the 11 day timespan. If you think this schedule might be too demanding for you then please do not enter the themed event.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Recruitment is now open! Welcome to Season 1 of the FOG2 Digital League.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Recruitment for the Themed Event is now open!

Post by stockwellpete »

Please enter just your name in this thread if you wish to enter the themed event.
MikeMUC
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Recruitment for Classical Antiquity is now open!

Post by MikeMUC »

I would like to join with the following three choices (in order of preference):

1. Macedonian 355-329 BC
2. Indo-Greek 175 BC - 10 AD
3. Achaemenid Persian 480-461 BC

Cheers :D
MikeMUC

Re: Recruitment for Late Antiquity is now open!

Post by MikeMUC »

I would like to join with the following three choices (in order of preference):

1. Roman 105-25 BC
2. Seleucid 124-63 BC
3. Ptolemaic 55-30 BC

Thanks.
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Recruitment for Late Antiquity is now open!

Post by Cunningcairn »

My selections are as follows.

1. Indian 500BC to 319AD
2. Kushan 130BC to 476AD
3. Roman 105 to 25BC
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

#1 Macedonian 328 to 321BC
#2 Seleucid 166 to 125BC
#3 Roman 199 to 106BC
Last edited by Cunningcairn on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Recruitment for From Cyrus to Tigranes is now open!

Post by Cunningcairn »

I would like to enter this event.
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Recruitment for Classical Indian is now open!

Post by Cunningcairn »

I would like to enter this event.
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Recruitment for the Themed Event is now open!

Post by Cunningcairn »

WAR OF THE ROSES: A TWO-PLAYER CAMPAIGN GAME (2019)

First steps

Once you have downloaded all the scenarios you can then choose your faction – either the Lancastrians or the Yorkists. Every effort has been made to balance the campaign across the 25 episodes so neither side has any discernible advantage at the outset. Be sure to familiarise yourself with the order of succession and the military commanders for your faction. The “available from . . . to” dates are the years in which the characters may be active in the campaign. There are no exceptions to this rule. This is a "what-if" historical campaign so some characters may live for shorter or longer times than they actually did in "real life". The dates given in brackets are the historical births and deaths of all the characters in the game.

Please also be sure to look at the very brief notes and scenario rules for each of the battles that might take place. You must follow these rules to the letter for each scenario. So always look there first before starting a battle. Finally, make sure you understand the campaign rules about various matters including victory points, pursuits, deaths in battle and executions of the various historical characters.

Some tactical pointers to help you get the most out of the game

a) the winner of the campaign will be either the player whose faction gains the most victory points or will be the player whose faction eliminates all of their opponent’s royal characters before the scheduled end of the campaign. So the welfare of your royal characters is absolutely paramount. Some scenario rules insist that a royal character must fight in a particular battle, but in others you will have the freedom to choose nobles instead. You can win an extra 2 victory points if you voluntarily pick a royal character to lead your army and you win the battle but, of course, there is a possibility that he may be killed or captured instead.

b) it is very important to understand the pursuit, execution and ransom rules. A devastating blow can be landed against your opponent’s faction if you can capture one, or more of, their royal characters. You may become unpopular with the populace for a while (and lose some victory points) for killing an anointed king, but if you can eliminate the royal house of your opponents you can win the campaign even if you are well behind on victory points.

There may seem to be a lot to digest at first, but once you get started I hope you will find it an easy system to follow and enjoy. The design of a chart is suggested to record the campaign as it proceeds, or you can just keep a record in an ordinary notebook.

Note: the campaign is divided into three phases. Phase One – 1455-1465, Phase Two – 1469-1471 and Phase Three – 1483-1487.

PHASE ONE 1455-1465

EPISODE ONE 1455

The 1450s saw rising tensions between “Lancastrian” (the peace party) and “Yorkist” (the war party) factions after the final English defeat at Castillon in France in 1453. Margaret of Anjou was becoming increasingly powerful because Henry VI was struggling with mental illness. In 1455 Richard of York was removed as Lord Protector of England as Henry had temporarily recovered, and fearing arrest for treason at a Great council meeting arranged in Leicester, he resorted to arms and intercepted the King's army at St Albans.

