Field Marshal difficulty unlocked, then disappeared?!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

CroCop96
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Field Marshal difficulty unlocked, then disappeared?!

Post by CroCop96 »

Hello, everyone!

(To pre-determine some important factors: I possess the original Panzer Corps Gold, on Steam, and I played in online mode in the relevant period.)

I've completed the Afrikakorps campaign on Field Marshal difficulty. I went to campaign starting screens and saw the three FM levels unlocked for all campaigns. Alright. I quit the game and went to sleep.

A couple of days later, I started the game and wanted to play something on one of the three secret levels, but they no longer show up, not for any campaign?!

Furthermore, yesterday I completed GC 39 on FM, again, being online on Steam all the time etc., but the secret levels still don't show up!

What happened? Any help would be appreciated!
turn4441
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Field Marshal difficulty unlocked, then disappeared?!

Post by turn4441 »

Hard to tell. You might try posting your problem in the 'Tech Support' thread near the top of the page. I'm not sure, but I don't think getting to the end of the any of the Grand Campaigns or US Corps on field marshall give the bonus levels. I think you have to get to the end of either the vanilla Panzer Corps, Afrika Korps, Soviet Corps, or Allied Corps. If all else fails, you can quickly play through to the end of one of them by using the 'Endscn 0' cheat code repeatedly to get quick DVs and re-unlock them.
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

On second thought, do you have any saved games from late in your Afrika Korps playthrough? If so, you could load the latest one to more quickly use the cheat to get to the end again.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

Assuming you're on windows, the game uses the Registry to store whether or not you should see the unlocked difficulties. So if that gets reset for some reason by the OS, maybe during an update(?), then it would explain things.
CroCop96
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CroCop96 »

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll see if I have an AK save and will try that...

Huckc, that must be it! Now I remember I did a disk cleanup, defrag, and general maintenance the other day... must have cleared my registry hahah
hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by hugh2711 »

If you are on windows using 'regedit' is a very easy registry hack/alteration to re-enable those levels.
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

Is there a similar reason why the unlocked levels do not appear in the menu when I upload my savegame from my pc to my laptop and then continue my game?
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

Different computer, different registry for the game. That computer doesn't know you unlocked them on your other computer.
ptje63

Post by ptje63 »

Ok understood - then how to solve?
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

If you have a save of the last scenario for any campaign you can just load it on the new computer then end the scenario either normally or using the endscn 0 cheat.

Doesn't need to be Field Marshal even, as you can change the difficulty after the very last turn which will count towards the unlock.
ptje63

Post by ptje63 »

I tried to do just that but the bonus levels did not appear. Elsewhere on the forum I found the regedit showbonuslevels change from 0 to 1 which worked just fine.

Return to “Panzer Corps”