Order Of Battle - v5.2.9 - Open Beta

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Order Of Battle - v5.2.5 - Open Beta

Post by Horst »

GabeKnight wrote:Checking something out in Mojko's UNT, I found this: it seems there's a twin listing for the Stug IIIG:
- id 3071 available to Germany and Waffen-SS
- id 3057 available to Finland only
What's suppose to be wrong with the StuGs? These are two different units/models of the StuG.3G for Germany and Finland. The Finnish got these pretty wooden logs on the side and is painted in their bluish-grey color. Haven't you played Winter War yet?
Attachments
StuG_III_G_Finland.png
StuG_III_G_Finland.png (12.41 KiB) Viewed 2952 times
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Seems I was a bit hasty and didn't check for different models. Sorry!
('Course I've played Winter War :roll: , just haven't payed attention to such small graphical details. Sorry again :oops:. Speaking before thinking, not my first time... )
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Mujado
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Mujado »

It seems core import from tutorial to US Pacific is not fixed? It seems even worse than previously.

I finished the tutorial again, and after finishing there is no pop-up to even save the core units so you can import them. Just black screen saying I won?
Attachments
20180201141825_1.jpg
20180201141825_1.jpg (356.86 KiB) Viewed 2920 times
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Oddness in last level of Rising Sun?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312450/di ... 8760610611
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Mojko »

What happened to the red and green pins on the campaign map? I started playing Rising sun campaign and I can't see any pins. It was a great way of keeping track of bonus objectives that have carry over effect to next scenarios :(
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
Horst

Post by Horst »

I haven’t noticed any campaign variable-pins either during Marines lately. Another thing broken by the new campaign.cmz format conversion?

I also recommend comparing the air defense values of all infantry units. Some of the same type have 14 while others have 16. Commando stats are also inconsistent like supply and some defense values.
tmeluski

Post by tmeluski »

Any indication of when this might be a release for us Mac users? The unit strength decrease is preventing me from playing
Horst

Post by Horst »

With so many issues reported lately, it could possibly still take some weeks until we see the light of the new version. :)
tmeluski

Post by tmeluski »

Horst wrote:With so many issues reported lately, it could possibly still take some weeks until we see the light of the new version. :)
:( a bummer...but not a shocker...it is tough..the product concept is great and the team continues to move forward but just so many stumbling blocks...that seems to happen when there is a crap ton of code to deal with
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

Guys, just a quick one, will post more later, hopefully.
Blasted through Rhzev on 525, observations:
Finished in 16 turns on medium. Attacks are somewhat muted on the victory points, but pretty vicious
on my encircled units. Weird - this was more of a challenge previously. Changed fly-in direction for paras is good, but their planes are pretty sturdy, too sturdy.
My FW 190 with air ace only does 2 damage. Feels off.
Horst

Post by Horst »

If the OOB tournament begins on Feb 12, I expect the update to be released in the upcoming week.

@Andy: the large aircraft are generally quite tough compared to the pea-shooting power of the regular fighters. Fw190's large-attack of 9 vs. Li-2's defense 10 doesn't produce impressive results. Using Bf-110 with their large-attack of 12 should give better kill results. Even a simple 37mm_FlaK37 or better SdKfz_7_2 can bring down large planes better; 88mm_FlaK36_AA much better of course.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Horst wrote:If the OOB tournament begins on Feb 12, I expect the update to be released in the upcoming week.

@Andy: the large aircraft are generally quite tough compared to the pea-shooting power of the regular fighters. Fw190's large-attack of 9 vs. Li-2's defense 10 doesn't produce impressive results. Using Bf-110 with their large-attack of 12 should give better kill results. Even a simple 37mm_FlaK37 or better SdKfz_7_2 can bring down large planes better; 88mm_FlaK36_AA much better of course.
Yeah, put a FW 190 is not a pea-shooter. Does have several 20mm cannon. In fact, almost as heavily armed as the Bf110 and Me 410 (yes, not all versions). I understand that this is for balancing reasons...
Another thing, one para plane got stuck / stationary before landing its troops near Vyazma. Hovered over the eastern front of the map.
@Devs, Shards: BTW, this is why a more detailed changelog might be good for testing. I have played this several times and I am not sure what to look out for now.
You can put it in the closed forum if you dont feel like disclosing it too widely.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

@Shards, devs: Played Demyansk on 525. Works well, finished early in 14 (or 16?) turns. No issues here.
Only minor thing - Waffen SS still seems a bit undersupplied. I have one Viking division and one light inf and use them as regular frontline infantry. But while I can keep my Wehrmacht resupplied, my SS units kind of run low on credits. Relegating them to rear guard duty seems a bit off. And I did not use them as cannonfodder either.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Quick update on the Patch. Whilst updating the base Engine to fix the issue with the music not playing, we found that most of the shader code got broken. Meaning that it wasn't just the roads by the rivers that looked shonky, but anything that wasn't flat land looked horrific!

So, Adherbal has been taking the time this week to re-order that code and get things looking considerable better! My hope and expectation is that we'll have a full patch update for you next week.

Thanks
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Shards wrote:Quick update on the Patch. Whilst updating the base Engine to fix the issue with the music not playing, we found that most of the shader code got broken. Meaning that it wasn't just the roads by the rivers that looked shonky, but anything that wasn't flat land looked horrific!

So, Adherbal has been taking the time this week to re-order that code and get things looking considerable better! My hope and expectation is that we'll have a full patch update for you next week.

Thanks
Thank goodness. And funny you said that because I was bombarding a coastal fort last night and a crater on the beach looked "shonky" as well but it disappeared before I could screen print it.

Best news I've had in a while. I don't know why this bothers me so much but it does. It's like a gosh-darned hairy wart on a beautiful woman's nose, you know? :roll:

Thanks, all around.
- Bru
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Shards wrote:Quick update on the Patch. Whilst updating the base Engine to fix the issue with the music not playing, we found that most of the shader code got broken. Meaning that it wasn't just the roads by the rivers that looked shonky, but anything that wasn't flat land looked horrific!

Thanks
Yeah, totally forgot to ask about the music. Still, keep going, guys.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

At this stage, I think we'll end up updating the open beta with visual issues still present, just so you guys can check and verify the other fixes. We can then keep scratching our heads over those "warts n all"...
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Shards wrote:At this stage, I think we'll end up updating the open beta with visual issues still present, just so you guys can check and verify the other fixes. We can then keep scratching our heads over those "warts n all"...
So, this is an ongoing update on Steam? Do I have to do anything to get the latest version? Or will you announce it here?

Return to “Order of Battle Series”