Special Forces Going on Observation Post

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
Captain_Orso
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Special Forces Going on Observation Post

Post by Captain_Orso »

Every time when I have an SF in the mountains in OP mode, when they get near empty on supplies and when they are on 0 supplies, they come out of OP mode.

When I select them, it says they have 5 AP's, and that going back on OP will cost 3 AP's. But when I click OP they use all 5 AP's. Happens every time.
Be Small
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Special Forces Going on Observation Post

Post by Be Small »

I think the idea is that you cease any remaining activities for the turn upon setting up an OP.
Aka Fokker G1, A.B. Ushavov (CMMC)
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by cranston »

Be Small wrote:I think the idea is that you cease any remaining activities for the turn upon setting up an OP.
It's not necessary. Not logical that you can call airstrike and snipe b4 setting up OP, but cannot do reverse.

I also want SF to be able to snipe while in OP. Instead of forcing me to move one hex, snipe, go back, and then re-enter OP.
Be Small

Post by Be Small »

cranston wrote:
Be Small wrote:I think the idea is that you cease any remaining activities for the turn upon setting up an OP.
It's not necessary. Not logical that you can call airstrike and snipe b4 setting up OP, but cannot do reverse.

I also want SF to be able to snipe while in OP. Instead of forcing me to move one hex, snipe, go back, and then re-enter OP.
Maybe look at it like this. Calling in an airstrike or sniping is a short action. Getting intel from an OP is the result of spending a lot of time observing the surroundings.
I agree on the actions to be taken while in OP. It could be abstracted that you will disclose your position/break cover while doing so, meaning you’d need to go back into OP afterwards. You would need one action point to get out of OP, to setup sniping positions or calling in an airstrike. Maybe this one action point is replaced by forcing one move.
Aka Fokker G1, A.B. Ushavov (CMMC)

Return to “Afghanistan '11”