First battle of St Albans (May 1455)

Outcomes
i) Yorkist victory - Henry VI captured and Richard of York restored as Lord Protector. Go to episode 2.
ii) Draw/Lancastrian victory - Henry VI resumes control and Richard of York is imprisoned for a short period and then later on is released and sent to Ireland. Go to episode 2.

EPISODE TWO: 1459

The situation deteriorated again over the winter of 1458/9, because Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick and Captain of Calais, was attacking neutral Spanish and Hanse merchant ships in the English Channel – this was very popular with merchants of London and Kent, but Henry VI and Queen Margaret were outraged and they summoned a council to be held at Coventry in June. Richard, Duke of York and Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick did not attend for fear of being arrested for treason. They were then indicted for rebellion. Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York calls on other pro-Yorkist nobles to join him with their armies at Ludlow on the Welsh marches. One of these Yorkist armies is intercepted by Lancastrian forces at Blore Heath, near Market Drayton in the Midlands.

Blore Heath (September 1459)

Outcomes
i) Yorkist victory – go to episode 3.
ii) Draw/Lancastrian victory – Yorkists disperse to Ireland and Calais. Their leaders are all attainted for treason. Henry VI and Margaret spend the winter at Coventry. The Yorkists manage to hold onto Calais and then their ships destroy the Lancastrian fleet at Sandwich in May 1460. In June a small Yorkist army lands at Sandwich and then marches to London. Go to episode 5.

EPISODE THREE: 1459

After the victory at Blore Heath the Yorkist armies are able to assemble together at Ludlow, but the advancing Lancastrian army is still much larger than them. On the eve of the battle the Yorkist army suffers some defections from its ranks.Choice for the Yorkist player: fight or withdraw?

Ludford Bridge (October 1459)

Outcomes
i) Yorkist victory – King Henry VI is captured, removed as king and imprisoned by the Yorkists. Succession Event. The senior Yorkist claimant is crowned king. Margaret of Anjou and Prince Edward flee to Scotland. Go to episode 4.
ii) Withdrawal/Draw/Lancastrian victory – Yorkists disperse to Ireland and Calais. They are all attainted for treason. Henry VI and Margaret spend the winter at Coventry. The Yorkists manage to hold onto Calais and then their ships destroy the Lancastrian fleet at Sandwich in May 1460. In June a small Yorkist army lands at Sandwich and then marches to London. Go to episode 5.

EPISODE FOUR: 1460

After their humiliating defeat at Ludford Bridge the Lancastrian leaders disperse and are sheltered by their supporters in Wales and Scotland over the winter. In the spring of 1460 a Lancastrian army, comprised mainly of Welsh soldiers, crosses the English border and gives battle to a Yorkist army near Worcester.

Lancastrian rebellion battle: (April 1460)
Note: This is a medium-sized "skirmish" battle with "pot luck" terrain, not a scenario battle.

Outcomes
i) Lancastrian victory - Go to episode 5
ii) Draw/Yorkist victory – End of Lancastrian rebellion. Go to episode 10.

EPISODE FIVE: 1460

The Yorkists assemble their army in London and then march north picking up more supporters on the way. The Lancastrian army offers battle near Northampton.

Northampton (July 1460)

a) Outcomes if there is a Lancastrian monarch at the start of the battle
i) Draw/Lancastrian victory – Lancastrian rule consolidated. Go to episode 8.
ii) Yorkist victory – King Henry VI is captured and imprisoned. His mental health is very poor. Succession Event. An Act of Accord is passed and it is decided that Edward Plantagenet, Earl of March will succeed Henry VI on his death - a situation of dual power now pertains. Margaret of Anjou and Prince Edward flee to Scotland. Go to episode 6.

b) Outcomes if there is a Yorkist monarch at the start of the battle
I) Draw/Yorkist victory – end of Lancastrian rebellion. Go to episode 10.
ii) Lancastrian victory – Succession event. Yorkists flee abroad. Lancastrians re-capture Henry VI and re-install him on the throne. Go to episode 9.

