Warlords of Minaria non-magical Divine Right Campaign

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Warlords of Minaria non-magical Divine Right Campaign

Post by vakarr »

Candidates are invited to join a congress at which it will be decided who will be the new leaders of the lands of the ancient continent of Minaria. This is a campaign based on the 1979 version of Divine Right, without the magic. 16 countries are available (the pirates and the barbarians are not visible on the map and will only be player countries if there are sufficient players)
Warlords of Minaria Map
Warlords of Minaria Map
divineright.jpg (177.11 KiB) Viewed 6093 times
Much of the fun of Divine Right will be included, though, such as being able to explore distant lands and discover ancient treasures or employ mercenary bands; the diplomacy system will be in use for non-player countries.

The countries are:
Elfland, Alzakia, Immer, Hothior, Mivior, Shucassam, Trollover, Rombune, Muetar, The Eaters of Wisdom, the Black Hand, Pon, Zorn, and maybe: the Pirates, the Barbarians (several tribes), and the Lizardmen. Magic does not work in The New Age of Minaria and the peoples have mixed, so although their country names continue, and people may claim descent from a particular race, those races don't really exist any more.

You will be allowed to choose from several army lists for each country. Two countries are allowed to choose any army list. Even countries with a single army list will be allowed to choose their favourite version of that list (e.g Muetar can choose any Roman list from any period).

Players will be supplied with more information about their country when they join the game. Here is the general player's guide: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r7LkV ... VHkM1suBH3 You will see that information regarding many places has been left out - those places within a player country will be described in a player's country guide (including their recruitment and income potential), while only myths and legends are available to describe the other places, some of which may be misleading. Players can find out what is the truth about those places in various ways.
Here is a sample chancellory (players will be given a customised version): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aqklu ... 3yfY0In0Tv
Here is a copy of the Divine Right rules (you can play the campaign without reading them): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uoRF_ ... naxXdH11aZ
This is the Divine Right page at Boardgame Geek: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgam ... ine-right
There are more Divine Right files available at the Divine Right Yahoo Group https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Div ... tGame/infoDivine Right can also be played via Vassal, so if you have Vassal you can tinker around with it that way.
If enough players are on Facebook I will setup a Facebook group for the campaign.

If you would like to join the campaign, PM me and advise which country you would like to have (plus a second and third choice), as well as what time zone you are in or what continent live on (so I can put people who are in similar time zones near each other).
Zefnar on the Sea, a hand drawn picture found on one of the Black Hand's spies after he killed himself
Zefnar on the Sea, a hand drawn picture found on one of the Black Hand's spies after he killed himself
Zefnar on the Sea.png (144.34 KiB) Viewed 6093 times
vakarr

Re: Warlords of Minaria non-magical Divine Right Campaign

Post by vakarr »

RBS has been selected by the Congress of New Minaria to be the Warlord of Elfland, High Prince Adillh. All hail High Prince Adillh!

Who else would like to join the royal families of Minaria? The game will not start until we have at least four players.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Interesting... PM sent!

I'll save the myriad questions I have for later!
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

the first issue of The Minarian Chronicals is out, you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19g-BU ... D2wBAi8qDz

In This issue:
  • Minarian Congress Meets
  • Efland Leader Selected
  • Black Hand tries to disrupt Conference
  • Farnot Seafolk and Yando Rivermen offer fleets for hire
The maximum size for an army will be 2000 points and the minimum size will be 600 points.

TheGreyMouser has been selected by the Congress of Nations to be the Warlord of Zorn, Sirdar Draschgig the Terrible.
Last edited by vakarr on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwordOfJustice
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SwordOfJustice »

I've sent an email asking to play Shucassam.
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

The GrayMouser is now ruler of Zorn, while SwordofJustice is ruler of Shucassam. A new issue of the Minarian Chronicles has been published, it is available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TweyK ... 6AzsQe_vR7

In This Issue:
  • Congress Sets Army Limits
  • More Leaders Selected
  • King of Shucassam Gravely Ill
Last edited by vakarr on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Ironclad »

Great stuff - a new interesting campaign. Please count me in. Have just downloaded the details and will get back to you later today when I have had a chance to read them.
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

What time period are the armies selected from?
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