EPISODE SIX: 1460

A Yorkist army is sent to Sandal Castle in Yorkshire to confront Lancastrian forces gathering in the north.

Wakefield (December 1460)

Outcomes
Go immediately to episode 7. The outcomes of the battles of Wakefield, Mortimer’s Cross and second St Albans must be considered together.

EPISODE SEVEN: 1461

A Yorkist army is sent to the Welsh borders to oppose the Lancastrian forces there.

Mortimer’s Cross (February 1461).

Outcomes
Go immediately to episode 8. The outcomes of the battles of Wakefield, Mortimer’s Cross and second St Albans must be considered together.

EPISODE EIGHT: 1461

A Lancastrian army, comprised of many Scottish troops, crosses into England and marches south towards London. The Yorkists give battle at St Albans.

2nd battle of St Albans (February 1461)

Outcomes of Wakefield, Mortimer's Cross and 2nd St Albans
i) If the Lancastrians win all three battles then their army marches to London and is allowed entry into the city. The Yorkists flee abroad to Ireland and Calais. Succession event. Lancastrians re-capture Henry VI and re-install him on the throne. Go to episode 16.
ii) Any other combination of results – Go to episode 11.

EPISODE NINE: 1461

Yorkist rebellion battle (March 1461)
Note: This is a medium-sized "skirmish" battle with "pot luck" terrain, not a scenario battle.

Outcomes
i) Draw/Lancastrian victory -Yorkist rebellion is ended. The Lancastrians are now secure on the throne. Go to episode 16.
ii) Yorkist victory – the rebellion quickly gathers momentum and Yorkists from the southern counties mobilise and march north into Yorkshire. Go to episode 11.

EPISODE TEN: 1461

The surviving Lancastrian leaders, including Margaret of Anjou and her son Prince Edward, flee north to the court of the Scottish royal family, James II and his queen, Mary of Gueldres. Margaret agrees to cede Berwick to Scotland in return for funds to equip a new army to invade England. This new army crosses the Scottish border in February 1461 and is soon confronted by an English army, near Newcastle.

Lancastrian rebellion battle (March 1461)

Outcomes
i) Lancastrian victory – the Lancastrian army moves south to York and gains more support. Go to episode 11.
ii) Draw/Yorkist victory – Go to episode 13.

EPISODE ELEVEN: 1461

The Yorkists move their army north to confront the Lancastrians again but find their crossing of the River Aire in Yorkshire contested by the Lancastrian rearguard. Choice for the Lancastrian player: defend the crossing or withdraw?

Ferrybridge (March 1461)

Outcomes
Go immediately to episode 12.

EPISODE TWELVE: 1461
The biggest battle of the Wars of the Roses takes place on Palm Sunday in a snowstorm. Margaret of Anjou and Prince Edward remain at York.

Towton (March 1461)

a) Outcomes if there was a Yorkist monarch at the start of the battle
i) Draw/Yorkist victory - all surviving Lancastrians flee north into exile in Scotland. Go to episode 12.
ii) Lancastrian victory - all surviving Yorkists flee into exile. Succession event. Henry VI is released and continues his reign. Go to episode 16.

b) Outcomes if there was a Lancastrian monarch at the start of the battle (or if Henry VI was a prisoner of the Yorkists)
i) Draw/Lancastrian victory - all surviving Yorkists flee into exile. Go to episode 16.
ii) Yorkist victory – all surviving Lancastrians flee into exile. Succession event. Yorkists crown their leading royal candidate as king. Henry VI is deposed and imprisoned in the Tower of London. Go to episode 13.

EPISODE THIRTEEN: 1462-4

Lancastrian rebellion: a further serious revolt is developing in the north of England during the course of 1462. A number of castles are also holding out for the Lancastrians, including Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland. A Yorkist army with a siege train arrives outside its walls in May. Choice for the Lancastrian player: Resist the siege or surrender?

The Siege of Bamburgh Castle (February 1464)

Outcomes
i) Surrender/Yorkist victory – castle taken, leader executed if he did not surrender, otherwise he is quickly released. Go to episode 14.
ii) Draw/Lancastrian victory – castle held by Lancastrians. Go to episode 14.

EPISODE FOURTEEN: 1464

The northern Lancastrian rebels continue to mobilise supporters in Northumberland and North Yorkshire and by April are strong enough to attack the northern Yorkist army at Hedgeley Moor in Northumberland.

Hedgeley Moor (April 1464)

Outcomes
i) Draw/Yorkist victory – End of Rebellion. Go to episode 18.
ii) Lancastrian victory – Go to episode 15.

EPISODE FIFTEEN: 1464
After Hedgeley Moor, the rebel Lancastrian army is able to stay in the field, but soon afterwards they are ambushed in their camp near Hexham.

Hexham (May 1464)

Outcomes
i) Draw/Yorkist victory – Lancastrian commander is executed. End of Rebellion. Go to episode 18.
ii) Lancastrian victory – All surviving Lancastrian leaders escape into exile. Go to episode 18.

EPISODE SIXTEEN: 1465

A Yorkist army lands in Lincolnshire and moves towards York.

Yorkist rebellion battle (June 1465)

Outcomes
i) Draw/Lancastrian victory – the Lancastrian king is secure on throne and rules until his death in 1483. Go to episode 22.
ii) Yorkist victory – Go to episode 17.

EPISODE SEVENTEEN 1465

Yorkist rebellion battle (August 1465)

Outcomes
i) Draw/Lancastrian victory –the Lancastrian king is secure on the throne and rules until his death in 1483. Go to episode 22.
ii) Yorkist victory – Succession event. Lancastrian deposed and a Yorkist takes the throne. Go to episode 18.

PHASE TWO 1469-1471

EPISODE EIGHTEEN: 1469

The campaign now enters a turbulent period with much unrest at home caused mainly by resentment against high taxation. In addition, tensions start to rise inside the Yorkist camp as the Yorkist king becomes more and more assertive. He marries someone of his own choice thereby scuppering diplomatic efforts to build an alliance with France - instead England moves closer to Burgundy. Eventually a serious rebellion against the king breaks out in the Yorkist ranks and the King’s army is defeated at Edgeley Moor (July 1469) by the Yorkist rebels, led by the mysterious Robin of Redesdale. The King is temporarily imprisoned by the rebels but then is gradually able to re-assert his control as his supporters recover their position in the country.

A further rebellion breaks out in 1470 and the King easily defeats a poorly organised rebel army at Losecoat Field (February 1470). It is then discovered that members of the Neville family* and George, Duke of Clarence are behind the unrest (the Neville family rebellion event). They are declared traitors and forced into exile. They flee to France where the Neville’s defect to the Lancastrians and form an alliance with the French king and Margaret of Anjou. The unfortunate George, Duke of Clarence is unceremoniously sidelined by these developments despite having recently married into the Neville family – and he returns to England and makes his peace with the Yorkist faction. The rebellious Neville’s then land in England with their army in the autumn of 1470 and the Yorkist monarch is forced to flee into exile. A Lancastrian is then proclaimed king.

*The Neville family rebellion event - there will be a maximum two rebellious nobles from this family provided these characters are still alive in the game. So, in order of rebelliousness, allocate two from Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (to 1487), John Neville, Marquess of Montagu (to 1487) and William Neville, Lord Fauconberg (to 1471) to the Lancastrian commanders list (and remove them from the Yorkist list).

Succession event – dual monarchy (no outright control of the Crown). Go to episode 19.

EPISODE NINETEEN: 1471

The exiled Yorkist monarch is able to raise funds from his ally Charles, Duke of Burgundy and he lands in Yorkshire with a small force. George of Clarence joins him (if he has survived). They rapidly raise an army and meet the Lancastrians in battle at Barnet.

Barnet (April 1471)

Outcomes
Go immediately to episode 20. The outcomes of the battles of Barnet and Tewkesbury must be considered together!