Most players have the option to choose what time period they like, although I wrote the rules intending to use lists prior to Legions Triumphant. For instance, the Elvish army is simply "Persian" which allows them to choose any Persian army they like one turn, and have a different Persian army on another turn. This avoids the problem of having some players with armies that are particularly strong in a particular period and some players being stuck with the inferior armies. It is all described in the Players Guide. I suppose if players don't have the Legions Triumphant DLC then they can't choose from the lists there, but Muetar still has a long list of Roman armies to choose from.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Hi Vakkar, is there a map with better resolution? Place names appear to be important yet I cant read many of them. Some of the nation listed I cant even find on the map ( Where the Black hand?!!)
Cheers!
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

I think the Black hand is that grey area of several hexes near the top right, with the single fortress.
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

The Dwarven realm (Alzakia, light green) is in three places on the map, one north of the Elves, and two near the eastern edge of the map, next to Pon.
The Trolls ( a different light green) have four locations - the capital is between Mivior and Hothior. The Crag is between Zorn and the Black Hand. The Gathering is in the bottom right corner of the map. The Shunned Vale is next to Jipolis in the middle bottom of the map.
Barbarians may appear on the northern, southern, or eastern edges of the map.
Pirates may appear on the Isle of Fright or on the western sea edge of the map.
Special mercenaries appear at their home base (e.g. Lost City of Khos), but players won't get them randomly, they will have to send an emissary or an army to get them.

Ok here's a few more Divine Right Resources:

A video of the game play https://youtu.be/NXbhVNVta7U

Minaria before the Cataclysm - high resolution, you can zoom in on it all the way, the map is different but not the place names and their locations
Minaria before the Cataclysm
Minaria before the Cataclysm
Minaria before the Cataclysm2.jpg (393.9 KiB) Viewed 5966 times
A Divine Right game being played, the view is pretty clear on most of the board
A Divine Right game being played
A Divine Right game being played
Game wth counters.jpg (765.09 KiB) Viewed 5966 times
The Vassal game has the best view of the board, I can post screen shots from that of any part of the board you are interested in. I didn't realise it was difficult to read the locations in the map I had posted. I might make that a part of the game, so exploring the map becomes even more fun. Nevertheless I will include a higher resolution shot of your country in your country pack. Which country would you like to rule?

Yes the Eaters of Wisdom and the Black Hand (the two light grey areas) don't have much territory to start off with, that's why they have lots of other special features (including the strongest castles).
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

Diplomacy

For Diplomacy you will have to move an ambassador or king or queen across the lands of Minaria at a rate of 90 leagues per turn, and engage with the player or non-player when they reach the capital. Ambassadors and non- player Kings have personalities that will affect negotiations with non-player monarchs. The ultimate aim is to get the non-player monarch to be your ally, but that is not guaranteed and your emissary risks being killed in the process.

Note: emissaries can board a state barge/yacht at a city or castle (taking half a turn to do so) and travel thereafter by sea or along a river at 80 leagues per turn, at no extra cost.
SwordOfJustice
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SwordOfJustice »

I found this map which is high enough resolution to read clearly. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8a/22/07 ... fe9904.jpg

vakarr

Post by vakarr »

Congratulations, Archon Nualt the Dreamer (a.ka. Nijis), the Great Congress of Nations has chosen you to be Warlord of Mivior!
Congratulations are also due to Emperor Herroll Golden Helm(a.k.a. Ironclad), the Great Congress of Nations has chosen you to be Warlord of Mueutar!

We now have five players, so the game starts now, please send in your orders!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

vakarr wrote:I suppose if players don't have the Legions Triumphant DLC then they can't choose from the lists there.
However, if the nation has Legions Triumphant, but their opponent doesn't, then the opponent won't be able to set up a battle against the Legions Triumphant army.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Could you put up a list of the players, and update it as necessary. Easier than trying to wade through all the posts to find them.
Richard Bodley Scott

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

So, it appears we cannot communicate with other players until an ambassador reaches them. Obviously not enforceable but I can play on faith that all abide.... however the rules/expectations should make this clear

Can you give a hard deadline on moves deadline? Might need a few days as am sadly still an employee of “the man”
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Thought we had a week for each turn or did I fantasize that. :)
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Question, and apologies in advance if I didn't see it in the manual...

I assume movement is simultaneous. If so, what sorts of provisional orders can we give in terms of attacking or retreating from other armies that we encounter? Ie, if I want to attack army of kingdom X of size Y or below, ignore others, and retreat from any other force, could I do that?

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”