EPISODE TWENTY: 1471

Margaret of Anjou and Prince Edward have mobilised their supporters in the west country and they try to link up with their Welsh allies but are unable to cross the Severn. The Yorkist army catches them at Tewkesbury.

Tewkesbury (May 1471)

Outcomes
i) If the Lancastrians win both Barnet and Tewkesbury then the Yorkists are overthrown and a Lancastrian is restored to the throne. Succession event. Go to episode 23.
ii) If the Lancastrians win Barnet only then the Yorkists retain control of the Crown. Go to episode 25.
iii) If the Lancastrians win Tewkesbury only then go to episode 21.
iv) If the Yorkists win at both Barnet and Tewkesbury then they retain control of the Crown. Go to episode 24.

EPISODE TWENTY-ONE: 1471

After their victory at Tewkesbury the Lancastrian army moved on towards London. They were confronted by another Yorkist army just outside Oxford.

Lancastrian rebellion battle (June 1471)

Outcomes
i) Lancastrian victory – Yorkists overthrown. A Lancastrian is restored to the Crown. Succession event. Go to episode 22.
ii) Yorkist victory – Yorkist rule consolidated. Go to episode 24.

PHASE THREE 1483-1487

EPISODE TWENTY-TWO: 1483

Yorkist rebellion battle (June 1483)

Outcomes
i) Draw/Yorkist victory – Go to episode 23.
ii) Lancastrian victory - Go to episode 25.

EPISODE TWENTY-THREE: 1485

Yorkist rebellion battle (July 1485)

Outcomes
i) Draw/Lancastrian victory – Lancastrians retain control of the Crown. Go to episode 25.
ii) Yorkist victory – Yorkists secure the Crown. Succession event. End of campaign.

EPISODE TWENTY-FOUR: 1485

Bosworth Field (August 1485)

Outcomes
i) Draw/Yorkist victory – Yorkists secure the Crown. End of campaign.
ii) Lancastrian victory – Lancastrians control the Crown. Succession event. Go to episode 25.

EPISODE TWENTY-FIVE: 1487

Yorkist rebellion.

Stoke Field (June 1487)

Outcomes
i) the winner of the battle secures the Crown.
ii) If it is a draw then the Lancastrians maintain control of the Crown.

END OF CAMPAIGN 1487

Royal characters in each faction
The campaign starts with the Lancastrian king Henry VI (1412-1471) firmly on the throne. He is not a military leader and is available in the campaign until 1483. The “order of succession” cannot be altered. Royal characters will succeed to the throne, or become the leading rebel claimant, in the order laid out below. The dates in brackets are the actual historical lifespan of that particular character.

The Lancastrian order of succession to the throne
1) Prince Edward of Westminster, (1453-1471) – available from 1469 to 1487.
2) Henry Beaufort, Duke of Somerset, (1436-1464) - available from 1459 to 1487 (only becomes Duke of Somerset before 1465 if Edmund Beaufort is killed).
3) Edmund Beaufort, Duke of Somerset, (1438-1471) – available from 1459 to 1487 (only becomes Duke of Somerset if Henry Beaufort is killed).
4) Henry Tudor, Earl of Richmond, (1457-1509) – available from 1483 to 1487.

The Yorkist order of succession to the throne
1) Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York (- 1460) – available from 1459 to 1483.
2) Edward Plantagenet, Earl of March, (1442-1483) – available from 1459 to 1487.
3) Edmund, Earl of Rutland (1443-1460) – available from 1459 to 1487.
4) George Plantagenet, Duke of Clarence (1449-1478) – available from 1469 to 1487.
5) Richard Plantagenet, Duke of Gloucester (1452-1485) – available from 1469 to 1487.

Note: where the scenario notes stipulate that a certain royal character must fight in a battle, or an alternative must be chosen, these will always fight as “Commander number 1”, except at Northampton 1460 and Stoke Field 1487, where they will fight as “Commander number 2”.

Lancastrian commanders
1) Edmund Beaufort, Duke of Somerset (1406-1455) – available 1455 to 1465
2) Humphrey Stafford, Duke of Buckingham (1402-60) – available 1455 to 1465.
3) Henry Percy, Earl of Northumberland (1393-1455) - available 1455 to 1465.
4) John Talbot, Earl of Shrewsbury (1417-60) – available 1459 to 1465.
5) Henry Holland, Duke of Exeter (1430-75) – available 1459 to 1487.
6) Thomas Courtenay, Earl of Devon (1432-61) – available 1459 to 1487.
7) James Butler, Earl of Wiltshire (1420-61) – available 1459 to 1471
8 Jasper Tudor (1431-95) – available 1459 to 1471.
9) Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (1428-71) - available 1469 to 1487.
10) John Neville, Marquess of Montagu (1431-71) - available 1469 to 1487.
11) John de Vere, Earl of Oxford (1442-1513) – available 1483 to 1487.
12) Lord Thomas Stanley, Earl of Derby (1435-1504) - available 1485 to 1487.
13) Sir William Stanley (1435 - 1495) – available 1485 to 1487.

Yorkist commanders
1) Richard Neville, Earl of Salisbury (1400-60) - available 1459 to 1465.
2) William Neville, Lord Fauconberg (1410-63) - available 1459 to 1471.
3) Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (1428-71) - available 1459 to 1468.
4) William Herbert, Earl of Pembroke (1423-69) - available 1459 to 1471.
5) Lord William Hastings (1431-1483) - available 1459 to 1487.
6) John Neville, Marquess of Montagu (1431-71) available 1459 to 1468.
7) Lord Thomas Stanley, Earl of Derby (1435-1504) - available 1469 to 1483.
8 Henry Percy, Earl of Northumberland (1449-89) - available 1469 to 1487.
9) John Howard, Duke of Norfolk (1421-85) - available 1469 to 1487.
10) John de la Pole, Earl of Lincoln (1462-87) - available 1487 only.

Campaign rules

i) Victory points

Winning a battle +5 or +10 pts depending on the scenario (Ludford Bridge 1459, Northampton 1460, Towton 1461, Barnet 1471, Tewkesbury 1471 and Bosworth Field 1485 are the ten-pointers). Note +2pts – if royal character is a voluntary “Commander 1” in a winning battle.

Enemy noble killed in battle + 1pts

Enemy royal killed in battle + 2pts

Executing a reigning monarch – minus 5pts

Executing Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (“Kingmaker”) - minus 3pts

Executing any other royal character – minus 2pts

Advanced rule: victory points of +2 for each year a faction controls the Crown outright can be won for the following years (provided that there has been a battle in that

year): 1459, 1460, 1461, 1464 and 1465: 1471; 1483, 1485 and 1487.

Note: points are not awarded for years when succession events occur.

ii) Pursuit, capture, ransom and execution of historical personalities

If you win a battle then none of your surviving leader figures can be captured.

If you lose the battle then your surviving leader figures will be captured in the pursuit phase if the enemy has at least 2 mounted cavalry or light cavalry units (not knights) still active on the battlefield (i.e. not routed) and provided the winning side has lost less than 30% of its total strength on the final battle screen (not the after battle summary screen).

Historical figures captured in this way can be either ransomed or executed. Commanders who are ransomed back are worth 1 victory point; royals who are ransomed back are worth 2 victory points.

iii) Death of a historical figure in a battle

Occurs when a "General fallen" message appears after a melee. Otherwise, in any other circumstances (e.g. a unit disperses as it attempts to rout), it is assumed that the historical figure associated with that battle group has survived the melee and is attempting to flee.

iv) Lack of royal candidates for a faction

If a faction has lost all its royal characters at the start of a year then the campaign is over and that faction is defeated.

If a faction is unable to fill all the required commander slots in a battle then those unfilled commander units (i.e. BG’s in FOG) may not take part in the battle (they are moved to the baseline as soon as possible). It assumed that minor nobles have taken command in these circumstances.

Record-keeping sheet

Year Monarch Battle Noble Casualties Points Won

Just cut and paste the chart onto a blank document and print off.

Campaign guide to scenarios

First St Albans 1455 (Episode 1)
Lancastrians choose 4 commanders, the C-in-C must be the Edmund Beaufort, Duke of Somerset.
Yorkists choose 3 commanders, the C-in-C must be the royal character Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York.
There are no executions or ransoms after this battle.

Blore Heath 1459 (Episode 2)
Lancastrians – choose 2 commanders
Yorkists – choose 2 commanders

Ludford Bridge 1459 (Episode 3)
Scenario rule: the Yorkists may decline this battle and withdraw.
Lancastrians – choose 3 commanders
Yorkists – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York.

Northampton 1460 (Episode 5)
Scenario rule: all artillery and hand gunners may not fire until turn 5 because of rain.
Yorkists – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Edward Plantagenet, Earl of March, if he is available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.

Wakefield 1460 (Episode 6)
Scenario rule: one Lancastrian flank party may move on turn 2, the other on turn 3.
Lancastrians – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Henry Beaufort, Duke of Somerset, if he is available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.
Yorkists – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York if he is still available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.

Mortimer’s Cross 1461 (Episode 7)
Yorkists – choose 2 commanders, one must be the royal character EdwardPlantagenet, Earl of March, if he is still available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.

2nd battle of St Albans (Episode eight)
Scenario rule: the Yorkists can only move the archers in St Albans on Turn 1, contingent number 2 on Turn 3, contingent number 1 on Turn 4 and contingent number 3 on Turn 5.
Lancastrians - choose 3 commanders, one of which must be Henry Beaufort, Duke of Somerset, if he is available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.
Yorkists – choose 3 commanders.
After this battle the results of Wakefield, Mortimer’s Cross and St Albans must be assessed together.

Ferrybridge 1461 (Episode 11)
Scenario rule: the Lancastrians may decline this battle and withdraw.
Yorkists – choose 3 commanders

Towton 1461 (Episode 12)
Lancastrians – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character, Henry Beaufort, Duke of Somerset, if he is still available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.
Yorkists – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Edward Plantagenet, Earl of March if he is still available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.

Siege of Bamburgh Castle 1464 (Episode 13)
Scenario rule: the Lancastrians may surrender the castle without any losses.
Lancastrians – choose 1 commander
Yorkists – choose 1 commander

Hedgeley Moor 1464 (Episode 14)
Lancastrians – choose 1 commander who must be the royal character Henry Beaufort, Duke of Somerset, if he is available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.

Hexham 1464 (Episode 15)
Lancastrians – choose 1 commander who must be the royal character Henry Beaufort, Duke of Somerset, if he is available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.

Barnet 1471 (Episode 19)
Yorkists – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Edward Plantagenet, Earl of March if he is available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.
After the battle: go immediately to the Battle of Tewkesbury.

Tewkesbury 1471 (Episode 20)
Lancastrians – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Prince Edward of Westminster, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.
Yorkists – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal characters Edward Plantagenet, Earl of March, if he is still available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.
After the battle: the results of Barnet and Tewkesbury must be assessed together.

Bosworth Field 1485 (Episode 24)
Scenario rules: one Yorkist (commander 3) and one Lancastrian (commander 2) contingents will not join the battle unless total % losses (i.e. of both armies) in the game total 5-10-15-20-25-30-35 at the start of any player turn.
Lancastrians – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Henry Tudor
Yorkists – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Richard Plantagenet, Duke of Gloucester, if he is available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.

Stoke Field 1487 (Episode 25)
Lancastrians – choose 3 commanders, one must be the royal character Henry Tudor, if he is available, otherwise another royal character must be chosen.
Yorkists – choose 2 commanders

In addition, there is the possibility that non-scenario medium battles, with pot luck terrain, (1460, 1461 x2, 1465x2, 1471, 1483 and 1485) will occur during the campaign.
In these battles each side must name 2 commanders.

Version 1.5 stockwellpete
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

1. Achaemenid Persian 545-481 BC
2. Samnite 355-272 BC
3. Galatian 280-63 BC
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Recruitment for Classical Indian is now open!

Post by mhladnik »

Ok, this is open? Great. Consider mhladnik entering this section :)

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”